Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne names new album....

Go down 
+46
Jesusandmetal23
A Handful of Wayne
Telmorn Altayon
Temple of Blood
MoonChild
krokus
Planchaaaa
thejokeriv
Rex
Schbopo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wargod
HeavyMetalMerchant
MetalRob331
Zdan
Tur-Thalion
XYZ
SuprimuS
Thrasher_Mike
tohostudios
akeldama
Mglaffas81
iamrockerfun
MEGATRON
Metal Misfit
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
mc666
7thSaviour
GrandNational
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
nevermore
Lurideath
Eyesore
T-Roy
metalinmyveins
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
Addy
manny
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Troublezone
kmorg
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Hey must be reaching out to the rap-core audience.

thats a horrible thought... ozzy rapping...

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Cant Judge a book by its cover
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:14 am

Addy wrote:

But you can judge Ozzy by his last few releases and age.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:52 am

GrandNational wrote:
Addy wrote:

His last few releases have all been great! At least to me (and quite a few others). To say people don't have taste because you don't like something - is just lame.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:42 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Addy wrote:

His last few releases have all been great! At least to me (and quite a few others). To say people don't have taste because you don't like something - is just lame.

I agree 100%

What does age have to do with anything? Youre never too old to Rock Out, Look at the Stones, Look at the surviving members of Led Zepplin, Queen, etc... They're still doing it and nobodys jumping their ass about age. Age is just the number of birthdays you've had. And like MB said his last few releases have been GREAT!!!! Im not a hardcore diehard Ozzy fan but I dig enough of his stuff to know that I should get the new release even if it was called Compton Driveby Gangsta Rappin love!!!

You wanna hear Ozzy Rap? Heh That's already happened, He did the Rapcore thing maybe yall remember a compilation album called Chef Aid based on the South Park characters. Ozzy is on that album with freakin DMX or Method Man or some Rapper(s)
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm

CAN YOU DIG IT, SOUL SUCKA?
(I wonder what Gus G thinks of the title.)
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 am

Addy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Addy wrote:

I agree 100%

What does age have to do with anything? Youre never too old to Rock Out, Look at the Stones, Look at the surviving members of Led Zepplin, Queen, etc... They're still doing it and nobodys jumping their ass about age. Age is just the number of birthdays you've had. And like MB said his last few releases have been GREAT!!!! Im not a hardcore diehard Ozzy fan but I dig enough of his stuff to know that I should get the new release even if it was called Compton Driveby Gangsta Rappin love!!!

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 201269

I love you bro!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:17 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Addy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Addy wrote:

I agree 100%

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 201269

I love you bro!
get a room

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 am

Lame title and I don't have high-expectation for this one, but I'll probably still get it. Maybe not as a new release, but eventually. I just hope they don't do that stupid card-board, eco-friendly packaging again. I hate that crap. Gimme a regular jewel case.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Let's wait for the content. But the title is indeed dumb
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I would not look for Gus G to write a whole lot...he may write some, but mainly I think Ozzy will stick w/ trusted writers and let Gus write just a little...Gus' main job will be to play.

I think you're right on the money here. Not to take away anything from the guy, but Gus is a hired-hand brought in for some new flash & dazzle. The days of Ozzy sitting down with his guitarist and writing an album died (literally & figuratively) a long time ago.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Quote :
Let's wait for the content.

I agree 200%
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:36 pm

The new album is back to being untitled. Hell hath no fury like an angry internet. Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_lol

You can't say he doesn't listen to his fans.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 am

Most of Ozzy's later albums post-No More Tears (excluding 'Down to Earth') have left me with a rather fowl taste in my mouth. I completely agree with Ozzy about his recent albums sounding "too Black Label" and his decision to kick Zakk out of the band is probably for the best. Zakk has become big in the metal world. He's developed his own style of playing heavy metal music, and while Black Label Society kicks ass, Ozzy's most recent album (Black Rain) literally sounds like a BLS album featuring Ozzy on vocals. The albums have slowly progressed into this style ever since 'Ozzmosis'. I don't want that. I want an Ozzy album. When Zakk played with Ozzy in 'No Rest for the Wicked' and 'No More Tears', these albums sounded like Ozzy albums. Zakk probably felt he had some big shoes to step into by replacing the two talented guitarists that came before him (Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee) and he would not dare to significantly change the sound of Ozzy's music back then. I'm sure he'd be kicked out of the band right away if he ever tried pushing Ozzy to release a 'Black Rain' in 1988. Now that Zakk's well known in the metal world, he probably feelt that he had the freedom to change and experiment with Ozzy's sound if he wished, but he needs to remember who it is that's in charge of the band.

