Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)

Go down 
+9
iamrockerfun
akeldama
James B.
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Ben Grimm
manny
Lurideath
krokus
13 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Empty
PostSubject: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:03 pm

I always thought this album sucked (at least some songs i listen) but finaly after many years, i checked it out better (buying the cd). After listening to the album to my surprise i found some cool songs like the single GETS ME THROUGH (nice video clip), FACING HELL (best song on this cd together with THAT I NEVER HAD), NO EASY WAY OUT, and the ballads RUNNING OUT OF TIME and the second single (and again they did a nice video clip) DREAMER.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS ALBUM. I think its better then BLACK RAIN or their last album. I like it as much as OZZMOSIS (never been my fave OZZY but still good).
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:20 pm

I liked it! Overall I thought it was a great album. Could it have been better? YES! But for the quality of what was dealt with it was a good album. I cannot stand Zakk Wylde but he didn't do anything except play solo's on this album. It is better than the few releases prior.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:13 pm

I like the album and think it is a way better then reputation it has earned, the songs are solid and the Ozzy sounds great, nowhere near his best album but very good.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm

A couple of good songs but it mostly sucked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:47 pm

I'll have to break this one out again and give it a fresh spin this week. I don't recall anything that special about it when it was new.

Honestly, I haven't been overwhelmed with any Ozzy album since No More Tears. There's been some good songs since then and ok albums, but NMT is that last full album that I really enjoyed from beginning to end.

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:21 pm

I've never heard it.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 am

I liked it since it was new. Sure, there have been a steady decline since No More Tears, but that doesn't make any of the albums bad.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 am

When Jake split, so did I. For what it's worth...the first 2 things with Zakk had their moments.

I have seen this cd alot in used bins for cheap and STILL can't get myself to buy it. I know what I will do....Petition Sharon and get her to re-record all the OZZY stuff after Ultimate Sin with Jake on guitar and Tommy on drums, oh yeah that lyric writer who voluntarily bends himself over album after album can play the bass.

my .02 and beyond

laterz

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:54 am

I went and checked out the vid for "gets me through" and remembered why this held no interest to me. That downtuned sound with no groove or flow, yeah that's it.

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 am

James B. wrote:
When Jake split, so did I. For what it's worth...the first 2 things with Zakk had their moments.

Yep, that's exactly how I feel as well.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:39 am

I like a few songs on the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

I agree with many here, after NMT's it's been very hit and miss, mostly miss. DtE had like three good songs.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 am

So how much did Dave Grohl have to do with DTE if anything at all?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:25 pm

simply love it. still when i listen DtE i see The Osbournes.
but it's not better than Black Rain.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:35 pm

akeldama wrote:

As far as I know nothing at all

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 pm

My son gave me this CD for my birthday shortly after it was released. I've always liked it, always defended it. I actually saw Ozzy on this tour at the Budokan in Japan. Also, I like it better than Black Rain too. However, I am enjoying Scream.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Addy wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Originally he worked with Ozzy and who ever was the producer to co write a bunch of songs with Ozzy, but none where ever used for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:24 pm

You learn something new everyday......hehe I know Dave's workin on a new Foo Fighters Album its supposed to be the heaviest one yet
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:09 am

manny wrote:
Addy wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Originally he worked with Ozzy and who ever was the producer to co write a bunch of songs with Ozzy, but none where ever used for one reason or another.

I remember reading an interview with Zakk around the time of that album and he was pretty pissed that the record company was bringing in "that guy from the f**king Foo Fighters to write an Ozzy album". He had some very harsh things to say about it. I think it was around that time when Zakk took a bunch of songs that he wrote with Ozzy in mind and ended up using them for the 1919 Eternal Black Label album.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

I think Ozzmosis was better.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:55 am

I saw this album a few days ago but never really bothered to check it out.

I guess I will still buy it before it disappears and becomes an out of print collector's item.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:53 pm

I got the album. Solid one.
Gets me through is a great song.
gotta love ozzy!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)   OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH (your opinion)
Page 1 of 1