Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne names new album....

Go down 
+46
Jesusandmetal23
A Handful of Wayne
Telmorn Altayon
Temple of Blood
MoonChild
krokus
Planchaaaa
thejokeriv
Rex
Schbopo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wargod
HeavyMetalMerchant
MetalRob331
Zdan
Tur-Thalion
XYZ
SuprimuS
Thrasher_Mike
tohostudios
akeldama
Mglaffas81
iamrockerfun
MEGATRON
Metal Misfit
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
mc666
7thSaviour
GrandNational
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
nevermore
Lurideath
Eyesore
T-Roy
metalinmyveins
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
Addy
manny
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Troublezone
kmorg
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Sharon saved Ozzy's career, and possibly his life.

True. 25 years ago. And since then, she's been doing everything in her power to destroy that career, chipping away a little more and more each day. Since she's now become the bigger celebrity, all that power has gone to her plastic surgery enhanced head.

Maybe "Soul Sucker" is about Sharon. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 am

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

True. 25 years ago. And since then, she's been doing everything in her power to destroy that career, chipping away a little more and more each day. Since she's now become the bigger celebrity, all that power has gone to her plastic surgery enhanced head.

Maybe "Soul Sucker" is about Sharon. Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 201269

I'd find nicer things to say about Hitler before I could find something complimentary about that woman. She just irks me to no end.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

She's helped it in so many ways. I don't think she's hurt his career one iota. His musical credibility? Sure. His integrity as a human being? Probably. But his career? No way. She created Ozzfest at a time when metal was a dirty word. She gave him TV exposure to a new generation who didn't even listen to BS or know who he was. She made the right financial moves at the right times and always pushed forward, never content to stay in the same old circuit playing for the same 40 year olds night after night.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

+1

Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Ozz-man cometh and should goeth   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 am

I think Ozzy lost it all once he made that show. Though I am fan of his family reality show, he still took something away from his "dark" side. I still love the guy for what he has done in his life, music wise, and he still has set the standard for making it in the business when no one else believes in you. But it is true, it is time to call it a day my dear Ozzy. You have brought this world all the great things, but don't keep batting out there, no pun intended, just to be in the game and lose your 400 batting lifetime average. I still respect everything you have ever done... music wise, and I know you just love doing something instead of dying out of old age.

What album do you all feel was his last great album?
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 am

Quote :
His musical credibility? Sure.
(-1 point)

Quote :
His integrity as a human being? Probably
(-1)

Quote :
She created Ozzfest at a time when metal was a dirty word.
True. (+1) And was gracious enough to let bands play if they paid. Childish tantrums and band demands and egg throwing incidents (-3) Also, gave Crazy Town exposure. (-1)

Quote :
She gave him TV exposure to a new generation who didn't even listen to BS or know who he was.
Yes. (+1) Although it was by exposing him as a doddering, stuttering fool that can't use a toaster (-1) as well as inflating her own self worth (-1), making older fans embarrased to watch or listen to him (-1)

Quote :
She made the right financial moves at the right times and always pushed forward
True, despite Ozzy's reluctance to do so. (draw)

Quote :
never content to stay in the same old circuit playing for the same 40 year olds night after night
But also isolating those same fans that have been loyal (-1)

And let's not forget the former band members she's screwed over financially or otherwise burned bridges with over the years (-10)

Positives - 2 points
Negatives - 20 points

Your honor, I rest my case.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:05 am

Excellent post Telmorn, and I do not feel Ozzy has made a terrible album as of yet (ok his covers album 'Undercover' borderline sucks) but he certainly has not made an album that matches any of his classics IMO, I personally think his last great album was ' No More Tears'

I also agree with your statement that the show took away from his image, no one wants to see the prince of darkness fumbling around like a drunk Archie Bunker with tattoos
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
His musical credibility? Sure.
(-1 point)

Quote :
His integrity as a human being? Probably
(-1)

Quote :
True. (+1) And was gracious enough to let bands play if they paid. Childish tantrums and band demands and egg throwing incidents (-3) Also, gave Crazy Town exposure. (-1)

Quote :
She gave him TV exposure to a new generation who didn't even listen to BS or know who he was.
Yes. (+1) Although it was by exposing him as a doddering, stuttering fool that can't use a toaster (-1) as well as inflating her own self worth (-1), making older fans embarrased to watch or listen to him (-1)

Quote :
She made the right financial moves at the right times and always pushed forward
True, despite Ozzy's reluctance to do so. (draw)

Quote :
never content to stay in the same old circuit playing for the same 40 year olds night after night
But also isolating those same fans that have been loyal (-1)

And let's not forget the former band members she's screwed over financially or otherwise burned bridges with over the years (-10)

Positives - 2 points
Negatives - 20 points

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Lol
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:07 am

Well well well looky who we have here! A NEWBIE! Not only a NEWBIE, but my arch nemesis Telmorn Altayon! I thought I defeated you many galaxies ago my old *ahem* friend? Out of all places you decide to show up on a message board. Affraid to face me eye to eye? HMmmmmm? Well... All I have to say is, You better watch your back around these here posts. One day you never know I could be right behind you and BAM! Surprise Surprise.... I give you a hand shake and finally welcome you too all that is great on the internets. Its actually the HEART of the internet, for it is.... THE HEART OF METAAALLLLL!