I'm hoping that the addition of Gus G will bring Ozzy back to his heavy metal roots. It's why Ozzy picked Gus and sacked Zakk. I have a strong feeling that the new album will not disappoint myself and other fans of Ozzy's earlier solo albums. I didn't think Ozzy would end up titling his new album 'Soul Sucka' and I'm glad to hear that he chose not to. 'Soul Sucker Sabbath' would make a better title. It would make far more sense too. An attack at Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. Geezer's been saying bad things about Ozzy, Tony's been sued by Ozzy. We all know that Ozzy is wanting to top his former band mates' (Black Sabbath) recent success with their new cleverly titled album 'The Devil You Know'. They're at eachother's throats, they'll never play together as Black Sabbath again, so why not go all the way??? Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_wink

Last edited by MEGATRON on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:47 pm

yes after reading most of your replies i agree with yall.
wait and see.
Soul Sucka as name of album sux cos its sound like rap hip hop album not for Ozzy album.
time will show us in the future if it was good or bad.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
The new album is back to being untitled. Hell hath no fury like an angry internet. Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_lol

Good call there, Ozzy! He's hired Gus G and he's changed his mind on the album title! Maybe there's hope for him yet! Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:48 am

Yeah, I'm glad he changed the name of the album. that was pretty lame. I'd still buy it blind though.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 am

I thought it was a funny title maybe he was trying to be funny

Post No More Tears his best IMO is Ozzmosis, Down to Earth would be second, Black Rain is ok but IMO not on the caliber of the 2 I just mentioned
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Most of Ozzy's later albums post-No More Tears (excluding 'Down to Earth') have left me with a rather fowl taste in my mouth. I completely agree with Ozzy about his recent albums sounding "too Black Label" and his decision to kick Zakk out of the band is probably for the best. Zakk has become big in the metal world. He's developed his own style of playing heavy metal music, and while Black Label Society kicks ass, Ozzy's most recent album (Black Rain) literally sounds like a BLS album featuring Ozzy on vocals. The albums have slowly progressed into this style ever since 'Ozzmosis'. I don't want that. I want an Ozzy album. When Zakk played with Ozzy in 'No Rest for the Wicked' and 'No More Tears', these albums sounded like Ozzy albums. Zakk probably felt he had some big shoes to step into by replacing the two talented guitarists that came before him (Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee) and he would not dare to significantly change the sound of Ozzy's music back then. I'm sure he'd be kicked out of the band right away if he ever tried pushing Ozzy to release a 'Black Rain' in 1988. Now that Zakk's well known in the metal world, he probably feelt that he had the freedom to change and experiment with Ozzy's sound if he wished, but he needs to remember who it is that's in charge of the band.

I'm hoping that the addition of Gus G will bring Ozzy back to his heavy metal roots. It's why Ozzy picked Gus and sacked Zakk. I have a strong feeling that the new album will not disappoint myself and other fans of Ozzy's earlier solo albums. I didn't think Ozzy would end up titling his new album 'Soul Sucka' and I'm glad to hear that he chose not to. 'Soul Sucker Sabbath' would make a better title. It would make far more sense too. An attack at Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. Geezer's been saying bad things about Ozzy, Tony's been sued by Ozzy. We all know that Ozzy is wanting to top his former band mates' (Black Sabbath) recent success with their new cleverly titled album 'The Devil You Know'. They're at eachother's throats, they'll never play together as Black Sabbath again, so why not go all the way??? Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_wink

I think you give Ozzy too much credit. He is no longer in control of anything concerning his career. It is all Sharon's work. My guess is that Zakk wanted more money, and we all know how fond Sharon is of shareing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 am

I think this excites me more

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133936

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:50 pm

good good. like it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to a new Ozzy Osbourne album!

His last album, "Black Rain" RULES!!!

Definitely one of my most-looked-forward to albums of 2010.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:05 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Good call there, Ozzy! He's hired Gus G and he's changed his mind on the album title! Maybe there's hope for him yet! Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 778825

I am not sure of that. It would surprise me if its a home run album. I too think Ozzy's best years are behind him. It is positive sign though that he finally came to conclusion that the album title was beyond silly. Now if only he hadnt put himself through the embarassment.

MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 am

kmorg wrote:
I think you give Ozzy too much credit. He is no longer in control of anything concerning his career. It is all Sharon's work. My guess is that Zakk wanted more money, and we all know how fond Sharon is of shareing.

I doubt it had anything to do with money. Zakk has said that he's "a phone call away" if Ozzy ever wanted him back in the band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 am

Looks like Ozzy got the message that his new album title "sucked".

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 1ptrans OZZY OSBOURNE Scraps Album Title, Says OZZFEST Will Return This Summer - Jan. 22, 2010

Ozzy Osbourne has scrapped "Soul Sucka" as the working title of his new solo album. "When we put that on the Internet none of my fan base liked the title," Osbourne tells RollingStone.com. "They were like, 'I can't imagine me walking around the smurfing house with the words 'Soul Sucka' on my T-shirt.' So I was like, 'Smurf it. I've got to come up with something else!'" The now-untitled set is due out in July, the same month Osbourne says that Ozzfest will return after a one-year break. "After Ozzfest I'm doing the most extensive tour of my life," he says. "It'll be something like, 3,025 dates."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne names new album....
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next