Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...

Go down 
+28
brokentulsa
manny
exact33
Gilbert
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Olafsto
Lari
Wargod
Spyder Jonez
Stender
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
Dave the Boss
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
metalinmyveins
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Nope..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Listening to the samples Eye-- I mean, Dong -- posted right now. Me likee. A little more straightforward than the last couple of I.E. discs.

Looking forward to hearing the rest!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 am

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Now you see, this is actually much better than I was expecting. Jon can clearly still write enjoyable metal songs that don't depend on either exclusively triplets or ridiculous over the top nonsense. I'd love the next Iced Earth to sound a bit more like this, with some more vocal trade-offs between Jon and Matt. I've always loved the trade-offs in 'Desert Rain' for instance.
You know, his vocals are reminding me of Russ from Forbidden, particularly on the Distortion and Green albums.
Yeah, I can totally hear that. He's like a snakier / thrashier Barlow, basically. Minus the misguided political ramblings, this is what I wanted Iced Earth to do when they instead released The Glorious Burden [ - go a bit more to basics and let Jon take over vocals. Shame there's no mention of a CD release though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 am

Alex Jones... what a nutjob. Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_lol I'm interested in hearing this though. For some reason I like patriotic American songs (don't ask). Never cared much for the last few IE records, but I'll pick this up probably.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 am

Wow, those two samples sound great to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm

The song "Tree of Liberty" has a riff that is nearly identical to Queensryche's "Empire." And some of the other tunes bear resemblance to other Iced Earth songs at times. I wonder if some of these are tunes from The Glorious Burden or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Go ahead and send them all to me and I'll see if I can figure it out for ya. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Anyone plan on paying for this anyway?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 pm

I am.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:05 pm

I probably will, but the website isn't up... I don't get how you did it already, Ken.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Oh, haha! It isn't there anymore. The site was just one loooooong page—a throwback to 1992 Internet, I guess—with a bunch of links. At the very bottom, there was a Paypal link. I clicked it, paid for it, and got the zip file.

If it leaks, I guess Jon will blame me! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:46 am

Hopefully the free version's bitrate will be halfway decent. lol

Last edited by Rex on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:05 am

The website goes "live" today doesn't it? I will have to check later.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:04 am

This music is really enjoyable.

Not amazing, but good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

Quote :
Download the album in high resolution audio quality for $7.99 via PayPal:

Doesn't the word "resolution" only refer to something visual? Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 685534
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The website goes "live" today doesn't it? I will have to check later.
Unless I brokeded it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:47 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Download the album in high resolution audio quality for $7.99 via PayPal:

Doesn't the word "resolution" only refer to something visual? Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 685534
Shut your face, terrorist!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Website looks way cooler today. It had no images the other day.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 pm

This is awesome. I'd like to seem some credits cuz I'd swear Matt Barlow is singing on a lot of this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Rex wrote:
This is awesome. I'd like to seem some credits cuz I'd swear Matt Barlow is singing on a lot of this.
You know, I was thinking that I was hearing both him and Tim at times, like these are leftovers from the TGB sessions. Thematically, it all fits.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Ok I just went to the site and paid for the songs but where the hell are they? I never got a thing saying download here or an email or zip file. what did I miss?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Ok I just went to the site and paid for the songs but where the hell are they? I never got a thing saying download here or an email or zip file. what did I miss?
If you clicked Return To Merchant, it would have set off the zip file.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:09 pm

lol crap now what do I do?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:51 pm

I just "signed up for the newsletter" to get the free download... it sez to check my e-mail soon for a link to the file.

*EDIT* Well, that was easy. Downloading now...

By the way, I bet now that this Alex Jones wack-a-loon has my e-mail address, I'm going to start getting some interesting SPAM. Haha.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next