Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gas and Oil prices.

Go down 
+13
TheGooch
EvyMetal
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
mc666
Fat Freddy
Stender
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Mortuary
rattpoison
MetalRob331
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Gas and Oil prices. Empty
PostSubject: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Well gas where i am at is going for 3.50 for the cheapest and well oil is off the charts. I think its getting a little out of control with the prices.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 pm

You guys are lucky, we pay $1.52 a litre which if my calculations to gallon and going by current AUS/US exchange rate are right.

We pay $US5.20 per gallon!
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Jesus... $5.20? That's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:53 pm

There's a guy on from New Zealand on another board and he says they pay over $8 per gallon. I don't doubt it; when I was in Sweden on business over 15 years ago, they were paying over $4 then.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 pm

In Venezuala I think they pay like $.12 or something! Life!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:33 pm

In my town in Oregon we pay $3.20 something a gallon. It seems like the bigger citys have better prices on gas then the smaller towns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:48 pm

It's a joke. I have a big ass truck! $50 barely gets me a half a tank! Haha. It's a shame that a bunch of caribou-loving hippies keeps the US from drilling in Alaska. We could be paying like $1.25 for a gallon of gas. But nope...can't anger the hippies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Funny, Eyesore you seemed more like a hatchback kinda guy with the track lighting on the under carriage. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:16 pm

I paid $3.29/gallon just this morning... and that was at a no-name generic gas station for cryin' out loud!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:06 pm

$3.36 around here this morning. i'm not complaining though. it could be worse.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:08 pm

$3.38 a gallon here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:37 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Funny, Eyesore you seemed more like a hatchback kinda guy with the track lighting on the under carriage. Smile
lol!

Nope. I'm only embrace the inner-wigger with my baggy pants and big shirts.

Gas and Oil prices. Truck

That's how I roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Eyesore hit on an interesting topic. There is more oil in Alaska, some in the Dakotas and probably more off the gulf. The environmentalists always say it's not enought to last more then 20-50 years so why bother? I say, be as environmentally friendly as you can and drill for the friggin stuff. 20-50 years of oil is better then nothing and it means less dependence on the Arabs and South Americans who have us by the balls right now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:09 pm

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Type in your zip code and find the lowest prices in your area. I paid $3.31 a few days ago, but I'm sure that price is history by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
http://www.assbuddy.com/

Type in your zip code and find the lowest prices in your area for a "buddy". I paid $3.31 a few days ago, but I'm sure that price is history by now. What a night!

Fixed that for ya.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
lol!

Nope. I'm only embrace the inner-wigger with my baggy pants and big shirts.

Gas and Oil prices. Truck

That's how I roll.

The bed looks too short compared to the rest of the truck, bothers me for some reason
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
http://www.assbuddy.com/

Type in your zip code and find the lowest prices in your area for a "buddy". I paid $3.31 a few days ago, but I'm sure that price is history by now. What a night!

Fixed that for ya.

Let me just state for the record that I've never PAID for an ass buddy. I may be old and married, but I still got what it takes. butt dance
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:23 pm

I dont mind the gas prices too much but when the economies cost of living keeps rising and my job doesnt give out cost of living raises it seems like the longer im at my job the less money i make. I work about 18 miles from work which is great because it saves me bigtime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:25 pm

I live 1 1/2 miles from my job. I bought a new truck in March of 2006 and I have since put only 10,000 miles on it in over 2 yrs. I try not to drive much. Smile
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:12 pm

In my area it's at about $4.09 per gallon. That's another reason why I haven't had the desire to drive.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:23 pm

i iwsh you would stop moaning as petrol or gas as you silly american rebels call it is roughly £1.08 here which is roughly $2.00 a litre. no work out that price for a gallon and tell me you are hard done by
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:04 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i iwsh you would stop moaning as petrol or gas as you silly american rebels call it is roughly £1.08 here which is roughly $2.00 a litre. no work out that price for a gallon and tell me you are hard done by

$US 7.40 per gallon! Sh*t.

I thought we had it bad paying $US 5.20.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Just seems to be going up, three weeks ago the unleaded price at Albertsons (where I work) was 3.34, week after that 3.40, and yesterday 3.49. Good thing I work two jobs really close to my house. I only have to fill up every two weeks as opposed to almost twice a week when I was going to college (during my college days I built up 16K in credit card debt which would have been more if the gas cost was that high). Also it's not just the enviromentalists here in the U.S. on the supply side, it's our "lovely" government who taxes the hell out of feul on the economic side.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:44 pm

I was out with the family today. We passed a gas station on the opposite side of the boulevard selling gas for $3.45 a gallon, which was the cheapest in the area. Since we were heading north, I said I'll stop on the way home & fill-up. This was at 2:00 this afternoon. Fast forward to 7:00 this evening and I pull into the same station. Except gas was now $3.49 a gallon. It went up 4 cents in 5 hours. At this rate it'll be over $4 bucks by the weekend.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:50 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Eyesore hit on an interesting topic. There is more oil in Alaska, some in the Dakotas and probably more off the gulf. The environmentalists always say it's not enought to last more then 20-50 years so why bother? I say, be as environmentally friendly as you can and drill for the friggin stuff. 20-50 years of oil is better then nothing and it means less dependence on the Arabs and South Americans who have us by the balls right now.

I think the environ-mental-ists are drastically underestimating what is available in terms of oil supply, particularly in the rockies. I have heard estimates that the oil supply there may be in the 100s of years.

I think we ought to drill now to alleviate the prices while detroit figures out how to mass produce the hydrogen vehicles. GM is already deploying them in fleets. I think that consumer demand will push us of dependence of oil in the next 10-20 years. Hybrids were a good first step but full fledged cars running on something other than gas will be a boon to the economy and ecology.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas and Oil prices.   Gas and Oil prices. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas and Oil prices.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next