Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FYE Dropping Prices?

Go down 
+37
DallasBlack
Hadley
mikeinfla
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
EvyMetal
Wargod
Eyesore
Nico
FlyingV
adrian
Joe
TheDoctor'sScarf
TheGooch
Shawn Of Fire
metallicleora
Addy
exact33
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
SlaytanicPOWER
jstate
Ben Grimm
mez
the sentinel
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Stender
powermacho
325ad
Schbopo
sam
A Handful of Wayne
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hit the FYE up the road again yesterday... things are getting chaotic in there. The discount on new CDs appears to be 40 percent off now, but there were some racks of random stuff that were 60 percent off, there were some bins of used CDs that were 2 for $5 while others were 2 for $1, etc., etc.... after wandering around for a while I gave up trying to figure it all out, I just threw my picks on the counter and was fine with whatever total they came up with (end result was three CDs for just over $10).

Thinking about going up there again today for some DVD scroungin' so I have something to watch during tomorrow's big snow storm.

My store is only up to 50% but the cds are only 40%. I would have gotten some things but they wanted $18 for Racer X cds and 40% just doesn't seem like enough to me for those or any other cd with that price. I was going to pick up Sister Sin cds cause they were $12 which would have been ok but I just didn't feel like buying it.

I ended up just getting 3 cases of batteries that were only $3. I shouldn't need batteries for a couple of years haha.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Thinking about going up there again today for some DVD scroungin' so I have something to watch during tomorrow's big snow storm.

I shouldn't have said anything cuz literally moments after typing that thought, a huge pile of paperwork and other junk to do showed up on my desk, as if mocking me, whispering "You're not going anywhere, buddy."

Oh well, probably for the best. The wife's going to kill me if many more of these unexplained charges show up on our credit card statement ("What? You went to that FYE again?").

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 pm

So, I hit up my local FYE. The mass exodus hasn't happened, yet. They've had some sales but nothing mind boggling.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Scored a couple of DVDs at the FYE today. Nothin' in the CDs really jumped out at me, I think I've pretty much picked them clean of stuff that interests me unless the discounts get really insane (i.e. 60, 70, or 80 percent off)...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Hit up the FYE up the road again today for what will probably be my last scrounge, as their last day is this coming Friday. CDs are down to 50 percent off now....I'd hoped they would have gone lower than that, but I guess when the store closes up, they'll just re-distribute any remaining stock to their stores that are staying open.

Anyway, I picked up 6 CDs (see the "Music Haul" thread) and the grand total came to 20 bucks and change. Can't beat that with a stick. Let us do the happy dance of cheese!! :cheese:

I guess I made out pretty good there over the past couple of weeks... I got maybe a dozen CDs and half a dozen or so DVDs as well. I can't complain. Fare thee well, F.Y.E.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:03 pm

I'll have to hit the one close to me this weekend...or maybe I should call first...LOL!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hit up the FYE up the road again today for what will probably be my last scrounge, as their last day is this coming Friday. CDs are down to 50 percent off now....I'd hoped they would have gone lower than that, but I guess when the store closes up, they'll just re-distribute any remaining stock to their stores that are staying open.

Anyway, I picked up 6 CDs (see the "Music Haul" thread) and the grand total came to 20 bucks and change. Can't beat that with a stick. Let us do the happy dance of cheese!! FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 929854

I guess I made out pretty good there over the past couple of weeks... I got maybe a dozen CDs and half a dozen or so DVDs as well. I can't complain. Fare thee well, F.Y.E.

Is the FYE that you go to in a mall or is it a free-standing store? I'm asking because it seems like the 3 in my general vacinity are all staying put. For now anyway. But all 3 are in giant shopping malls. The 2 down by my work that closed up a few years ago were independant stores.

I'm wondering if they're just shutting down all the "free-standing" stores for now, but keeping the mall stores open?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:35 pm

The one I've been going to is in a mall. Though a co-worker who's a fellow scrounger sez he's been hitting up an FYE near his house that's closing up which is a free standing store, and he sez there are a few in other local malls that are also going bye-bye. So I guess whether or not it's a "mall" store or a "free standing" store has nothin' to do with it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Well, there goes that theory. Neutral

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

As far as I can tell the one near me isn't going anywhere at the moment.

My brother picked me up a DRI cd from there cd the other day, there were a couple others he called me and asked about, but the prices for most were kind of ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:38 pm

The one I go to is staying open for at least another year. The manager claimed that the ones in malls were demanding (corporate doing the demanding) to renegotiate their leases. If the mall excepted, then they stayed opened. If not, then they closed them. Apparently my mall had too many store closures so they went along with FYE's demands. But it's unfortunately only delaying the inevitable.

