Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Iron Jos
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Great thread guys!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HailHeavyMetal
Iron Jos
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:09 am

Another two fresh European metal bands keeping the spirit alive.

Hitten from Spain:

Evil Invaders from Belgium (more old school speed metal)

Full EP on Spotify.

Do you like?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HailHeavyMetal
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

I like that Evil Invaders song, will have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 am

Ordered the new HOLY GRAIL - Into the Void

My NWOTHM collection is expanding fast headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I saw EVIL INVADERS live last week and HITTEN are great. The guitar player is the same as with IRON CURTAIN.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Someone gave me something free of theirs at Wacken last year, but I have no clue what I did with it. Maybe I'll pull it out and give it a listen soon.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 am

Currently spinning the Axxion EP. It's basic, old-school heavy metal. Nothing fancy.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
TheOath
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Two new tracks from our first full-length, released a week ago.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:44 am

Bumpin' this tread cause I'm in the mood for traditional heavy metal. Anyone got some new recommendations?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:45 am

TheOath wrote:
Two new tracks from our first full-length, released a week ago.

Cheers!

Good stuff. Let me know if and when an actual cd is available. I don't do downloads.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bumpin' this tread cause I'm in the mood for traditional heavy metal. Anyone got some new recommendations?

Just came across this awesome band yesterday:

Total Axxion worship!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:57 am

I posted this is the new haul thread last week, but check out Midnight Malice. Their album Proving Grounds is awesome!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:59 am

You may also enjoy Stallion - Mounting The World:

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:03 am

If you haven't already checked them out, I would seriously recommend Slingblade. Just great heavy metal from Sweden. They have been mentioned a few times on here but not a lot of love which puzzles me!  surprised 

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:04 am

Blade Killer from L.A.  They've got a Dianno-era Maiden sound going on.  Their vocalist struggles sometimes on the higher stuff and he's much better when he tries a lower register.  They are very young so I expect he'll only improve.  

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:07 am

Midnite Hellion from NJ. Female fronted quality traditional metal. They have this 7" out and are working on more. They also have an earlier EP with a dude singer, but the new singer is much better than him.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:11 am

Black Trip from Sweden. A couple of dudes from Enforcer are in it and they have a really cool Thin Lizzy vibe:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:16 am

A Sound of Thunder - very cool female-fronted traditional metal.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:22 am

Striker - Another Canadian band.  They started out with more of a speed metal sound, but their last album was rock solid traditional metal.  

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:34 am

NWOTHM is going strong still today like i can see. STRIKER are great, saw them live and they are amazing. The last SKULL FIST is also very very good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 12:14 pm

All excellent recommendations!! There wasn't a single one I didn't like.

Blade Killer I have. Just got it about a month ago from Stormspell.

Black Trip, Skull Fist and Striker have both been on my radar for awhile now, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm waiting for that Black Trip to get a US release. The import prices are ridiculous.

I'll be looking into the other ones as well. Unfortunately for my cheap ass, a lot of of these fall outta my price range.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Striker - Another Canadian band.  They started out with more of a speed metal sound, but their last album was rock solid traditional metal.  

Superb, just wow!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm

I just received wolf legions of bastards today.

these guys define traditional metal. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
All excellent recommendations!! There wasn't a single one I didn't like.

Blade Killer I have. Just got it about a month ago from Stormspell.

Black Trip, Skull Fist and Striker have both been on my radar for awhile now, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm waiting for that Black Trip to get a US release. The import prices are ridiculous.

I'll be looking into the other ones as well. Unfortunately for my cheap ass, a lot of of these fall outta my price range.

Get Skull Fist asap. They truly are ahead of the pack, which is kind of impressive considering the overall high quality of other bands.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:49 am

I've been waiting for this debut for some weeks now:

Superb traditional heavy metal. Really like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 11 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next