Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Osbourne names new album....

Go down 
+46
Jesusandmetal23
A Handful of Wayne
Telmorn Altayon
Temple of Blood
MoonChild
krokus
Planchaaaa
thejokeriv
Rex
Schbopo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wargod
HeavyMetalMerchant
MetalRob331
Zdan
Tur-Thalion
XYZ
SuprimuS
Thrasher_Mike
tohostudios
akeldama
Mglaffas81
iamrockerfun
MEGATRON
Metal Misfit
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
mc666
7thSaviour
GrandNational
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
nevermore
Lurideath
Eyesore
T-Roy
metalinmyveins
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
Addy
manny
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Troublezone
kmorg
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm

I got it today 7.99 at best buy

Ive listened to like the first 3 songs and I am loving it so far
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:35 pm

I got the shirt package on bestbuy. It came with an XL shirt, I use small and medium shirts Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 308838 .

So far it sounds very modern metal, Lest's see how it holds up in the next days.

Just by listening the song number 3, it reminds me of the industrial metal band ORGY
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I was in Best Buy the other night and I held the new Ozzy and the new Vince Neil discs in my hands. Both were $7.99. I decided to go with Tattoos & Tequila.

I think I made the right choice. I expect the new Ozzy to be showing up in the used bins in about a month.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

Interesting interview from Guitar World:

Guitar World: Was there any material [on "Scream"] left over from [2007's] "Black Rain" that Zakk [Wylde, former Ozzy Osbourneguitarist] had worked on?
Ozzy: No. Zakk came in at the beginning of the new one, but he was still drinking. When you're drunk and somebody else is drinking, it's okay, but when you're sober and somebody's blabbering away in your ear, it ain't. I mean, Zakk's a great player and I love him. I love his playing. But in the end, it came to the point that I had to get another guitarist. Not because I fell out with Zakk, but it was hard for me to be around someone who is actively drinking. I heard he's not drinking anymore. I don't know if that's true or not.
Guitar World: How are things between you and Zakk?
Ozzy: I would never slag the guy off. We're good friends, and we're like family. I feel that the whole thing was partly my fault, because Zakk was doing his own band, his own tours and helping me out when he got back. On the last tour he was with his band opening the show and my band closing the show, and that's really hard. So I'd been thinking of getting a replacement for a while, but I was procrastinating.
Guitar World: In one interview you said your band was beginning to sound like Black Label Society.
Ozzy: Very much so! But that's not a surprise because Zakk is Black Label. I love his playing; he's one of the greats. But it was the drink getting the better of him. I couldn't watch him die. In one sick respect, it was good for me to see, because that's what I was like, and worse. Believe me, if I started drinking now you'd think, "Fuck, this is bollocks! I've got to get out of here." That's how I felt around Zakk toward the end.
Guitar World: What made you pick Gus?
Ozzy: There was something about him that shone for me. He's a great player, and I'm looking forward to recording something from scratch with him, because most of the groundwork was done on the album by the time he arrived. There's a part of Gus that I don't know. I've never worked with him full time on the road. I've done a couple of gigs with him in Los Angeles for a charity thing. When you work and live with someone on the road, you always find out some weird smurf poo about them.
Guitar World: How are Gus and Zakk different?
Ozzy: They're worlds apart! Zakk is established and successful in his own right. I said to Gus, "You've got big shoes to fill." I really hope the fans give him a chance and remember that Zakk was like Gus at one point he was a new boy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Hopefully we won't have to wait 6 or 7 years for Gus to lay down something original with him. I'm sure ANOTHER live album is coming next year though to document this tour. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:31 pm

I've been listening to this for awhile now. What a joke of an album. I have waited forever for him to get rid of the guy I strongly dislike and he releases this crap? Anyone could have done better! There is no life to the music what-so-ever and every song is a filler. This is the kind of album bands release when they are trying to get out of their contract.

I am strongly disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Gus may be new to many but he's already done a ton of music better then this album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 pm

I've been giving this new album some spins and it's just not doing much for me. I put it on and it's been fading into just background noise. This makes me sad.

I had pretty low expectations for this album and sadly even those aren't being met. I just can't get over the mental block that this album isn't much different than any other disposable pop album.

Hire pro songwriters and producers to do all of the work, singer lays down a few vocals that are then layered, tweaked, twisted and given a high gloss shine with Protools.

While I'm not really familiar with his work in Firewind or any of his other bands, I gotta belive that Gus G took this gig simply for the noteriety it will bring. He's better than this.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 pm

I find i like Scream much better than I do Black Rain
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 am

Now that the newness factor has worn off, I think the majority of the album is crap. It could have been a lot better. The only really good songs are 'Life Won't Wait' and 'Time'.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 am

Lurideath wrote:
I've been listening to this for awhile now. What a joke of an album. I have waited forever for him to get rid of the guy I strongly dislike and he releases this crap? Anyone could have done better! There is no life to the music what-so-ever and every song is a filler. This is the kind of album bands release when they are trying to get out of their contract.

I am strongly disappointed.

Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 200248
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 am

Life Won't Wait is the only song i think is decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 am

I still haven't heard it and don't intend to.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:38 am

Listened to it again today, and I quite like it! I agree that this is a studio prouduct, to the T. And giving Zakk the boot is ridiculous, as it is the producer who writes Ozzy's songs and creates his sound.

