Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FYE Dropping Prices?

Go down 
+37
DallasBlack
Hadley
mikeinfla
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
EvyMetal
Wargod
Eyesore
Nico
FlyingV
adrian
Joe
TheDoctor'sScarf
TheGooch
Shawn Of Fire
metallicleora
Addy
exact33
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
SlaytanicPOWER
jstate
Ben Grimm
mez
the sentinel
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Stender
powermacho
325ad
Schbopo
sam
A Handful of Wayne
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:19 am

manny wrote:
I went to FYE to do some trades and asked the manage why they dropped the 9.99 pricing they were doing and she was very honest, stated that FYE was making money, more money then they had in the past, more traffic in stores and CD's were selling but certain record labels and even some artist refuse to participate in the selling their CD at the 9.99 price, once they ended the the experiment alot of labels and artists were able to be restocked at FYE, she said it was lots and lots of labels and artists refuse to cooperate, which to me is insanity when CD sales keep slipping further and further, and the suits and some of these so called artists wonder why this is, further proof the industry is made up of morons.

that is terrible. The days of $15 cds are over - unless you like metal....

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:48 am

manny wrote:
I went to FYE to do some trades and asked the manage why they dropped the 9.99 pricing they were doing and she was very honest, stated that FYE was making money, more money then they had in the past, more traffic in stores and CD's were selling but certain record labels and even some artist refuse to participate in the selling their CD at the 9.99 price, once they ended the the experiment alot of labels and artists were able to be restocked at FYE, she said it was lots and lots of labels and artists refuse to cooperate, which to me is insanity when CD sales keep slipping further and further, and the suits and some of these so called artists wonder why this is, further proof the industry is made up of morons.

That's really dumb on their part, but really not that shocking when you think about it. Corporate greed rears it's ugly head again.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:15 am

It makes no sense to me, is getting 9.99 per CD better then either having someone download their CD for free or opt to buy a used copy instead of the impulse buy of a new release etc, 9.99 is better then a revune of nothing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 am

manny wrote:
It makes no sense to me, is getting 9.99 per CD better then either having someone download their CD for free or opt to buy a used copy instead of the impulse buy of a new release etc, 9.99 is better then a revune of nothing.

It confuses me as well. Sell 2 cd's at $17.99 each or 10 cd's at $9.99? I guess it's cutting into their profit margin too much and they are willing to take the loss? I dunno?

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 am

How are they doing so much better when they keep closing stores?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 am

manny wrote:

I think you would attract people in to buy a cd and get more impulsive cd sales as well...

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:44 am

Used to work for FYE years ago

about time they dropped prices
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Addy wrote:
Used to work for FYE years ago

about time they dropped prices

lol you should re-read the post

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Yea, Addy, I think you missed something. Prices are jacked back up again.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:01 pm

I went in the other day to get my new Halford disk and the price point signage reads, Many Metal cds for $11.99, of course not the Halford disk I paid 15.99 for that and that price detoured me from buying something else. I had the Rust In Peace dvd in my hands but 15.99+ 11.99= too much for me to spend that day, so I spent 15.99
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

I went to a FYE store last month. Got the new Accept album for 9.99. They had a Doro cd there I would have bought but it was not 9.99. So yeah, weird pricing. I just paid two for 30 at my local cd chain. That's their standard sale pricing. Not a very good sale at all. They closed several stores here too. Like most people say, Amazon is just better.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 am

I hope FYE dies. I really do. They deserve the same fate as Circuit City for their arrogance. Best Buy is starting to become the same way as well. They're rarely the best buy on anything unless you catch a sale or pre-order.

Amazon has really become my one-stop shop for EVERYTHING. Games, music, books. New & used.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I hope FYE dies. I really do. They deserve the same fate as Circuit City for their arrogance. Best Buy is starting to become the same way as well. They're rarely the best buy on anything unless you catch a sale or pre-order.

