Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
Svengo
XYZ
manny
nevermore
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Empty
PostSubject: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:14 pm

Someone started this on Facebook and I thought it might be fun to try here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has compulsively saved all of his concert ticket stubs over the years. List'em here and show us some of the cool shows you've been to in days gone by. Not only is it fun, but it's interesting to see the rise in ticket prices over the years!!!

Here's mine...

Judas Priest/Dokken - Meadowlands Arena, June 1986 - $15.50 (my first concert ever!)
AC-DC/L.A. Guns - Meadowlands, May 1988 - $18.50
Van Halen's Monsters of Rock (VH, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, Kingdom
Come) - Giants Stadium, July 1988 - $22.50 (Hell of a deal for all
those bands, even tho we left before Van Hagar came on, hahaha)
Judas Priest/Cinderella, Meadowlands, July 1988 - $18.50
Ramones/Savage Thrust, the Wave, Staten Island, NY, October 1988 - $10
Metallica/The Cult - Meadowlands, July 1989 - $17.50
Aerosmith/Skid Row - Meadowlands, January 1990 - $20.00
Overkill/Dark Angel - L'amour Brooklyn, March 1990 - $15.00
Overkill/Hostile Rage - Ramapo College, June 1990 - $15.00
Aerosmith/Black Crowes - Meadowlands, July 1990 - $21.50
Savatage/Trouble - L'amour Brooklyn, Sept. 1990 - $12.50 (Best...show... EVERRRRR by the way)
KISS/Winger/Slaughter - Madison Square Garden, November 1990 - $22.50
Suicidal Tendencies/Leeway/White Zombie - L'amour Brooklyn, November 1990 - $15.00
Judas Priest/Megadeth/Testament - Meadowlands, December 1990 - $20.00
Extreme/Tangier/Valentine - L'amour Brooklyn, March 1991 - $14.00
Scorpions/Trixter/Great White - Nassau Coliseum, March 1991 - $20.00
Ramones/Toll/Backseat Driver - World Stage, Spring Valley NY, May 1991 - $16.50
Kix - World Stage, Spring Valley NY, June 1991 - $16.50
Operation Rock N Roll (Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Dangerous
Toys, Metal Church) - Meadowlands, August 1991 - $25.00 (great price
for all those bands huh?)
Metallica - Nassau Coliseum, December 1991 - $22.50
Scatterbrain/Ugly Kid Joe - Marquee Club NYC, January 1992 - $14.00
Metallica - Meadowlands, April 1992 - $22.50
W.A.S.P. - Fastlane, Asbury Park, NJ, September 1992 - $10.00
KISS/Trixter/Faster Pu$$ycat, Meadowlands, October 1992 - $22.50
Ace Frehley - Studio 1, Newark NJ, November 1992 - $12.00
Mercyful Fate/Flotsam & Jetsam - Academy NYC, October 1993 - $18.50
Fight (w/Rob Halford)/Cathedral - Fastlane, Asbury Park NJ, November 1993 - $13.00
Kix - Cricket Club, Irvington, NJ, December 1993 - $10.00
Type O Negative - Stone Pony, Asbury Park NJ, February 1994 - $11.00
Ramones/Frank Black - Academy NYC, March 1994 - $22.50
Love/Hate - Mai Place, Nyack NY, July 1994 - $13.50
Type O Negative - Fastlane, Asbury Park NJ, September 1994 - $12.50
Queensryche/Type O Negative - Garden State Arts Center, July 1995 - $32.50
Ace Frehley/Peter Criss - Greenwood Lake, NY December 1995 - $16.00
Kiss/311 - Madison Square Garden, July 1996 - $31.00
AC-DC/The Poor - Meadowlands, March 1996 - $35.00

Iron Maiden/Queensryche/Halford - Madison Square Garden, August 2000 - $41.00
Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer - Trocadero, Philadelphia, April 2002 - $16.00
Iron Maiden/Bullet For My Valentine, Meadowlands, October 2006 - $59.50
Iron Maiden/Trivium/Lauren Harris - PNC Bank Arts Center, June 2008 - $69.25 (birthday present from my brother - thanks Brian!!)
Metallica/Machine Head/The Sword, Prudential Center, Newark, January
2008 - ?? (can't find the stub at the moment, but it was a freebie)

Others I remember seeing but don't have stubs as souvenirs:
Lizzy Borden @ L'amour in Brooklyn (fall of '89?)
Sepultura @ L'amour December of '89 and again in December of '90
Raven/Anvil at Birch Hill Nightclub, January 1995
At least three Joan Jett shows @ Birch Hill between 1995-96
Two Kix shows @ Birch Hill and one @ Mother's in Wayne, all in 1995
Warrior Soul @ the Wave, Staten Island 1993, twice at Rock The House (Wallington, NJ) and Mother's in Wayne, all in 1995
Widowmaker (Dee Snider) at Rock The House, fall of '92
Dee Snider's Sick Mother F*ckers @ Birch Hill, summer of '95
Raven/Hades at The Wreck Room (formerly Rock The House), fall of 2000
Testament @ The Roxy Music Hall in Long Island, winter of '94
Babylon A.D. @ L'amour in Brooklyn, spring of '90
At least two Ace Frehley solo gigs at Rock The House in Wallington in '92 or '93, plus one with Peter Criss @ Birch Hill in 1995

I'm sure there are others but my brain is too tired to remember them right now...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:07 am

Most of my ticket stubs from the 80's & 90's were lost in a move (along with 90% of my pictures).

