Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz

Go down 
+16
KissinMaiden
INVADERS
TH Joe
brontotex
journeyman
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
sovdat
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
AchrisK
ghost
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:20 am

I was never truly a big fan of Ozzy or this record when it first came out , but over the years I have really grown to appreciate it. I have been reading the book Randy Rhoads - A Life by David Bene and now have even more of an appreciation of this CD, as well as those early Quiet Riot discs. I'll be majorly reworking my Ozzy and Quiet Riot pages for the next update. Any other fans of the Blizzard of Ozz?

Last edited by on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:31 am

When it came to Sabbath, I always preferred Dio over Ozzy...but in his solo career, Ozzy has released some great stuff. I find most of his catalog to be pretty hit or miss, but BLIZZARD OF OZZ and DIARY OF A MADMAN albums are mandatory in my book, as is NO MORE TEARS. Sadly, TEARS is the last decent album the man has made and thanks to that damn MTV show he's become little more than a punch line since then...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:43 pm

Absolutely. Everything the man had put out up to No More Tears was excellent. AFter that, things got progressively worst. As for the mtv show making him a joke , I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:01 pm

i was never an Ozzy "fan", but i agree with the majority here that everything up to Tears was great. No Rest For The Wicked was my personal Ozzy fave though.

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:56 pm

I totally agree. I like everything until No More Tears. Where Blizzard of Ozz, Diary Of A Madman and Bark at the Moon are my favorites. Down to Earth was not good at all. I listen to it very, very rare.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:18 pm

I liked Ozzmosis quite a bit.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:19 pm

I seem to be "old school" to the point of being closed minded in regard to some things (Metallica, Ozzy, Exodus, others), or maybe it's just my taste.

I love both Blizzard and Diary, and really never loved anything after that. In fact the only other one I have really heard is Bark at the Moon.

ack
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:55 pm

all of Ozzy's albums are awsome ! don't have one which i hate. Blizzard is almsot best of them.
Ozzy Osbourne EU Tour 2007 - 26.06.07 - Prague, im going, got ticket, can't wait, take with me camcorder and dictaphone. hope gonna record whole show. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:59 pm

Worst Ozzy? "Undercover" for sure. GAK!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Well for me, I have been a huge Ozzy fan for a long time. There are albums I don't like suck as No Rest for the Wicked, but there were a few excellent songs on it. Every album after was the same way. A few great songs but nothing that kept him as the "Prince of Darkness". My personal favorite is Bark At The Moon. It has a lot of soul to me and really pushed himself into the limelight to me. I will always stick up for him and his muci though!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Blizzard is my favorite Ozzy disc next to Bark at the Moon. Hopefully (and probably not) I'll be attending Ozzy gig four days later than Iamrockerfun (together with Megadeth).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well for me, I have been a huge Ozzy fan for a long time. There are albums I don't like suck as No Rest for the Wicked, but there were a few excellent songs on it. Every album after was the same way. A few great songs but nothing that kept him as the "Prince of Darkness". My personal favorite is Bark At The Moon. It has a lot of soul to me and really pushed himself into the limelight to me. I will always stick up for him and his muci though!
what turned you off from "No Rest"?

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:22 pm

"Blizzard" was one of the first 3 cd's I ever purchased. After buying my first cd player (which I still own) in college, I went right to Tower Records and purchased Blizzard of Ozz, Aerosmith's s/t debut and GnR's Appetite for Destruction. Little did I know that this was the start of an on-going obsession. Smile

I too pretty much agree that everything up to and including No More Tears was good. After that, he just wasn't the same.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:29 pm

I love Crazy Train and Revelation Mother Earth.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 am

I am a big Ozzy/Rhoads fan. The first two solo albums were just simply great. I completely lost interest after No More Tears. Ozzy should have never returned from retirement...
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:45 am

I saw that tour. July 1981. Motorhead opened. Great show.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 1:48 am

"Blizzard of Ozz" is classic! I love that CD and I love Randy's guitar work.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:27 am

" Blizzard " is definitely a classic.... i prefer " diary of a madman " though
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:06 am

Mr.Crowley is a crazy song.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:43 pm

flying high again ...
over the mountain, take me across the sky, something in my vision ...
good by to romance, yea goodbye to friends, i see ya ...
shot in the dark, one step away from you ...
im looser im a secret looser ...
it was the ultimate sin ...
spider in the night creeping round the wall ...
i am soo tired soo tired ...
vine is fine but whiskey's quicker, suicide is slow with liquer ...
crazy babies ...

etc.

Ozzy's solo albooms are fantastic, no weak point, aah sorry undercover is crap to trash ... hope that new alboom gonna be metalhead killer
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 4:30 pm

When will the new album be released?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 6:27 pm

A lot of love for Bark I see

I thought there was only 3 good songs on it

I like Diary a tad bit more than Blizzard

Like The Ultimate Sin too

Huge Jake E Lee fan, too bad he was in the shadow of RR
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 6:56 pm

man, I remember when Blizzard first came out in 1981(it was actually made a year earlier but Ozzy couldnt get it released). That album is all anyone played, everwhere we went that was all we heard, it was played almost as much as AC/DC's Back In Black!! and of course, it was mandatory for any rock or metal fan to have an Ozzy t-shirt back then!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:58 pm

I dug the first two discs "Blizzard" and "Diary"... 'Flying High Again' simply rocks great solo.... I always dug 'Suicide Solution'...

I thought they totally screwed Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. When they 're-recorded' their parts for those re-masters... talk about being cheap... daisley and kerslake will never see another royalty again.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 11:26 am

Ozzy's solo albums are more important to me than any Black Sabbath album. He was a part of not only metal metal upringing, but also my youth and teenage years! For almost an entire year I used to wake up to "Killer of Giants", and I also tried to learn that song on my violin!!! Laughing I can still vividly see, hear and smell my old boys room, playing my Atari games, whenever I listen to anything off of No Rest For The Wicked. "Wraith" is still one of my favorite cilt movies, just becasue it made such an impact on he having "Secret Loser" on the soundtrack, and of course in the movie.

Blizzard of Ozz is my favorite today, largely due to one Randy Rhoads. But when I gre up, The Ultimate Sin was my favorite. Kinda strange, as Ozzy himself hates it!

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz   Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne - the Blizzard of Ozz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next