Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Rowe "solo" project

Go down 
+3
FlyingV
ultmetal
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Steve Rowe "solo" project Empty
PostSubject: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 am

This is cool to hear but wasn't Mortification always "Steve's solo project"? Razz

MORTIFICATION Mainman Launches Solo Rock Project - Aug. 31, 2009
Bassist/vocalist Steve Rowe of Australian Christian metallers MORTIFICATION has issued the following update:

"I have actually been thinking for some years now about recording a solo rock album. This has actually turned into a solo rock band!

"I spoke with Lincoln Bowen early this year (MORTIFICATION guitarist from '95 to '02) and asked if he would be interested in playing in my solo rock band. He was itching to get back into playing and said 'yes.' I knew once I had Lincoln on board that this would be great. Lincoln, like Mick [Jelinic], is a very talented guitarist!

"I have written a bunch of catchy old school rock tunes and Lincoln has worked out the guitar arrangements. It is sounding every bit how I envisioned it should.

"Through a common friend, Lincoln and I found a young Christian drummer, Andrew Esnouf, who has joined the band.

"It was a dilemma coming up with a name because THE STEVE ROWE BAND, or something like that, is just not the way I wanted to present this project. I wanted a band name, especially with this project becoming a band entity.

"So here it is: My solo rock project is called WONROWE VISION.

"No, I am not getting older — I am getting younger. I am going back to my roots!

"Some of the bands I really loved when I was a kid, from age 8 to 21, and still love and collect today: MOTÖRHEAD, SLADE, STATUS QUO, G.B.H. and TANK. Of course, in 1984 I heard Christian heavy-edge rock for the first time and thus WONROWE VISION has strong influences from the early heavy-edge Christian rock bandsSteve Rowe "solo" project 2: RESURRECTION BAND, 100% PROOF, ALTAR BOYS and THE CRUCIFIED.

"WONROWE VISION is best described as old-school heavy-edge rock n' roll. MORT fans will hear influences from some of the more accessible MORT songs. The sound is simply more organic with a range of guitar tones.

"We are rehearsing the songs every two weeks with a view to record an album early next year, followed by some local shows. The vision of this band is to appeal to all ages and being more 'accessible' gives us an 'in' to play at youth groups and schools, ground that I cannot cover with MORT."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 am

I think he is just trying to do something musically outside of what most people would like to hear from Mortification. I wonder if he will still do the vocals for this project. Seems like what he is talking about musically is outside of his style of vocals.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
I think he is just trying to do something musically outside of what most people would like to hear from Mortification. I wonder if he will still do the vocals for this project. Seems like what he is talking about musically is outside of his style of vocals.

It says something about (heavy rock). Lincoln Bowen is a very good guitarist so it should be cool. He was also mentioning some punk type bands too.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 am

I think it's a good idea for Steve to put Mort on the backburner for a while. The other day I was thinking that maybe some time away would do him some good and that maybe a different musical outlet would be very healthy for him. I love Mort and always will but I do look forward to Steve and Mick's side projects. Sometimes when we walk away from things for a while and eventually come back to them we have newer, fresh ideas and a renewed sense of vigor and purpose.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 am

FlyingV wrote:
I think it's a good idea for Steve to put Mort on the backburner for a while. The other day I was thinking that maybe some time away would do him some good and that maybe a different musical outlet would be very healthy for him. I love Mort and always will but I do look forward to Steve and Mick's side projects. Sometimes when we walk away from things for a while and eventually come back to them we have newer, fresh ideas and a renewed sense of vigor and purpose.

I totally agree and i think the fans will appreciate the band more with some time away so it is "fresh" later.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:54 am

I hope he finds a singer for this.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:56 pm

WONROWE VISION.

All I can say is WOW. That's lame. But, it's Steve Rowe, so I have high hopes that he can do something with it. But man, that name is bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm

i doubt that steve will get a singer for this project, but I would like to see him doing it
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:13 pm

It's exciting to see Steve do this - it's something different for him. It will be good to hear Lincoln play guitar again - he was with Mortification for 4 LP's. I wish Steve could pick some better names, but I will always support him because he truly loves what he does and has a passion for it.

Here's hoping that the album sounds really good...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Rowe "solo" project   Steve Rowe "solo" project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Rowe "solo" project
Page 1 of 1