Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Now those guys would definately fit this category!! Steelwing's good stuf.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Flower Metal..... hmmm.... as in slickly produced heavy metal????
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:21 pm

I guess it's power metal without the thrash leanings like a Metal Church or Vicious Rumors. I still like it though.
Have to investigate more into Steelwing.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25601

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Christian Mistress is another band some of you may like.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Yeah, STEELWING are of course part of the NWOTHM, thats 100% true.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:53 pm

I like Enforcer! They kinda remind me of very early Motley Crue meets early Def Leppard.

thanks for this thread some really great bands there.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9852

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:54 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I like Enforcer! They kinda remind me of very early Motley Crue meets early Def Leppard.

thanks for this thread some really great bands there.

I couldn't agree more.

Enforcer are truly amazing. I'm starting to add them to my collection.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 am

I am happy you guys like ENFORCER. They played at our anual metal fest HEAVY METAL ESPECTROS when they released the first album. They were more speed metal then. Very young guys, very young.
Today i am going to see a couple of those NWOTHM bands together with AVENGER from the UK (IRON KOBRA from germany, STEEL HORSE and AXEVYPER from Italy).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Very cool, have a good time.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:01 am

AVENGER really sucked big time, very smurf poo. Only one original member and the rest looked like a metalcore band and they didnt play the songs in a good and traditional way. Horrible. IRON KOBRA kicked ass, but STEEL HORSE were the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Steel Horse. So far it's a little spendy here in the states.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:13 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I'm hearing a lot of good things about Steel Horse. So far it's a little spendy here in the states.

They are really good. Their debut album came out on cd and later on vinyl too. Now we are all waiting for the second album.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Actually it is not. We have licensed a CD pressing for the US market and you can pick it up for under $12 from a lot of the usual places (The End, Century Media, Sentinel Steel, our own distro, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Nice, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3887

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 am

I like a few of these bands like Widow and Striker.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7602

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks to this thread I ordered the following:

Armour - Armour
Volture - Shocking Its Prey
Enforcer - Diamonds
Cauldron - Chained to the Nite
Cauldron - Burning Fortune

I already had Holy Grail and White Wizzard and love those discs.

Does Bullet fit into this category because those guys are just killing it now? Great Accept style metal.

It's great to see Traditional metal being played by young bands. This stuff is all excellent. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Thanks to this thread I ordered the following:

Armour - Armour
Volture - Shocking Its Prey
Enforcer - Diamonds
Cauldron - Chained to the Nite
Cauldron - Burning Fortune

I already had Holy Grail and White Wizzard and love those discs.

Does Bullet fit into this category because those guys are just killing it now? Great Accept style metal.

It's great to see Traditional metal being played by young bands. This stuff is all excellent. \'arry \'eadbanger

Thats really great, i am very happy about this. Some of this bands will have to pull the heavy metal movement when bands like MAIDEN, or ACCEPT are finished in 10 or 15 years.
About BULLET, they fit well because they play traditional heavy metal influenced heavy metal but they started already some time ago, before 2009. Still people put them into the NWOTHM category (same with WOLF or METAL INQUISITOR, even if those bands are active for 10 years already).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7602

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Funny thing about Bullet is that I saw a video for Bite the Bullet and thought they kicked ass. I was going to buy that album and Heading To the Top when I realized I had bought Heading To the Top when it came out and had never listened to it! It was sitting in a box down in the basement so I dug it out and listened to it and then bought Bite The Bullet. I need to score Highway Pirates still but it seems to be sold out.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Funny thing about Bullet is that I saw a video for Bite the Bullet and thought they kicked ass. I was going to buy that album and Heading To the Top when I realized I had bought Heading To the Top when it came out and had never listened to it! It was sitting in a box down in the basement so I dug it out and listened to it and then bought Bite The Bullet. I need to score Highway Pirates still but it seems to be sold out.

