Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...

Go down 
+28
brokentulsa
manny
exact33
Gilbert
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Olafsto
Lari
Wargod
Spyder Jonez
Stender
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
Dave the Boss
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
metalinmyveins
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm

nevermore wrote:
manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I think Jon Schaffer committed career suicide on January 6, 2021.

Don’t jump the gun. No one needs record labels anymore. The industry is dead anyway! Iced Earth will continue on with the majority of the loyal fans. Even Lari said he still likes the music.

Look at that Burzum guy... I bet everyone thought no one would care after he murdered the leader of Mayhem. But his stuff still sold online and even when he was in prison.

I've seen quite a few posts on social media from people who said they weren't going to stop listening or selling their Iced Earth records.

With that being said if you stop listening to IE because you don't like Jon's political stance then you need to throw out the rest of your collection too. You know because of band involvement in murder, drugs, sex with underage groupies, alcoholism, etc. etc.

If those claiming they're no longer going to listen to Iced Earth had any integrity or real convictions they'd have stopped listening to them ages ago.

That’s the thing... some people are knee jerk reactionary dopes. It’s all for show to appease the current atmosphere of opinions. Real fans don’t abandon the music they love because of personal differences.

Most people are, especially these days.

I get it but I have to confess there are some actors/actresses/singers/sports I will not watch given stances on topics.

I could careless about someone's political beliefs are different than mine, for example I am still a Ted Nugent fan but disagree with about 99% of his political statements, the difference between Ted Nugent and Jon Schaffer, is Nugent did not go invade the capital, vandalized it and threaten lawmakers lives. That will be the last word on the subject

I just read at blabbermouth that he is yet to be charged.

Well, he's probably still in DC. Just wait for inauguration day and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 3:53 pm

nevermore wrote:
manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I think Jon Schaffer committed career suicide on January 6, 2021.

Don’t jump the gun. No one needs record labels anymore. The industry is dead anyway! Iced Earth will continue on with the majority of the loyal fans. Even Lari said he still likes the music.

Look at that Burzum guy... I bet everyone thought no one would care after he murdered the leader of Mayhem. But his stuff still sold online and even when he was in prison.

I've seen quite a few posts on social media from people who said they weren't going to stop listening or selling their Iced Earth records.

With that being said if you stop listening to IE because you don't like Jon's political stance then you need to throw out the rest of your collection too. You know because of band involvement in murder, drugs, sex with underage groupies, alcoholism, etc. etc.

If those claiming they're no longer going to listen to Iced Earth had any integrity or real convictions they'd have stopped listening to them ages ago.

That’s the thing... some people are knee jerk reactionary dopes. It’s all for show to appease the current atmosphere of opinions. Real fans don’t abandon the music they love because of personal differences.

Most people are, especially these days.

I get it but I have to confess there are some actors/actresses/singers/sports I will not watch given stances on topics.

I could careless about someone's political beliefs are different than mine, for example I am still a Ted Nugent fan but disagree with about 99% of his political statements, the difference between Ted Nugent and Jon Schaffer, is Nugent did not go invade the capital, vandalized it and threaten lawmakers lives. That will be the last word on the subject

I just read at blabbermouth that he is yet to be charged.

Gotta catch him first.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 pm

Ted Nugent did praise what happened and does buy into QAnon lies and does call the pandemic a lie/hoax soooo.. yeah😜 ... that reminds me.. I got some nugent vinyl and cds up for trade😎
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 2:24 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Ted Nugent did praise what happened and does buy into QAnon lies and does call the pandemic a lie/hoax soooo.. yeah😜 ... that reminds me.. I got some nugent vinyl and cds up for trade😎

Make a real statement and just throw them away.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:06 pm

