Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FYE Dropping Prices?

Go down 
+37
DallasBlack
Hadley
mikeinfla
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
EvyMetal
Wargod
Eyesore
Nico
FlyingV
adrian
Joe
TheDoctor'sScarf
TheGooch
Shawn Of Fire
metallicleora
Addy
exact33
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
mr.electric39
Temple of Blood
SlaytanicPOWER
jstate
Ben Grimm
mez
the sentinel
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Stender
powermacho
325ad
Schbopo
sam
A Handful of Wayne
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 9:06 pm

EDIT: i just got back from checking out one of the Best Buy's in Reno (had not been to one in a while) and oh my f*cking god!, it was no better than looking at one of the CD Bargain Bins inside a Dollar Tree.

FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Giphy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm

I can't help but wonder if these places that are dumping vinyl had better/ more competitive prices, they would not have had to purge the cd sections and lose the battle to online (read Amazon). I feel like they will be doing the same thing 3-6 years from now when the overpriced records they have are languishing in the bins.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 9:45 pm

you know what's funny, i did not even see a Vinyl section (also i did not care to ask, lol). it's sad. f*cking Trends i tell ya. F*ck 'em all.

FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 InnocentHardtofindBantamrooster-max-1mb
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
EDIT: i just got back from checking out one of the Best Buy's in Reno (had not been to one in a while) and oh my f*cking god!, it was no better than looking at one of the CD Bargain Bins inside a Dollar Tree.

You live in Reno? That explains a lot lol What part? I lived outside if Reno,  in Stead, right next to the airport out there where they did the air races.

Far as best buy and these chain stores are concerned, I haven't bought a CD from any of them unless they have some sort of exclusive release. Think the last time I bought a CD from a chain store was when Black Sabbath released their best buy exclusive bundle with extra songs, and a shirt for the 13 album. Those stores are just to expensive to buy music from. Plus I'd rather support a small used record store or buy online if it's something I need right away.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 12:34 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:

You live in Reno? That explains a lot lol What part? I lived outside if Reno,  in Stead, right next to the airport out there where they did the air races.

Far as best buy and these chain stores are concerned, I haven't bought a CD from any of them unless they have some sort of exclusive release. Think the last time I bought a CD from a chain store was when Black Sabbath released their best buy exclusive bundle with extra songs, and a shirt for the 13 album. Those stores are just to expensive to buy music from. Plus I'd rather support a small used record store or buy online if it's something I need right away.

i don't live in Reno, i myself live outside, i live in a small town called Susanville, and it's only a hour drive to get to Reno. the next time i go to Reno, i'm just sticking with Recycled Records, better chances of finding something good, instead of feeling like your staring at a wall.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:

i don't live in Reno, i myself live outside, i live in a small town called Susanville, and it's only a hour drive to get to Reno. the next time i go to Reno, i'm just sticking with Recycled Records, better chances of finding something good, instead of feeling like your staring at a wall.
I've been through susanville before. If memory serves it's sort of on the other side of Tahoe somewhere isn't it? I don't remember, it's been over twenty years since I've been there. We lived in Stead, which is a superb of Reno, and before that we lived in Tahoe, and before that, my beloved Las Vegas.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 am

Our FYE has the vinyl right up front as soon as you walk in the door. The CD's are now in the back behind all the t-shirts and collectible items. I don't even loko at CD's anymore when I go in there because they are usually around $17.99. Way overpriced. (Vinyl is as well but I like looking at it, sometimes I can find a used record for a decent price).
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Just happened to be in a FYE today in Irving, TX. Sad.

Going to the record store is just not fun/worth it anymore.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

"Record store"?

What's that?  We haven't had one of those around here in years.  And we used to have both national chains like Camelot and FYE as well as some local chains.  All gone the way of the dinosaurs now.  About the only one left is Vintage Vinyl, a locally owned store which used to be my favorite spot for finding used CDs but now it's pretty much just its name...old vinyl.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 pm

So I took a quick ride up to a local more store awhile ago and I popped into the FYE on the first floor. They started to clearance out some of the vinyl (take half off the sticker on anything marked a "red hot deal" record) that was extremely overpriced to begin with - $149.99 for a Metallica "Hardwired" 3 lp set. I flipped through the 50 or 60 records and still wouldn't pay half that for that Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 1:14 am

Man i never knew that record shops were starting to become rare in the US. I always thought you could find one almost on every corner or in every downtown Shocked

Everytime i travel to Europe, i am happy to notice that there are still lots of record shops in most cities. On my last trip to Athens a couple of weeks ago, i spotted around 5 metal music stores in the vicinity of my hotel! Those ones didn't even exist last time i was there, back in the pre-internet days.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 7:13 pm

I feel as though the small independent shops are making a comeback while the chains are dwindling.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 12:21 am

the sentinel wrote:
I feel as though the small independent shops are making a comeback while the chains are dwindling.

I always preferred independent shops over chains. You can always dig in for some rarities in those headbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Absolutely! Plus a ton more used items as they usually pay better so they get some better (and rarer) items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FYE Dropping Prices?   FYE Dropping Prices? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FYE Dropping Prices?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7