But I do remember the price of one specific gig:

Iron Maiden w/Twisted Sister opening: Jan. 28, 1985 - Capital Center in Largo, MD. $12.50
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't have most of my stubs - long lost (DAMN!!!!), but I will try to list all the shows I have been to....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26452

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:33 pm

I'll dig mine out and post them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 pm

I have been to so many shows, and I used to have all my ticket stubs saved in photo album but lost it in fire, but most of the prices back in the 80's was around $8 to $18 dollars a show. I have seen Fugazi and Savatage for as low as $5. Saw Deep Purple reunion tour for about $15.

I remember when I payed $48 to see the Rolling Stones on their 'Steel Wheels' tour I felt like the prices where highway robbery. To see the Stones on their last tour I think the cheapest seats were $75, that was in the nosebleed section.

I think that the reason alot of people my age where able to see so many concerts is because tickets were not that much more than purchasing an album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

On a side note, going thru my stubs to make this list made me realize that a lot of these venues are no longer in existence... The Academy, World Stage, Zone dk, Birch Hill, The Wave, Mother's, Ruins Cafe, Rock The House, the Fastlane...sigh. Makes me sad. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Curse you! angry just kidding

If you walked out on Roth-era VH, that's a different story.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:28 pm

xyz wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Curse you! angry just kidding

If you walked out on Roth-era VH, that's a different story.
That's hilarious, I did that exact thing when I saw that tour in Memphis. We left two of the guys we came with in the venue while we hung out in the parking lot the rest of the night because we didn't want to listen to Van Halen w/o Roth. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:05 pm

Haha, we weren't the only people who walked out prior to VH. There were a whole bunch of people filing out of the stadium right after the Scorpions ended, and we were chanting "HAGAR'S NOT METAL! HAGAR'S NOT METAL!" all the way back to our cars. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Haha, we weren't the only people who walked out prior to VH. There were a whole bunch of people filing out of the stadium right after the Scorpions ended, and we were chanting "HAGAR'S NOT METAL! HAGAR'S NOT METAL!" all the way back to our cars. Laughing very hard

Just imagine if Roth was still in Van Halen at that time. That would be the greatest tour ever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm

xyz wrote:

Just imagine if Roth was still in Van Halen at that time. That would be the greatest tour ever.

If Roth had still been in Van Halen at the time, we would've stayed for'em!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 pm

If David Lee Roth was still in the band during that era, maybe that tour wouldn't have lost so much money.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Quote :
Savatage/Trouble - L'amour Brooklyn, Sept. 1990 - $12.50 (Best...show... EVERRRRR by the way)

Lucky!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Lucky!!!

Ohhhh yes. Savatage were at their peak (GUTTER BALLET tour) and Trouble were pimping their best album ever (the debut for Def American). I still get a woody when I think back to that concert. It was pure metal goodness to the Nth power.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 am

Freddy, that's cool that you saved all of your tickets. I think for a time I saved mine, and then they just disappeared. My first "Metal" concert experience should've been Judas Priest in 1986, but I received one of my few groundings the day tickets went on sale. When Priest came to Indy, they were touring with Krokus. I remember my friends totally ripping on Krokus the next day. Supposedly their guitarists were tripping over each other the whole show. I guess I didn't realize that Dokken toured with Priest on any of the legs of that tour. Do you remember much about either Priest or Dokken on that night? Thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm

I remember buying tickets at the box office of the local Fair Grounds for Maiden, Saxon, and Fastway for $7.50 each and then being pissed off cause I got backstage passes the day of the show from my friends older brother. Couldn't find anyone to buy them off me... Those who wanted to see them that I knew already had tix.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Freddy, that's cool that you saved all of your tickets. I think for a time I saved mine, and then they just disappeared. My first "Metal" concert experience should've been Judas Priest in 1986, but I received one of my few groundings the day tickets went on sale. When Priest came to Indy, they were touring with Krokus. I remember my friends totally ripping on Krokus the next day. Supposedly their guitarists were tripping over each other the whole show. I guess I didn't realize that Dokken toured with Priest on any of the legs of that tour. Do you remember much about either Priest or Dokken on that night? Thanks for posting this.

Yea, I still remember that night vividly (they say "you never forget your first time," after all...haha). I was a big fan of both bands (Dokken and Priest) and of course with it being my first time at a huge arena show, I just totally geeked out on the entire experience. Dokken were a great live act at that time (I saw them again a few years later on the VH Monsters of Rock Tour, shortly before they broke up and you could tell then that they weren't having much fun with it anymore) but they were definitely firing on all cylinders that night. I vividly remember Priest's opening was "Out in the Cold," the stage was dark except for some fog and colored spotlights till the guitar riffs kicked in, the lights went up, and everybody went bananas. I'm sure either my brother or myself must've went "Holy sh*t, it's really THEM!" Haha.

It's funny because I have such fond memories of that concert, yet when I picked up the Priest ELECTRIC EYE DVD a few years back which included the live concert video taped during the same tour, I could barely watch it due to the massive cheese overload. Oy, the costumes! The cliche'd stage patter! The hair-do's! (Whoever told KK Downing that he'd look good with a curly perm should've been fired ... haha). I guess it was one of those things that may not have aged well but since I was there "in the moment" it remains a very special time.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:22 am

Man, you went to some kickass shows! The only ticket I still have is from when I saw Candlemass in my hometown in 05. I was the happiest fourteen year old you've ever seen, haha!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:57 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Man, you went to some kickass shows!

Thanx... concerts were kinda my "hobby" for a lot of years ... probably cuz I was a total loser who never had a girlfriend. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices   Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert Ticket Stubs & Prices
Page 1 of 1