BULLET are very good. I also like the german band BULLET, they released two cool albums back in the 80s but that is a different story. KEEP METAL ALIVE FOREVER BRO. Hail to you. Take care.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:56 am

also check out IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
for fans of Agent Steel, Toxik and such. I think it's very good.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9852

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:50 am

romeolimagolf wrote:
also check out IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
for fans of Agent Steel, Toxik and such. I think it's very good.

It is very good indeed headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:06 am

101 rules of NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal)

1. The more obscure the better
2. Hearing Metallica's cover of "Am I Evil?" does not make you a NWOBHM fan
3. Without Diamond Head, there would be no Metallica
4. Without NWOBHM, there would be no Thrash
5. Constantly complain that Thrash "killed off" NWOBHM; while secretly liking Thrash
6. When someone asks you what NWOBHM stands for, tell them something like "the best genre of music, ever." Make sure they still don't understand what it means.
7. Iron Maiden after "Killers" is not NWOBHM
8. Complain that Iron Maiden "stole" Bruce Dickinson from Samson, while praising him for his work in IM
9. Dress like you're from the 80s, this includes long unkempt hair, ripped jeans, ripped denim jackets with obscure band patches and an even more obscure band t-shirt
10. Pagan Altar are gods amongst men, this is unarguable
11. Def Leppard really really suck! (Apart from their debut)
12. When forming your own NWOBHM "tribute" band, record your album in the key of A
13. In fact, record your whole career in A
14. Make sure at least one song has the main riff lifted from "2 Minutes to Midnight"
15. Which was CLEARLY a rip-off from "Welcome to Hell" by Venom anyway
16. Ballads must have a clean picked intro, a crushing middle section, followed by a fast outro
17. Only write songs about sex, drugs and rock n roll...
18. And the Devil
19. Never down tune your guitars, ever (unless you're Venom)
20. You're not Venom and never will be
21. Bad production values are a MUST, if it's highly produced, it's not NWOBHM
22. Spend exactly £5.35 on producing your album
23. Did I mention the more obscure, the better?
24. Constantly complain that band X "should've made it big"
25. Complain about bands making it big and going commercial
26. Kevin Heyborne is a living legend, even if he can't keep a stable Angel Witch line-up for more than 5 seconds
27. Two words: WITCHFINDER GENERAL
28. Track down every demo, EP and single of your favourite NWOBHM band; go as far as contacting a former member and conducting an interview with him.
30. Start up a Neo-NWOBHM band...
31. But realize your only fans will probably be in Germany and/or Sweden...
32. And you can't afford to move there...
33. Nor would you want to because then you wouldn't be NWOBHM
34. Major record companies are evil; they killed off every NWOBHM act
35. Only sign with small independent record companies...
36. Or Neat
37. Brian Ross is your idol
38. Anything past 1986 isn't real metal....
39. Unless it's a NWOBHM reunion
40. Deliberately spell your band name wrong: substitute vowels for consonants (mainly y's) e.g. Tygers of Pan Tang, Tytan, Phyne Thanquz, etc
41. Name your band something completely irrelevant to the subject matter you sing about, e.g. Satan
42. Worship Diamond Head, daily, if necessary
43. Talk to mainstream metal fans about your favorite obscure NWOBHM act and tell them they're better than anyone they say (which is right, right?)
44. NWOBHM is the only genre that bad songwriting is acceptable
45. When recording your "live" album (keep in mind rule 21 and 22), dub in a few of your mates drunkenly shouting after every song has finished
46. Constantly remind people that Garage Inc. is far inferior to the original songs (especially the Diamond Head and Blitzkrieg covers)
47. Release your demo as a sleeveless 7" only make 500 copies; that way it'll be obscure enough to be classified as NWOBHM
48. Go to every NWOBHM reunion concert ever, even if they are held only in Germany and/or Sweden
49. High pitched vocals are a must. This is non-negotiable, unless you're Venom (see rule 20)
50. Keyboards are optional, keyboard solos however, are not
