Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Expensive Heavy Metal Prices

Go down 
+2
the sentinel
Glower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Empty
PostSubject: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 am

Why are Heavy Metal CDs still so expensive ?

Everything is 15 to 20 bucks a pop.

I know, I know, many bands have been remastered and have 'bone us' material.

You'd think after 30 years - just goes to show - the P O W E R of the N I G H T Expensive Heavy Metal Prices 604261
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 8:36 pm

If you are talking new releases, it's probably because of the lower print runs, so they have to charge more to make up for it. Also, most of the 1980's bands releasing stuff on overseas (to us New Englander's anyway) labels like Frontiers means it's an import to Newbury Comics or FYE and they have to pay more. If you are talking used, I feel as though the prices of a lot of stuff in the Hard Rock /Metal genre has come way down. Things that now sell for the 15-20 dollar bill range used to go for a 100 or more.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 10:10 pm

15-20 dollars doesn't sound that expensive.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 am

I bought this CD for 13 bucks. Pretty good price.
Singer sounds like Exciter's 2nd singer / Crypt .
I have seen some CD releases for 30 - 50 bucks.
Bought Pretty Boy Floyd CD for 22 bucks. Hasn't arrived yet.

What's the most you've ever paid for a CD and who was the band \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 am

If we are talking single disc and used, then it would be $22(including shipping) for Shok Paris' "Concrete Killers" disc. I have paid close to $30 for 2/3 disc sets as new releases. The very expensive "grail" purchases like the Lion and Keel discs were purchased as gifts for me by my wife but she won't say what she paid. Most everything else off the want list the last decade or so has been in the $15-20 range.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 am

I did pay around 50$ for each of the following cds:

Iron Savior - Unification.
Loudness - King of Pain (Japanese edition).
Vanize - Raw.

Nowadays, i mostly frequent used cd shops when i am in Europe. Always manage to grab some amazing items for very affordable prices.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 10:30 am

$15 to $20 has been the standard retail price for a new CD for a pretty long time, regardless of genre.  

Prices fluctuate so much on out-of-print/collectible stuff that it's impossible to keep up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm

I think the most I've paid for a cd is somewhere between $25 and $30 and I doubt I'd ever do it again. I need to spend my money on more important things nowadays (Mortgage, remodeled kitchen, etc)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am

007 wrote:
I think the most I've paid for a cd is somewhere between $25 and $30 and I doubt I'd ever do it again. I need to spend my money on more important things nowadays (Mortgage, remodeled kitchen, etc)

Totally agree. Over the last decade, I had the benefit of selling off a large sports card collection that I bought when I was a single guy living with my parents many moons ago. This has helped supplement my meager music budget immensely. But, even then, I still won't pay crazy prices just to own something. I'm not saying that you guys do, but I have seen people on other forums do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Heavy Metal Prices   Expensive Heavy Metal Prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expensive Heavy Metal Prices
Page 1 of 1