Amazon has really become my one-stop shop for EVERYTHING. Games, music, books. New & used.

Same here, for my CD's it is usually my first and last stop, so thanks to the pricing and lack of product when it comes to music I very rarely do impulsive buying, I am sure I am not the only one.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:04 pm

It's to the point where it's even hard to get a band shirt unless you go online. I know of three locally owned cd shops here but prices are not cheap. Almost 30 for a tshirt and a lot of the CDs are over 20. Two places who used to sell band merch have switched to name brands like tapout or skullcandy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:33 pm

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Same here, for my CD's it is usually my first and last stop, so thanks to the pricing and lack of product when it comes to music I very rarely do impulsive buying, I am sure I am not the only one.

and BB dvd prices are sky high, especially for tv shows.

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Went yesterday to see their prices and heavy metal stock. Even best buy has more variety and cheaper prices than FYE.

Like metal misfit said. Best buy is not bringing great sales anymore. Maybe since there is not circuit city to compete , they can charge higher now.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:06 pm

If FYE closed where I live I'd have to order everything, that would suck. it is bad enough that I have to compete with all the other metal fan in my area for the one copy of a great cd on release day they typICALY GET. Nevermore, Halford and many others I called when the store opened in the morning and had them set aside the one copy that they got in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:37 am

FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 83628

The twol local FYE's in my area (at Cirtus Park Mall and West Shore Mall) are both closing after Jan 18, everything must go, it is official all of my CD and Concert DVD shopping will be done online only, also the music store made for collector's Sound Exchange looks like it will be gone Feb.

That sucks the era of browsing, blind buys, etc had ended, at least for me

Last edited by manny on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:41 am

Hmmm...there's an FYE at the mall about ten minutes from my office, maybe I oughta shoot up there this week and see if they're closing up shop as well.

It would suck to see'em go, of course, but if they're going out of business I'm damn well gonna jump at the chance to pick their carcass a little before they shut the doors.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:47 am

Quote :
That sucks the era of browsing, blind buys, etc had ended, at least for me

I fear for the day this happens for me. Unfortunately I know it is not if, but when. At my local Hastings the comic books have already started to swallow up the music.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hmmm...there's an FYE at the mall about ten minutes from my office, maybe I oughta shoot up there this week and see if they're closing up shop as well.

It would suck to see'em go, of course, but if they're going out of business I'm damn well gonna jump at the chance to pick their carcass a little before they shut the doors.

Same here. Aside from the local used shop, FYE is pretty much the last place I browse for music. Since they ended the "everything's $10", I haven't done much purchasing, but still fun to wander around. Shame if they were to go away, but it wouldn't surprise me in this day & age. And I too will pick at their fat, bloated corpse like the jackal that I am.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 am

I am sure the record labels are wringing their hands but when FYE did all their CD's for 9.99, they were making money at their test stores but some labels refused to particapte, now of course FYE is closing alot of their stores.

You would think with the demise of Tower, Circuit City, both Walmart and Best Buy cutting back that labels would embrace cheaper priced CD's and keeps these stores open, obiviously I maybe wrong
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 am

This makes me wonder about the one FYE I was just in 2 Sundays ago. It showed no indication of closing. It had an endcap of a nice selection of metal cds on sale for $9.99. The regular metal section had normal priced cds (anywhere from 11.99 to 17.99) however.

I have another FYE in a different mall that I'll be checking out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:27 am

One could speculate that major labels are trying to kill the CD altogether so as to go all digital and cut some of thier own costs...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:32 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
One could speculate that major labels are trying to kill the CD altogether so as to go all digital and cut some of thier own costs...

That aspect wouldn't surprise me. Seeing the format slowly circling the crapper for the last few years, the record companies finally are saying "F*ck it, let's flush this turd once and for all and move on." Leave it to the small & independent labels (who have a genuine passion for the music) keep it alive.

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FYE Dropping Prices?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next