Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FYE Dropping Prices?

Go down 
+37
DallasBlack
Hadley
mikeinfla
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
EvyMetal
Wargod
Eyesore
Nico
FlyingV
adrian
Joe
TheDoctor'sScarf
TheGooch
Shawn Of Fire
metallicleora
Addy
exact33
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
SlaytanicPOWER
jstate
Ben Grimm
mez
the sentinel
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Stender
powermacho
325ad
Schbopo
sam
A Handful of Wayne
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

FYE Dropping Prices? Empty
PostSubject: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:02 pm

I went to the mall yesturday and since I haven't been into a music store, I would have to say in atleast a month or two I had to go to FYE. Also seeing the sign that said ALL SINGLE CD'S $9.99! I picked up a few things. The price wasn't that big of a deal because there is a mom and pop shop that I go to where everything is $9.99 as well but I was able to get a few things he didnt have which again was surprising for FYE.

I picked up The Clan Destined, which wasnt on sale because it came with a dvd but Ive been looking for that for a while now so I grabbed it. Also got Iron Maiden Number Of The Beast remaster to complete my remaster collection. I could never see spending $20 on something I already had to just complete a collection and lastly I got Queen Rocks Montreal which was a double cd but for some reason was $9.99 so I grabbed it before they caught the mistake.

So what does this mean? I have no idea. My gf asked if they were going out of business and the guy said that the FYE was a test store. I hope the test works because I think sales will definetly go up if prices stay this way. Because if you think about it, you pay around $10 for mp3's which are obviously a lower quality than cds and what do you get? just music. You pay $10 for a cd you an actual item.

I know this day and age people dont really care about owning cds but maybe this will help cd sales. I know I would have bought a lot more back when I had a much larger want list if this would have happened sooner.

So does anyone else have an FYE thats doing this as well?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

So does anyone else have an FYE thats doing this as well?

nope, it went out of business 6 months ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 pm

really....haha maybe this one will go soon too

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I got Savatage's "Power of the Night" new at the one in the mall over here, and it was $11.99, so I dunno.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:28 pm

I guess your store isnt doing it cause it would have been $9.99

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 am

OKC has two FYE stores but I have never seen prices that low on new releases!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:08 am

I have to go to the mall for FYE. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 am

powermacho wrote:
I have to go to the mall for FYE. 🤘

Too bad I dont have FYE here, pick me up something macho!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

There are 3 FYEs in my general vacinity at home. There were 2 closer to work that have closed up shop. I'll have to take a look and see. I hope you're right, Wayne. It's about time they got with the program. Charging $18.99 for a cd in this day & age is just stupid.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I haven't been to an FYE store in ages (there aren't any within a convenient distance) but if this pricing plan of theirs takes off, maybe some of the few other CD retailers that are left will take notice and follow their lead.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 pm

I was at FYE yesterday and did not notice the price changes since I went straight to the used racks, but I do think people will buy CD's if they are cheaper, even in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:59 pm

manny wrote:
I was at FYE yesterday and did not notice the price changes since I went straight to the used racks.

At my last job there was an FYE not far from the building where I worked and I spent many a lunch break running over there for a quick root thru the used racks. I miss that. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
I was at FYE yesterday and did not notice the price changes since I went straight to the used racks.

At my last job there was an FYE not far from the building where I worked and I spent many a lunch break running over there for a quick root thru the used racks. I miss that. Sad

I used to do that too until they closed up. Sad That's where I picked up Helloween's The Dark Ride. I used to find some great stuff in those stores because they were in more "urban" locations. Nobody was looking for metal in those stores. Probably why they closed 'em too.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:02 pm

manny wrote:
I was at FYE yesterday and did not notice the price changes since I went straight to the used racks, but I do think people will buy CD's if they are cheaper, even in this day and age.

Thats the thing though, it might not be in ever FYE mine is luckily a "Tester" store supposedly. I have to check out this other one thats close to my house. Not buying any new cds lately, I havent had a reason to step in the store yet.

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:02 pm

I was in Asheville NC for the Dream Theater show and walked into the local FYE and they had that $9.99 pricing as well...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:39 pm

They should lower their prices.

Ex.: Primal Fear - Metal is Forever (2 CD) at FYE $20.99
Primal Fear - Metal is Forever (2 CD) at Newbury Comics $12.99

That would be the only reason for me to shop there again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

I only buy at FYE if it's used or something I can't find anywhere else and that doesn't happen much.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

FYE has always been so overpriced, I never bought from them because of it, if they went out of business it is one story that I would not feel bad over. Personally think they robbed people for to many years already.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 pm

I will have to check out the FYE here, I usualy avoid it unless I can't find what i want elsewhere the prices usually suck
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 pm

I've always found FYE to be okay on the used stuff (though going through it in the racks is a pain) but almost never buy anything new. If this price point takes hold I'll be going there more frequently and buying much more.

I did notice that at secondspin's store, which is owned by the same company, that new prices have come down a few dollars. Most were in the 11.99 range.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Hopefully they all go down in their prices. It has been a long time coming for something like this and I think this is the best time to be doing it. The economy is crap, the music industry is dying this im hoping will be a good thing and stick for a long time to come.

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Hastings does quite a bit of sales also.

I just picked up

FYE Dropping Prices? 3961

for $3.99
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:05 pm

I made a quick pit-stop in my local FYE tonight. They had signs all over the place "All CDs $9.99 or lower". The usual exceptions apply of course (no double cds, etc.). I went in about 15 minutes before they were ready to close up shop, so I didn't have much time to browse. I did ask a clerk if they were going out of business and she said "Not that I know of". I asked how long is this sale and she replied "It's going on indefinately. They are testing it in a few stores and judging on the results, it may become the standard price. We're trying to stay competetitive". Good news for us consumers I suppose. I'd actually shop there now. I'll go back this week when I have more time to look around for some deals.

I also saw a sign posted that read "Pre-order any new release and get it for $6.99 on day of arrival". That's pretty decent.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went out of business in the next few years.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I made a quick pit-stop in my local FYE tonight. They had signs all over the place "All CDs $9.99 or lower". The usual exceptions apply of course (no double cds, etc.). I went in about 15 minutes before they were ready to close up shop, so I didn't have much time to browse. I did ask a clerk if they were going out of business and she said "Not that I know of". I asked how long is this sale and she replied "It's going on indefinately. They are testing it in a few stores and judging on the results, it may become the standard price. We're trying to stay competetitive". Good news for us consumers I suppose. I'd actually shop there now. I'll go back this week when I have more time to look around for some deals.

I also saw a sign posted that read "Pre-order any new release and get it for $6.99 on day of arrival". That's pretty decent.

wow 6.99? I might just have to go back and find out more about that one.

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FYE Dropping Prices?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next