Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Empty
PostSubject: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:41 am

Its a global movement. So many bands all over the world are playing heavy metal with traditional 80s heavy metal influences and not only in sound but also in looks and attitude. Many of those bands released their first album in 2009 or 2010 and they are the future (i hope) when big bands like MAIDEN, MANOWAR or SAXON are finished in 10 or 15 years.
Some of my fave bands from the NWOTHM are:

WHITE WIZZARD

ENFORCER

CAULDRON

HOLY GRAIL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEMLthMBDF4

and other bands like ARMOUR, STEEL HORSE, WILD, NADSOKOR, STEELWING, SKULL FIST, MIDNIGHT PRIEST and a long etc....
If you are into real heavy metal you MUST suport this bands. THEY ARE OUR FUTURE.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:14 am

krokus wrote:
Its a global movement. So many bands all over the world are playing heavy metal with traditional 80s heavy metal influences and not only in sound but also in looks and attitude. Many of those bands released their first album in 2009 or 2010 and they are the future (i hope) when big bands like MAIDEN, MANOWAR or SAXON are finished in 10 or 15 years.
If you are into real heavy metal you MUST suport this bands. THEY ARE OUR FUTURE.

Thank God, surely need to check out a few of those. headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 am

I listened to all videos posted above and I am so glad such a change is indeed happening in the music world. All Hail.............
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 am

Holy crap. I've died and gone to heaven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:48 am

Yes! I've mentioned this before and am so glad there's a swing back to real metal. I'd add Phantom X, Hibria and Twisted Tower Dire to that list.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 pm

I am happy you guys are liking what i have posted. About the bands you are talking about THENAZGUL, they are all great and all traditional heavy metal (i like specialy TWISTED TOWER DIRE) but they started long ago, not the last two or three years. Between 1990 and 2008 their have been many many great bands playing traditional heavy metal but they were not a part of a NEW WAVE because many of those cool bands (to name a few:METALUCIFER, PEGAZUS, BLACK STEEL, PARAGON, THUNDERSTEEL, CAULDRON BORN, POWERGOD etc...) came out not at the same time. It was not a exploision of traditional heavy metal bands like what happend back in england with the NWOBHM era for exemple. Now this is happening again but globaly, all around the world. Hunderds of traditional heavy metal bands are coming out the same time, since 2008 aprox. and those are the ones that are part of the NWOTHM, all with great 80s looks and great heavy metal attitude the way it should be. Some of my fave NWOTHM records are:
ENFORCER:DIAMONDS (2010)
SKULL FIST:HEAVIER THAN METAL (2010)
HOLY GRAIL:CRISIS IN UTOPIA (2010)
ARMOUR:ARMOUR (2009)
STEEL HORSE:WILD POWER (2009)
SAVAGE BLADE:WE ARE THE HAMMER (2009)
WHITE WIZZARD:HIGH SPEED G.T.O (2009) EP
WHITE WIZZARD:OVER THE TOP (2010)
CAULDRON:CHAINED TO THE NIGHT (2009)
CAULDRON:BURNING FORTUNE (2011)
STRIKER:ROAD WARRIOR (2009)
STRIKER:EYES IN THE NIGHT (2010)
WILD:CALLES DE FUEGO (2009) EP
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:29 pm

An other great NWOTHM band:
VOLTURE
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I think RAM are great. I just love their song Infuriator headbanger

This is the only video I could find (it is on their MySpace though: http://www.myspace.com/rammetal/music

Last edited by snooloui on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I getcha Krokus, makes sense. And I love Ram, good to see someone else likes them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:28 pm

I like Enforcer, White Wizzard, Cauldron and Holy Grail a lot. I also like Ram and Armour. Checked out Savage Blade and liked the track I heard. I'm going to check out some of the others you mentioned,Krokus.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 am

This is the first time I am coming across these bands, and I am glad I did.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:37 am

Bullet are a great band.

I was just listening to BITE THE BULLET on my way to work this morning.

Very UDO-ish headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:43 am

I like all the bands mentioned.Cauldron are probably my favorite of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:58 am

I listned to all of those videos and really didn't care for any of them except Holy Grail, which I would like to hear more of. The others I just don't get. Enforcer sounded really cool on the intro of that song but then it lost me. So far these bands just don't have what the originals had or have, but they are still young bands so maybe they will get better as time goes on. For now though, nothing grabbed me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 am

I brought Cauldron's album into work this week because of this thread. Good band and I need their new one.

I'm finally getting on board with White Wizzard too, although I think I enjoy their ep High Speed GTO over their debut Over the Top. High Speed GTO has a more NWOBHM sound to it. A little more raw and unpolished maybe. I think I like that vocalist better too. He's the guy in Holy Grail, correct? I like what I'm hearing with them too.

Enforcer's not bad, but I'm not totally hooked yet. Heard good things about them though, so I'lll put them in the "maybe" category.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

I've heard good things about Holy Grail and what little I've heard of White Wizzard sounds promising. Haven't checked out the other bands mentioned in this here thread yet (no speakers on this PC so I can't watch the vids till I get home tonight).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:06 am

I'm really hoping some of these bands hit and aren't the two albums and gone type.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 am

Twisted Tower Dire has been around for 16 years...

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 am

They have and I love them and think they either started or were very instrumental in getting this move going. Traditional metal by new bands was passe when they started.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 am

TheNazgul wrote:
They have and I love them and think they either started or were very instrumental in getting this move going. Traditional metal by new bands was passe when they started.

Have they changed or altered their sound? I owned TTD's Crest of the Martyrs at one point and I thought they sounded like that generic "European flower/power metal". Everything double-bass blazing speed, singing about swords and death to false metal. Am I off-base with that accessment?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:30 am

I like a lot of the bands mentioned.
A couple others in that vein
VOLTAX from Mexico (who at first I thought was a NWOBHM band)
and
SIGN OF THE JACKAL from Italy, they only have a demo which was re-released as a 7" vinyl and sound a lot like ACID (Belgium).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:32 am

Quote :
Actually, Twisted Tower have more in common with bands like Omen, Riot or "Killers"-era Iron Maiden.

Stole this from Ult's site and this is what he said about their first album but it fits Crest.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Actually, Twisted Tower have more in common with bands like Omen, Riot or "Killers"-era Iron Maiden.

Stole this from Ult's site and this is what he said about their first album but it fits Crest.

Hmmmm, I don't remember that at all. Maybe I was just in one of my "purge all flower metal" moods and these guys got caught in the net. I think I traded that disc to Phoenix Wayne. Maybe he's got a different opinion of it. Ah well, live and learn. I haven't missed it in all this time, so I doubt I'll be back-tracking for it now.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:04 pm

One minor gripe about the band Cauldron. They are no longer allowed to use the word "chains" (or any variation thereof). From their debut album Chained to the Nite, there is the songs 'Chained Up in Chains' and a cover of Black n' Blue's 'Chains Around Heaven'.

Enough, boys.

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next