I just picked the new Ozzy up today and I got to song #5 and so far I only really like 2 of them. I'm going to be listening to the rest in a few minutes so I'll be sure to post back.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:33 am

Metalguy seems to be confused about what his own argument is.

He agreed with my point while disagreeing with it in the same post.

Just because you don't like the things Sharon has done doesn't mean "she's been doing everything in her power to destroy that career" as you claimed. You are confusing the two.
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:42 am

Hey Manny, Thanks. I would have to say his last three albums were not perfect, but "No More Tears" is something I have to agree with you on. It has great songs, and a well rounded production. I think this was the foundation for his newer sound, but nonetheless, I can listen to that whole album without changing a song. That's when you know an album is solid.

Mister Drummer of Phoenix Reign... thanks for the kind words. it has been years since we last battled, but as you recalled it was a draw. because you started crying and I felt bad. That and I had a horrible hair day. I couldn't do anything with it during that fight. Till next time, till we meet again... lol ---- I'm watching you ;^) see you at NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:44 am

Ok, so maybe "career" wasn't the right word. She does know how to make a buck. But look what she's had to do in order to make that happen. For herself.

Nothing you can say will make me like that woman.

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:26 pm

She did save his career and maybe his life only to tune him into a rock music smurf-for-hire. She respects Ozzy's ability to make her cash more then anything.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Ok well I just got done listening to the WHOLE album and I still just like those 2 songs.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Ok well I just got done listening to the WHOLE album and I still just like those 2 songs.

Yeah I'm reading a lot of negative views on this one.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Telmorn Altayon wrote:

Mister Drummer of Phoenix Reign... thanks for the kind words. it has been years since we last battled, but as you recalled it was a draw. because you started crying and I felt bad. That and I had a horrible hair day. I couldn't do anything with it during that fight. Till next time, till we meet again... lol ---- I'm watching you ;^) see you at NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

but wouldnt PRD's makeup run if he was crying???

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:

Yea...But these colors don't run... son!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm a Sabbath-obsessive nerd, and i love Ozzy dearly.. but this is utter crap. I had my doubts after hearing the single (and hating it), so i illegally downloaded the album - with the absolute full intention of purchasing it if i liked it.

My money will be staying in my pocket.

It's Bad. Really, really bad.

What was he thinking?. It's not even a 'rock' album - let alone anything resembling metal. It's a never-ending procession of soft, mid-paced, AOR-wanna be nothing-songs which have been protooled to within an inch of their lives in the faint hope of sounding modern.

I think it's his worst ever album; what was he thinking?

I just finshed his autobiography - it's brilliant. Save your money and buy that instead.
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:

That is makeup? I thought you really looked like that? See I was thinking maybe you had the Joker thing going on from the First Batman... Like you look that and paint on skin color paint. Then Vicki Vail throws water on you and you scream "I'm melting, I'm melting...." but it just turns out to me paint and you are ok, and we can continue watching the movie. See what I did there?

PRD, you don't have to give me that album lol... but anything else come in that I might like? :^)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:39 pm

hahaha
I haven't really gotten anything I think you would like lately. I've kind of been cutting back. Oh wait i got the new Rhapsoday thats pretty good.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Quote :

After the first Ozzfest it went downhill with nu-metal garbage.

It's sad to say but maybe Ozzy would've been better off dying a legend with Randy in that airplane...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:01 pm

The reality show was amusing for a second but ruined his reputation and exposed his incoherent babbling. She made him look like a fool while she made her talentless kids famous (including herself).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:29 am

Telmorn Altayon wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:

That is makeup? I thought you really looked like that? See I was thinking maybe you had the Joker thing going on from the First Batman... Like you look that and paint on skin color paint. Then Vicki Vail throws water on you and you scream "I'm melting, I'm melting...." but it just turns out to me paint and you are ok, and we can continue watching the movie. See what I did there?

PRD, you don't have to give me that album lol... but anything else come in that I might like? :^)

your one cool cat Telmorn Altayon!

I think this may be on swapacd in the not to distant future... in droves.

Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:45 am

exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:

lol Thanks man, life is about having fun and laughing and enjoying people... I say weird stuff because I need to laugh, and I like having a ton of fun with people. Glad I decided to come on here.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:41 am

Telmorn Altayon wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Telmorn Altayon wrote:

lol Thanks man, life is about having fun and laughing and enjoying people... I say weird stuff because I need to laugh, and I like having a ton of fun with people. Glad I decided to come on here.

have as much fun as you want at PRD's expense! I am enjoying it too Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Lol

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 84826

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne names new album....
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next