Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Widow from Raleigh, NC is another band some of you guys might like.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Here's another one for fans of early Iced Earth and Blind Guardian

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 STEEL_AGGRESSOR_350
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:38 pm

stormspell wrote:

Yeah, I just checked these guys out, I like it!

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah, I'm quite pleased to have this release on our roster. I've been looking for quite some time for such epic type of dark fantasy oriented power/speed metal
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm

The sound is surely amazing.

I wouldn't agree with the looks though.

It's a little bit weird to try and look 80's while we're in 2011 Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Does swedish band WOLF qualify as part of this wave?

They're quite good.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Gilbert wrote:

They're quite good.

Post the video or the song, we will judge NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 775710
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:49 am

Gilbert wrote:
The sound is surely amazing.

I wouldn't agree with the looks though.

It's a little bit weird to try and look 80's while we're in 2011 Smile

The heavy metal look from the 80s is still alive in 2011 like it was back in the 90s or 00s. Its started in the 80s but its timeless and forever!!!!!!! same with the music.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:50 am

MoonChild wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

They're quite good.

Post the video or the song, we will judge NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 775710

Yes the music of WOLF is traditional heavy metal but they came out long before this NWOTHM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 am

Good song, is the rest like that?
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:15 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Good song, is the rest like that?

There were others on youtube I just happened to grab that one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Joe wrote:
stormspell wrote:

Yeah, I just checked these guys out, I like it!

Great song.

And great cover art as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 am

Should also throw in Pharoah and Crescent Shield too, great Maiden inspired stuff.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm

How bout Baphomets Blood?Anyone heard them?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:19 am

speed101 wrote:
How bout Baphomets Blood?Anyone heard them?

Yes, i love them. They are very influenced by bands like BULLDOZER, VENOM, WARFARE etc...but they dont play tradicional heavy metal. Its more a mix between primative thrash/speed metal with some punk hooks. I am going to see them live next month in the city of VALENCIA en Spain.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 am

Thats great news Krokus.Wish i could see them.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

speed101 wrote:
Thats great news Krokus.Wish i could see them.

Thanks. I think they will kick ass because the got metal in their veins. Total metal dedication 100%. TAke careeeeeeee.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 pm

nevermore wrote:
Widow from Raleigh, NC is another band some of you guys might like.

I will most definately second this headbanger . They may not be part of the new wave, but they are great tradtional metal. And are currently working on their latest record...
Another excellent band along these lines, though not really new, is Steel Assassin.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Actually, Twisted Tower have more in common with bands like Omen, Riot or "Killers"-era Iron Maiden.

Stole this from Ult's site and this is what he said about their first album but it fits Crest.

Hmmmm, I don't remember that at all. Maybe I was just in one of my "purge all flower metal" moods and these guys got caught in the net. I think I traded that disc to Phoenix Wayne. Maybe he's got a different opinion of it. Ah well, live and learn. I haven't missed it in all this time, so I doubt I'll be back-tracking for it now.

Yea I like them. I like that cd I got from you too. Their singer just died recently. No idea what is going to happen with them.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Actually, Twisted Tower have more in common with bands like Omen, Riot or "Killers"-era Iron Maiden.

Stole this from Ult's site and this is what he said about their first album but it fits Crest.

Hmmmm, I don't remember that at all. Maybe I was just in one of my "purge all flower metal" moods and these guys got caught in the net. I think I traded that disc to Phoenix Wayne. Maybe he's got a different opinion of it. Ah well, live and learn. I haven't missed it in all this time, so I doubt I'll be back-tracking for it now.

Yea I like them. I like that cd I got from you too. Their singer just died recently. No idea what is going to happen with them.

Tony died a couple years ago. They have had a new singer now for a while and are about to put out a new album called Make It Dark.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I picked up the latest Firewind album..... what do ya think?

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:12 am

I like it, not as good as Premonition to me but still a great listen. I think most would put this in the flower metal catagory.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:50 am

I guess Polish band Crystal Viper would count, as they debuted in ยด07 and thus are relatively new still: