Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal

Go down 
+11
ZombieHavoc
kethdredd
Wurthless
nevermore
Thrasher73
Required Fields
choosemetal
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best of Canada's new wave of heavy/speed
Striker
New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_lcap50%New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Skull fist
New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_lcap29%New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Cauldron
New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_lcap7%New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
3 inches of blood
New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_lcap14%New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Empty
PostSubject: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Those are the 4 bands i have been listening to non-stop lately headbanger

Which one gets your vote?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

I voted striker.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Striker for me.

Skull Fist is quite excellent too, however I only have one album from them (a situation that will soon be resolved), so it's kinda hard to fully judge.

Cauldron started out strong, but they've been in a bit of a slump lately. The last album was kinda dull and the one before that hasn't had much staying power either.

3IoB never clicked with me. I couldn't take the harsh vocals.

Gilbert, check out fellow Canucks AXXION. Similar style of their Canadian brethren...

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 pm

I love all of these bands, but I think Striker is probably my favorite.

In case you wanted to know what Cauldron would sound like with Striker's vocalist then here you go:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Axxion!! That's my vote! But If I had to pick from those 4 then Cauldron.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Black Moor is another Canadian band you might want to check out if you like this style.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/blackmoore.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Never heard of axxion. Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 5:16 am

I like all these but Striker gets my vote. They've consistently released great albums. I really like Cauldrons first album but they sound too samey to me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 am

I'm too unfamiliar with any of these bands to vote. What I have heard however, I've liked, especially Striker.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:25 pm

All these bands are really good!! Striker are the most consistent of the 4. They get my vote.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 pm

As RF said, I'd second Black Moor. They're a really solid band. I have their album from last year, Brave to the Grave, and I really like it.

But of the bands listed, my favorite is probably Cauldron. I like 3IoB's first album and their last one a lot. And I haven't heard Skull Fist or Striker.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 12:34 am

I have been spinning striker 's armed to the teeth album for the last three days. It may be their best.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 12:21 pm

I went with Skullfist, but its a tossup between them and Striker.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm

I went with Skullfist too, no question.

I was listening to 3 Inches this morning though and thinking about how much I miss them. Aside from Fire Up the Blades, I loved all their albums. Blades wasn't even bad or anything, just didn't click with me the way the others did.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:28 pm

After they disbanded, did any of the members of 3 Inches of Blood do anything else? Seems like they all dropped off the map. Musically-speaking anyway.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
After they disbanded, did any of the members of 3 Inches of Blood do anything else? Seems like they all dropped off the map. Musically-speaking anyway.

Three of the band members have formed a new band - Worse - and have issued a demo:

http://loudwire.com/3-inches-of-blood-members-new-band-worse-stream-demo/

It sounds nothing like 3IOB.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Woof! It's Worse alright. No thanks.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Striker for me.

If only for the extreme cheeseball awesome of this video lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 pm

I honestly havent' heard enough of any of these bands to make a vote.

I've liked what I have heard from Striker and Skull Fist enough that both are on my "list" to investigate further at a later date, I just haven't gotten round to it.

3 Inches of Blood did nothin' for me. I reviewed one of their albums (I believe it was "Advance & Vanquish") for my buddy's e-zine years back and the high shrieky monkey squealin' vocals killed it for me.

Don't think I've ever heard Cauldron.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Woof! It's Worse alright. No thanks.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 5:36 pm

How about Black Moor? Another killer Canuck heavy/speed band.

Of those four, I think I'd go with 3 Inches of Blood, but I love all four.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 1:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
How about Black Moor? Another killer Canuck heavy/speed band.

Of those four, I think I'd go with 3 Inches of Blood, but I love all four.

Not familiar with black moor Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 am

This striker video clip has got to be one of the worst i have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Gilbert wrote:
This striker video clip has got to be one of the worst best i have ever seen.

Fixed that for you dude! Razz
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Went with Skull Fist although Cauldron is right there also..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal   New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New wave of Canadian heavy/speed metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next