51. Never keep the same line-up for more than one single/demo/EP. Fire someone if you have to...
52. It'll probably be the drummer anyway
53. Motorhead and Judas Priest are not NWOBHM...
54. But they're pretty kickass nonetheless
55. To put your band in good light, tell people you used to perform at the Soundhouse, even if you weren't born in the 60s/70s...
56. They'd probably never find out anyway
57. NEVER under any circumstances give up on your quest for obscurity, no matter how far you dig, there will ALWAYS be a more obscure band out there (see rule 1)
58. Scorn Metallica for stealing Diamond Head's glory...
59. Even though they played together on at least one occasion
60. Lars Ulrich is an ass
61. Barry "Thuderstick" Graham isn't
62. Track down all of Bruce Dickinson's early recordings with Speed, Xero etc...
63. Even though they are pretty average at best
64. In NWOBHM, women are acceptable band members unlike that homo-erotic Thrash malarkey....
65. Keeping in mind rule 12, record a really heavy and fast song in the key of E...
66. Make it a B-side of a lightweight melodic rock song recorded in A...
67. The A-side is intended to get "recognized"
68. Getting recognized and becoming mainstream is not NWOBHM
69. Urchin are not NWOBHM but Dave Murray and Adrian Smith played in them so it's okay
70. There's much more to Holocaust than just "The Small Hours" but their version was better than Metallica's
71. Their version of "Master of Puppets" is also better than Metallica's
72. Bass MUST be audible, but keep in mind rules 21 and 22
73. Twin guitars are a must, this is essential...
74. Unless you're Venom (see rule 20)
75. Record a load of demos, stuff them in a box, break the band up and wait 20 years until "finding" them again, release them as "The Complete Anthology"
76. Instead of recommending the more known NWOBHM bands to interested friends, show them your collection of obscure 7" singles and demo tapes, tell them "you can look but not touch"...
77. No, you haven't listened to them either.
78. The NWOBHM Encyclopaedia by Malc McMillan is your bible...
79. You have it by your bedside table and read it every night
80. Owning a few Iron Maiden albums does not make you NWOBHM...
81. Even if they are self titled and Killers
82. Track down your favorite NWOBHM bands elusive out of print "second album"
83. Realize it's crap, but keep in anyway because you just shelled out 100quid for it on eBay
84. Following rule 83, debut albums are ALWAYS a NWOBHM band's best work, this is unarguable
85. You thought I was going to say "unless you're Venom" didn't you?
86. Venom's debut IS their best work, period
87. And possibly the worst produced album, ever
88. Re-release all your albums "remastered" with all your demos and EPs tacked on the end
89. Your debut album must be raw and frantic; your sophomore album must be either hair metal or AOR
90. Your album and/or single cover must be a black and white sketch done by your mate who does art in college (part time, of course) of either your band, the Grim Reaper, skulls, or some valiant warrior on horseback
91. Don't sing about the Grim Reaper, skulls, or some valiant warrior on horseback
92. Following rules 65 and 66, record a cheesy ballad with synthesizers, make it 9 minutes long and release the lot as an EP
93. Paul DiAnno is still cool even if he was fired from Iron Maiden and done precisely nothing since then
94. To preserve your legacy, DON'T record an album, just singles, demos and EP's, this will ensure your place in the NWOBHM hall of fame...
95. After that see rule 75
96. Record all your material in your front room or garage
97. Paradoxically, foreign members are allowed in NWOBHM bands, hell, even full foreign bands can be classified as NWOBHM as long as they played at least one gig in London during the 80s
98. Progressive elements ARE allowed in NWOBHM, unlike that boring Thrash malarkey...
99. Thrash is actually really really cool, even if it is American
100. Remember kids, the more obscure the band, the better they are!
101. Don't take this list too seriously
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:18 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm

hilarious
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Quote :
Should also throw in Pharoah and Crescent Shield too, great Maiden inspired stuff.

So glad someone mentioned these fantastic bands. My two favorite of the NWOTHM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next