Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 am

Joe wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:
nevermore wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:
Not sure if anyone mentioned In Solitude (from Sweden) yet. Really good Mercyful Fate-influenced stuff. Their new album, The World. The Flesh. The Devil. (2011), has been a frequent player lately.

I've been wondering if anyone has the In Solitude and their thoughts about it. I'll have to check into them further.

To be honest, I've gone back and forth on it over time. A few songs are a little too long, more dynamics or just tightening things up wouldn't hurt, but overall they have a likable enough sound and enough good riffs to keep me coming back. I'd say it's overall enjoyable and worth it if you can find it at a good price, and if you like the band's sound, but expect a bit of a grower. Just my opinion, though.

Yeah, you pretty much are spot on. Some of the longer songs do tend to drag a little, but it is a solid release. I think I like the new Portrait a little better.

Agreed, I think Portrait's newest is the better of the two as well.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:47 pm

I recently picked up the new In Solitude cd. I like it. But I do agree with you guys that the Portrait album is better.
Back to top Go down
Rawk Hawk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:33 pm

No list of NWOTHM bands is complete without including ICARUS WITCH! The band tours with original Iron Maiden singer Paul DiAnno opening for him and playing as his band. Doesn't get much more trad than that!

Also Widow, Huntress and Eclipse from Sweden play very classic style metal.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Yeah i have some Icarus Witch.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:47 am

Stormzone are far and away the best band of this scene. Enforcer, Skull Fist and Cauldron are also worthy of your hard earned cash. Everything else is pretty mediocre re-hashed NWOBHM-worship. You're better off picking up the NWOBHM/classic rarities that inspired these bands.

Last edited by Andy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:55 am

I agree that Skull Fist (haven't heard the new one yet), Enforcer and Cauldron are the best of the bunch. But to be honest, that's not saying much. This retro traditional movement, while tempting, has been pretty bland overall.

I didn't care for White Wizzard's last album but I read a review (written by someone who also didn't like the last album) saying the new one is pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:33 am

I dont think that the following records are mediocre at all and its great to buy the records from the 80s but we also need to buy the ones of bands of today, they are the future of our movement. If we want bands to release new albums when IRON MAIDEN or SAXON are finished, and to be able to watch cool concerts in a future, then we have to support them today:
ENFORCER:DIAMONDS (2010)
SKULL FIST:HEAVIER THAN METAL (2010)
HOLY GRAIL:CRISIS IN UTOPIA (2010)
ARMOUR:ARMOUR (2009)
STEEL HORSE:WILD POWER (2009)
PORTRAIT:CRIMEN LAESAE MAJESTATIS DIVINAE (2011)
SAVAGE BLADE:WE ARE THE HAMMER (2009)
WHITE WIZZARD:HIGH SPEED G.T.O (2009)
WHITE WIZZARD:OVER THE TOP (2010)
CAULDRON:CHAINED TO THE NIGHT (2009)
CAULDRON:BURNING FORTUNE (2011)
STRIKER:ROAD WARRIOR (2009)
STRIKER:EYES IN THE NIGHT (2010)
WILD:CALLES DE FUEGO (2009) EP
PORTRAIT:CRIME LAESAE MAJESTATIS DIVINAE (2011)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:43 am

I agree with the above list, especially Cauldron, White Wizzard and Enforcer
Back to top Go down
ProgDoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Check out Wolf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=mZfwUzMfLSA
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:11 am

Gilbert wrote:
I agree with the above list, especially Cauldron, White Wizzard and Enforcer

Yes, they are all great. Hail to you headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:14 am

ProgDoom wrote:
Check out Wolf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=mZfwUzMfLSA

Yes, WOLF is an other great traditional heavy metal band, same with METAL INQUISITOR, PEGAZUS or METALUCIFER but they all came out a lot before the NWOTHM movement . Its a little the same with JUDAS PRIEST or MOTORHEAD back in the NWOBHM days. They were before that movement, but still magazines put them into that movement. Anyway, they fited in, same WOLF for exemple.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:49 am

The thing is that the old school is coming back with such strong releases that the new wave is starting to lose grounds.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Gilbert wrote:
The thing is that the old school is coming back with such strong releases that the new wave is starting to lose grounds.

yes, and thats great, that makes the bands work harder and work on better songs. Its great to be into heavy metal in 2011. We can listen to everything released between 1970 and 2011. Back in the 80s for exemple you had just the music from the 70s and 80s. Also before you had to wait till your record shop got something you wanted to buy. Today thanks to internet with money you can find nearly everything released, and its delivered to your home.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:41 am

I agree that metal is getting better and better each year headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:11 am

Oh, I'm really glad I came across this thread a few days ago. I was looking for new traditional stuff, such as Steelwing, which I really like to listen to. And I've found here exactly what I wanted to find. Just listening to Steel Horse. headbanger

But I didn't register to tell you this kind of stuff. Actually, I wanted to know, what we can expect in 2012 from this traditional heavy metal music. As I mentionned before, I'm a fan of Steelwing and really looking forward to their new album, which will be one of this year's highlights for sure. But what can I expect apart from this? Which albums should I pay attention to?

Thanks for answering. And sorry for my English (though it shouldn't be too bad), for my first language is German...

Best greetings from Switzerland
Dellocatus
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 am

Steelwing are amazing. I have their album, and i hope they keep up playing such strong and catchy metal headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 am

Have you listened to the already published songs from the new album (due to be released next week)? They are even better than the ones from their first record. Especially "Tokkotai" kicks asses headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 am

Listening to it right now! Amazing! headbanger

I will pick up the new album for sure headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:57 am

Full speed ahead is one mean track headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:03 am

Yeah. I already preordered it. It's great to live in Switzerland, because here it will be released earlier than everywhere else, beside the other German-speaking countries. If I remember right. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:44 am

Dellocatus wrote:
Oh, I'm really glad I came across this thread a few days ago. I was looking for new traditional stuff, such as Steelwing, which I really like to listen to. And I've found here exactly what I wanted to find. Just listening to Steel Horse. headbanger

But I didn't register to tell you this kind of stuff. Actually, I wanted to know, what we can expect in 2012 from this traditional heavy metal music. As I mentionned before, I'm a fan of Steelwing and really looking forward to their new album, which will be one of this year's highlights for sure. But what can I expect apart from this? Which albums should I pay attention to?

Thanks for answering. And sorry for my English (though it shouldn't be too bad), for my first language is German...

Best greetings from Switzerland
Dellocatus

welcome to HoM! I just ordered Wild Power from Steel horse two days ago. Good stuff!

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah, that's exactly the one I've been listening the whole day. I think I will order it too. It is important to support such bands, imo.

O.k., back to my question: which of these bands are going to release new albums this year?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 am

i am looking forward to getting Rock Rolla - The War of Steel Begins:

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 am

Dellocatus wrote:
Yeah, that's exactly the one I've been listening the whole day. I think I will order it too. It is important to support such bands, imo.

O.k., back to my question: which of these bands are going to release new albums this year?

STEEL HORSE released a couple of month ago their second album, IN THE STORM, and its a killer album. Its possible to buy their released (incluiding a 7"single directly from the band, from their web site.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:17 am

Oh, didn't know, that there is another Steel Horse release. Unfortunately, I only can find one song to check out, but what I'm hearing really rejoices me. I probably will get it from their website, for there isn't a possibility to get it anywhere else... Very Happy

What else will be released this year? Rocka Rollas isn't to bad, but it isn't more than average to me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next