Tz .. i’m tired of your BS constantly attacking me..  incase you didn’t know you’re breaking every single one of the board rules with your crap and it needs to stop now otherwise I’m gonna have to ask a moderator to stop it for you...  i’ve backed off from giving you crap all the time even though you call me horrible names and attack me constantly...  if you don’t have something positive and constructive to say to me than keep your damn trap shut and don’t talk to me at all and don’t respond to my post.. maybe you need to go back and read the board rules😎
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:29 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Tz .. i’m tired of your BS constantly attacking me..  incase you didn’t know you’re breaking every single one of the board rules with your crap and it needs to stop now otherwise I’m gonna have to ask a moderator to stop it for you...  i’ve backed off from giving you crap all the time even though you call me horrible names and attack me constantly...  if you don’t have something positive and constructive to say to me than keep your damn trap shut and don’t talk to me at all and don’t respond to my post.. maybe you need to go back and read the board rules😎

Wow! I was being sarcastic...

You are really wound up. That wasn’t an attack. But what do I expect... Dems have done this all year. Fire shots and then cry foul.

But yeah... that was actually sarcasm.

Btw... I remember just recently that you could “take anything I can dish out”. What happened? Just making a point... now your guy is on and you are not as eager to attack patriots anymore. Whatever!

I will avoid you (the best I can) until you decide it’s ok to rekindle your own inflammatory comments.

(Make sure you read the board rules too)!

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Don't make me get the hose, fellas...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Don't make me get the hose, fellas...

Don’t worry Freddy, I was just having a little fun with sarcasm. Didn’t know that is considered an “attack”. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm

This Jon Schaffer thread is very political. Don’t know how anyone else will not break the “rules”. Laughing very hard

We shall see.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Sleep

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 10a0ae10
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 6:34 pm

^^ a Waltons reference? There's something ya don't see every day. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ a Waltons reference? There's something ya don't see every day. Laughing very hard

Nope! And the real kicker is I’ve never seen a full episode. I remember reruns when I was a kid and their famous catchphrase. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 11:26 am

https://www.loudersound.com/news/iced-earth-guitarist-jon-schaffer-faces-six-criminal-charges-related-to-january-6-trump-rally-violence
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 1:18 pm

And Century Media just removed Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards from their website. Assume the official booting is coming soon.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm

If convicted he’s looking at some very serious prison time... judging  from the comment his bandmates made looks like they’re done with him...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Unless he can make his money talk and hire some amazing lawyers, he'll be on the no-fly list for a while, which pretty much means no income from Iced Earth. The rest of the band might as well start looking for new bands.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Gets worse for him...

Quote :
Prosecutors have levied the first significant conspiracy charge against an apparent leader in the extremist Oath Keepers movement, alleging the Virginia man was involved in "planning and coordinating" the breach of the Capitol earlier this month, according to court documents.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics/oath-keepers-capitol-riot-charges/index.html

He's part of that "extremist" group.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Maybe iced earth finds a new guitarist and moves on..
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 4:33 pm

That's too bad. Iced Earth have become one of my favourite bands in the last ten years.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 9:31 pm

There is no Iced Earth without Jon. They will disband or go on long term hiatus if he is unable to continue at this time.

Jon is to Iced Earth in the same way Dave Mustaine is to Megadeth. He writes all the songs. It’s his creation and vision.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 9:35 pm

Yep, there is no Iced Earth without Jon. He's their Steve Harris, so to speak.

But hey, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. (shrugs)

metalinmyveins likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Sad news. I was looking forward to new Iced Earth material sometimes in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 12:51 am

Troublezone wrote:
There is no Iced Earth without Jon. They will disband or go on long term hiatus if he is unable to continue at this time.

Jon is to Iced Earth in the same way Dave Mustaine is to Megadeth. He writes all the songs. It’s his creation and vision.

But they could tour without him and he could still write the music, manage/control the band, and take his normal cut until he's off the no-fly list. My guess is that's what he'll do.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 1:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

But they could tour without him and he could still write the music, manage/control the band, and take his normal cut until he's off the no-fly list. My guess is that's what he'll do.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it... Jon has a certain personality and likes control of his band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next