Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Nice comp coming out April 25th from Earache Records for folks looking for a taste of this next generation of heshers...

Quote :
NEW NOISE ATTACK features fourteen songs from some of the best up-and-coming metal artists, including a number of previously unreleased tracks and some which have not previously been available on CD.

NEW NOISE ATTACK is an essential compilation for all metalheads and is a perfect sampler for just half the cost of a regular new CD.

NEW NOISE ATTACK features the following raging metal tracks:

ENFORCER - Midnight Vice
WHITE WIZZARD - Shooting Star *
CAULDRON - All Or Nothing
HOUR OF 13 - Naked Star
THE SOULLESS - Earthbound **
THE BROWNING - Standing On The Edge *
WOODS OF YPRES - I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery
WORMROT - Erased Existence **
OCEANO - Weaponized
CEREBRAL BORE - The Bald Cadaver
AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH - This Night Is The Coroner's
BONDED BY BLOOD - Prototype: Death Machine
SSS - Eat Me Drink Me Burn Me **
DIAMOND PLATE - Waste Of Life (Demo) **

* Previously unavailable on CD
** Previously unreleased

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Two years ago Earache were ALL for NWOCTM (New Wave of Classic Thrash Metal) and wouldnt touch anything else with a stick... I wonder what it be 2 years from now, NWOTBM Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:01 am

I havent checked if anyone have posted this one yet, but if not check it out, especially if you like Ghost but w/o keyboards:

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Walpurgisnightunderthem

Audio sample: [ CASTLE GHOUL ] <-click

_
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:52 pm

WALPURGIS NIGHT played at our HEAVY METAL ESPECTROS CLUB anual festival this year, in the south of spain:
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:27 am

i'm enjoying this new wave of trad metal headbanger

listening to bullet right now.
Back to top Go down
theraj662
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0o3UN8pEro

Here's a great NWOTHM band from Canada called Skull Fist. This is a song called Heavier Than Metal.

Another Kick smurfing Ass NWOTHM song from Skull Fist!

Last edited by theraj662 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm

[quote="theraj662"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0o3UN8pEro

Here's a great NWOTHM band from Canada called Skull Fist. This is a song called Heavier Than Metal.

Skull Fist are great!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
theraj662
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Another one from Skull Fist: Sign of the Warrior LIVE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ew5-xzuyY&feature=related

No False Metal LIVE!

Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Anyone know a complete list of all these new nwothm bands or at least most?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Yip I enjoy a heavy dose of Skull Fist on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 pm

new skull fist LP out in August
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

speed101 wrote:
Anyone know a complete list of all these new nwothm bands or at least most?

I second that! I'm gonna store them in my phone so when I'm at the record store, I can remember who they are!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Evil Survives

Check 'em out.

Back to top Go down
tgriffith1992
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 am

Here's my list so far (feel free to add to it). I kinda just went over the pages here and consolidated the bands to one list. Please add any I missed:

Holy Grail
White Wizzard
Cauldron
Enforcer
Skull Fist
Armour
Steel Horse
Savage Blade
Striker
Volture
RAM
Steel Aggressor
Crescent Shield
Steelwing
Bullet
Pharaoh
Evil Survives
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 am

The only band that comes to mind that isn't on your list is Zuul. I'll have to take some time and go through that because there are a couple I haven't even heard of!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:12 am

Here some more:
HELVETETS PORT
ST0NEWALL from Italy
CRIMSON FIRE from Greece
WILD from Spain
etc...more and more bands are coming out and more people are getting interesting in those bands. This is the beginning of something big.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am

Not sure if anyone mentioned In Solitude (from Sweden) yet. Really good Mercyful Fate-influenced stuff. Their new album, The World. The Flesh. The Devil. (2011), has been a frequent player lately.

I also really like Cauldron and Enforcer. I wasn't too convinced by Enforcer's debut, but their second and most recent (Diamonds) won me over. Both bands sound like they could've come straight from the NWOBHM circa 1981.

This probably doesn't fit here, but I also love some of the newer neo-psych / doom bands like Witchcraft, Jex Thoth and Blood Ceremony. Excellent Sabbath worship, all the way down to the very authentic '70s production values. Love it.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:16 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:
Not sure if anyone mentioned In Solitude (from Sweden) yet. Really good Mercyful Fate-influenced stuff. Their new album, The World. The Flesh. The Devil. (2011), has been a frequent player lately.

I also really like Cauldron and Enforcer. I wasn't too convinced by Enforcer's debut, but their second and most recent (Diamonds) won me over. Both bands sound like they could've come straight from the NWOBHM circa 1981.

This probably doesn't fit here, but I also love some of the newer neo-psych / doom bands like Witchcraft, Jex Thoth and Blood Ceremony. Excellent Sabbath worship, all the way down to the very authentic '70s production values. Love it.

Yeah IN SOLITUDE are great, same with PORTRAIT, also big MERCYFUL FATE fans.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:

I've gotten into some of those bands as well, check out Dead Man and Graveyard.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am

Heres a band yet to be mentioned. Personally not impressed but thought someone else here might like ém. Freakin´ hot chick singing though!

https://www.facebook.com/Hesslerchicago
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:

I've been wondering if anyone has the In Solitude and their thoughts about it. I'll have to check into them further.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:32 am

I picked it up from indiemerchstore.com when it was $9.99 on pre-order, but haven't had time to listen to it yet. I do hope it is better than the previous though - it was sort of let down for me, after the excellent demos.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:26 am

[quote="Witchfinder"]
theraj662 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0o3UN8pEro

Skull Fist are great!

Just checking them out. WOW!
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:29 am

nevermore wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

I've been wondering if anyone has the In Solitude and their thoughts about it. I'll have to check into them further.

To be honest, I've gone back and forth on it over time. A few songs are a little too long, more dynamics or just tightening things up wouldn't hurt, but overall they have a likable enough sound and enough good riffs to keep me coming back. I'd say it's overall enjoyable and worth it if you can find it at a good price, and if you like the band's sound, but expect a bit of a grower. Just my opinion, though.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
nevermore wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

To be honest, I've gone back and forth on it over time. A few songs are a little too long, more dynamics or just tightening things up wouldn't hurt, but overall they have a likable enough sound and enough good riffs to keep me coming back. I'd say it's overall enjoyable and worth it if you can find it at a good price, and if you like the band's sound, but expect a bit of a grower. Just my opinion, though.

Yeah, you pretty much are spot on. Some of the longer songs do tend to drag a little, but it is a solid release. I think I like the new Portrait a little better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next