But when I look past all this, there are actually some choice cuts here. The heavier songs are the best.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 am

I saw the video for the title track on VH1 Classic about a week ago. The song was OK, but nothing that is gonna make me run right out 'n' buy the CD.

The video was ridiculously cheesy tho. Ozzy's head on a robot spider, or some such nonsense...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 am

I got mine as a free promo copy and as mentioned, had low expectations to begin with, so no harm, no foul there. But if I had bought it as a new release, I'd be pretty disappointed with it.

I'm sure I'll go back and revisit it again in 6 months or so and who knows, maybe something will grab my attention. But for now, it's getting shelved. I've got other, better stuff to occupy my time.

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 am

I've listened to samples a few times to see if something grabs me and Life Won't Wait is the only listenable song to me. It seems just totally dialed in.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:46 am

Just wait for the "tour edition" Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes :

Quote :
On October 5, Epic Records will release an expanded two-CD version of OZZY OSBOURNE's "Scream" album. This "Tour Edition" package will feature seven bonus songs:previously unreleased tracks and live recordings. Three of the songs — "One More Time" and "Jump The Moon", plus the never-before-released "Hand of The Enemy" — are from the "Scream" sessions. The other four songs are live tracks — "Bark at the Moon", "Let Me Hear You Scream" and "No More Tears", as well as the BLACK SABBATH nugget "Fairies Wear Boots" — that were recorded this year in Folkestone and Birmingham in the U.K. The package will also contain video content including the Jonas Åkerlund-directed video for "Let Me Hear You Scream" and behind-the-scenes footage from the set of the video, along with footage documenting the making of the "Scream" album.

Epic will also issue a four-sided vinyl edition that includes five bonus tracks: the three aforementioned songs from the "Scream" sessions and the live version of "Let Me Hear You Scream", along with the single version of "Life Won't Wait" (the second single from "Scream").

The track listing for the U.S. expanded version/tour edition is as follows:

01. Let It Die
02. Let Me Hear You Scream
03. Soul Sucker
04. Life Won't Wait
05. Diggin' Me Down
06. Crucify
07. Fearless
08. Time
09. I Want It More
10. Latimer's Mercy
11. I Love You All

The BONUS CD:

01. Hand of the Enemy
02. One More Time
03. Jump The Moon
04. Bark At The Moon (Live)
05. Let Me Hear You Scream (Live)
06. No More Tears (Live)
07. Fairies Wear Boots (Live)

* "Let Me Hear You Scream" video
* Making of "Let Me Hear You Scream" video
* Making of the album "Scream"

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 am

I'm sure the "live" cuts will be just as doctored as the studio album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 pm

I've heard about 4 or 5 songs from Scream and it did not make me want to hear the rest of it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Just wait for the "tour edition" Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_rolleyes :

Quote :
On October 5, Epic Records will release an expanded two-CD version of OZZY OSBOURNE's "Scream" album. This "Tour Edition" package will feature seven bonus songs:previously unreleased tracks and live recordings. Three of the songs — "One More Time" and "Jump The Moon", plus the never-before-released "Hand of The Enemy" — are from the "Scream" sessions. The other four songs are live tracks — "Bark at the Moon", "Let Me Hear You Scream" and "No More Tears", as well as the BLACK SABBATH nugget "Fairies Wear Boots" — that were recorded this year in Folkestone and Birmingham in the U.K. The package will also contain video content including the Jonas Åkerlund-directed video for "Let Me Hear You Scream" and behind-the-scenes footage from the set of the video, along with footage documenting the making of the "Scream" album.

Epic will also issue a four-sided vinyl edition that includes five bonus tracks: the three aforementioned songs from the "Scream" sessions and the live version of "Let Me Hear You Scream", along with the single version of "Life Won't Wait" (the second single from "Scream").

The track listing for the U.S. expanded version/tour edition is as follows:

01. Let It Die
02. Let Me Hear You Scream
03. Soul Sucker
04. Life Won't Wait
05. Diggin' Me Down
06. Crucify
07. Fearless
08. Time
09. I Want It More
10. Latimer's Mercy
11. I Love You All

The BONUS CD:

01. Hand of the Enemy
02. One More Time
03. Jump The Moon
04. Bark At The Moon (Live)
05. Let Me Hear You Scream (Live)
06. No More Tears (Live)
07. Fairies Wear Boots (Live)

* "Let Me Hear You Scream" video
* Making of "Let Me Hear You Scream" video
* Making of the album "Scream"

I am sick of record labels doing this bullsh!t, the album has only been out a couple of months!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 pm

opinion greedy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 am

So many contradictory reviews.

Should i buy it?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 am

Gilbert wrote:

So many contradictory reviews.

Should i buy it?

Depends on how big of a fan you are, I guess. If you're buying it just because it's Ozzy and you're a fan-boy, then go ahead. You'll probably find something to like about it. I however think there was so much better music released this year from other artists that you could spend your hard earned sheckles on before this one.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 am

There is just far too much music I want that is new that this album won't be purchased until I find it very, very cheap somewhere. I heard the whole album on-line and it was ok, but not great IMO. I still want to get the new Dark Angel, Flots, Heathen, Forbidden, Heart, etc., etc., etc.

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne names new album....   Ozzy Osbourne names new album.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne names new album....
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next