I found a whole bunch of discs in the buy one get one for a dollar sale. I even snagged an out of print Point Break blu-ray for seven bucks.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Mine here in Port Arthur, TX closed yesterday Jan.25. I did make quite a haul as the CD's were 50% off. I frequented that store at least once a week for years and am quite sad to see it go. They had a KILLER metal section!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:12 pm

I was just in FYE yesterday at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL buying UFO's "Phenomenon". This particular location looks like they have no plans in closing, though I never bothered to ask any of the employees. The reason, I can't stand their employees or their sales practices. When you go up to the counter, they bombard you with, "Do you want to by C.D cleaner with that?" "Do you want a subscription to one of these various magazines?". etc.. It's never ending... I totally understand why this bozo outfit is closing its doors throughout the country.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 am

FYI about FYE...

I was in there last week making a purchase and on the 18 inches of paper printed out for my receipt of my 1 item, I noticed that there was a small coupon for 30% off any used cd.

I went back last night and got 30% off my purchase of Cheap Trick's At Budokon: The Complete Concert. And on that receipt, another coupon for 30% off.

Not sure how long the offer is good for, but just thought I'd let you wankers know before you throw away that receipt.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Interesting to hear about all of these bargains at FYE. I was at a location in Ohio a couple of months ago and bought a brand new DVD for $2.99! Shocked There's one at the mall in my hometown as well and I have a friend who works there, I'll have to stop by there next time I'm home. Btw do any of you know if your FYE stores carry media racks at all?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:19 pm

My FYE sucks. Everything about it. The prices are crap, and even if I manage to find a used CD in their horribly organized bins, it's always waaaaaaaay too much money.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Quote :
Btw do any of you know if your FYE stores carry media racks at all?

You mean cd or dvd racks? I think the do, but it's probably overpriced. You'd probably find better selection and prices at Best Buy or Ikea.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
FYI about FYE...

I was in there last week making a purchase and on the 18 inches of paper printed out for my receipt of my 1 item, I noticed that there was a small coupon for 30% off any used cd.

I went back last night and got 30% off my purchase of Cheap Trick's At Budokon: The Complete Concert. And on that receipt, another coupon for 30% off.

Not sure how long the offer is good for, but just thought I'd let you wankers know before you throw away that receipt.
Thanks for the heads up! I went there today and found SOD - Bigger Than the Devil and sure enough I just double checked the receipt and there is 30% off! And I almost did throw it away...
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Have no FYE stores close to me. But there was one in Bemidji, MN ansd when I was living on the Canadian border I would drive about 2 hrs to go there. they really didn't have alot of metal but what they did have was good but high priced.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

The one by me already closed, although there is a secondspin.com store pretty close. Owned by the same company, and they're doing well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:58 am

Stopped in the local FYE last night for the first time in over a month or so. The used racks were really packed tight. Saw some good discs in there for once. Unfortunatley, it was stuff I already had for the most part.

One thing that caught my attention was a signed copy of Fireball Ministry's Second Great Awakening. I already have that album, but I might pick up the autographed one just because. Saw S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die-Platinum Edition too if anyone is looking for a copy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 am

I wish the FYE here would have an actual used section. They just lump them in with the actual artists. Which makes sense but I like to have a legit used section to flip through so I don't have to wonder about and try to think of artists to look for. Preferred it much more when I lived in Lansing where that store kept all used CDs together.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:20 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I wish the FYE here would have an actual used section. They just lump them in with the actual artists. Which makes sense but I like to have a legit used section to flip through so I don't have to wonder about and try to think of artists to look for. Preferred it much more when I lived in Lansing where that store kept all used CDs together.

They do both in my area. The new arrivals are gathered in one big section, then they eventually get shuffled in with the rest.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 am

I just bought Journey "Evolution" ('96 Remaster), Journey "Captured" ('02 Remaster) and Vinnie Vincent Invasion S/t (Remaster) all used a couple of nights ago from the FYE in Schaumburg, which I go to whenever I'm in the Chicago area. They always have certain deals on their used C.D's. That night they had buy 2 get the 3rd for a $1.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:34 am

The one I go to used to have a separate section for used CDs they had just gotten in. Made it real convenient to search through. Now they have a bin and two other places they hide them away. Or they go in with the new discs. It's always no surprise they aren't doing better. Worse part is I know they probably have stuff I would buy but I just don't have the time to search through it all. Only thing I will say is that the music section is no where near the disorganized disaster of the movie section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FYE Dropping Prices?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next