Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOKKEN

Go down 
+49
brokentulsa
nevermore
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Arjun_M
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
DeathCult
Mujer Serene
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
onrypt
bassman
James B.
speed101
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Rex
Tall Tyrion
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Getizzyback
MetalFRO
the sentinel
7thSaviour
stepcousin
metalken
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
Lari
thejokeriv
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 8:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-classic-dokken-lineup-to-reunite-for-six-shows-in-japan/

It's official... the original Dokken lineup (Don, George, Jeff and Mick) will play six shows in Japan this Fall, tho there are no plans for further gigs anywhere else in the world.

...in other words, they drove a dump truck full of yen up to Don's front door. Laughing very hard

Of course!! But you know someone will dump more money in their laps to do an American tour.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:41 am

maybe they could get the original great white guys back together and the original L.A. Guns guys back together and they could tour with them.. happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 10:24 pm

On Halloween night in 1987 Aerosmith came to town with Dokken and the Sentinel was too young to attend. That's the closest I have ever got to seeing the "classic" Dokken line up. I would love to se this except I don't live in Japan.

Last edited by the sentinel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 10:36 pm

http://sleazeroxx.com/all-about-the-money-don-dokken-essentially-doing-reunion-shows-in-japan-for-big-payday/

Don's a bit delusional here when he says that George and Jeff will make more money ina week than they would in a year!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:01 am

I love how Don couldn't resist getting this dig in at George's current gig:

"George is out, you know, playing the bars with LYNCH MOB"

Ooooohhh BURN! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 pm

the sentinel wrote:
http://sleazeroxx.com/all-about-the-money-don-dokken-essentially-doing-reunion-shows-in-japan-for-big-payday/

Don's a bit delusional here when he says that George and Jeff will make more money ina week than they would in a year!

No I am sure he is right they are getting paid a crazy amount of money to do these six gigs
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 am

It's official. The 'Unleashed in the East' tour is a go. All 4 original members, 6 shows in Japan only.

Quote :
DOKKEN will launch the tour on October 5 in Osaka, Japan, before heading to Fukuoka, Tokyo for an appearance at the Loud Park festival and continuing on to Hiroshima, Aichi and finally, back to Tokyo for the final show on October 12.

Tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime event, as well as VIP-package experiences, will be on sale beginning August 27. This will be the one and only opportunity for fans to see the classic lineup play its iconic hits.

"Unleashed In The East" tour dates:

Oct. 05 - Osaka, Japan - Namba Hatch
Oct. 06 - Fukuoka, Japan - Fukuoaka Civic Hall
Oct. 08 - Tokyo, Japan - Loud Park
Oct. 10 - Hiroshima, Japan - Blue Live
Oct. 11 - Aichi, Japan - Zepp Nagoya
Oct. 12 - Tokyo, Japan - Zepp Divercity

I have to say I find it oddly delightful that Don is straight upfront and saying they are only doing it for the money. You don't get that kind of honesty much anymore.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 12:11 pm

At least he is honest.

A minor coincidence that I took my Back for the Attack CD with me in the car today. Somehow I just woke up feeling like listening to some Dokken. 6 o'clock on a Wednesday morning.

DOKKEN - Page 11 163051-Yes-Today-Is-Hump-Day
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:43 pm

DOKKEN - Page 11 13872784_477825605754814_2510497623025991823_n
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 9:53 pm

I really hope they are recording these as it would be a fantastic companion piece to "Beast" and the only way I get to see is.

Off the cuff thought- any HoM members actually in Japan? I get the feeling we are mostly USA and Europe.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 4:17 pm

I'll be elsewhere in East Asia in September, but unfortunately will have to miss these shows. If I was based in Korea in October I would definitely hop over to Japan to be at every single one of them!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:18 pm

I really hope they film these shows.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 6:23 am

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Since flying to Japan is out of the question, a film of the show would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:05 am

Whether they admit it or not, they were completely destroying their lives with drugs and alcohol. You know, masses of cocaine and swigging bottles of wine every hour and violence and I couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t watch the rest of the guys implode ’cause I knew that if I did not escape, I would be sucked into the black hole so I had to leave. I had to leave.

They have aged...just like GNR....like RATT and everyone else back then...
but money talks...and someone wealthy has plenty of it to toss about.
Interesting...that Dokken wants no part of other rock concert festivals.
I suppose it ia a head-ache being on the road in your 50's.

They were a great opening act - for big bands - that's for sure.

Last edited by Glower on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Unless the festival is a Wacken or some big European festivals or Ozzfest, Lollapollza, its probably not worth the headache to put up with ego maniac guitar player, your primadonna singer and drunken fans wanting to take your pic everytime you go to take a leak.

My understanding is that all the Dokken guys held on their money, and more importantly their publishing and did not blow it all. So easy for Dokken to say no if its not huge pile of money, also he probably threw some silly ass number thinking nobody would be foolish enough to agree to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:09 am

manny wrote:
Unless the festival is a Wacken or some big European festivals or Ozzfest, Lollapollza, its probably not worth the headache to put up with ego maniac guitar player, your primadonna singer and drunken fans wanting to take your pic everytime you go to take a leak.

Full reunion or not, Dokken in 2016 ain't pulling in enough interest in the States for a full tour. They'd be playing to half empty theaters. A handful of shows at European festivals is their best bet.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Quote :
he probably threw some silly ass number thinking nobody would be foolish enough to agree to it.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. In one of those recent interviews Don sez that for years 'n' years, whenever some promoter asked him "How much money would it take to get the classic Dokken lineup back together?" he'd throw out some ridiculously huge-ass number, and they'd always say "That's too much, forget it."

He didn't specify what that amount was, but it was his standard answer for a long time...until finally in 2016 when this Japanese festival finally agreed to pay it.

...I actually kinda wonder what his reaction was when they said "OK, you got it." Did Don go "WOOHOO! Big pay day!" or did he go, "Awwww, sh*t. I didn't think anybody was seriously gonna take me up on that. Now I gotta call George. F***!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
he probably threw some silly ass number thinking nobody would be foolish enough to agree to it.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. In one of those recent interviews Don sez that for years 'n' years, whenever some promoter asked him "How much money would it take to get the classic Dokken lineup back together?" he'd throw out some ridiculously huge-ass number, and they'd always say "That's too much, forget it."

That's a similiar story of how the Rolling Stones sold the rights to 'Start Me Up' to Bill Gates for the launch of Windows 95. Remember this commercial?

As the story goes, Microsoft approached Mick and Keef about using their song. They jokingingly replied, "Yea, sure. For $3 million dollars!!!" [extend your pinky finger to mouth for the full effect]. Bill said "Sure", whipped out his checkbook and the rest is history.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Full reunion or not, Dokken in 2016 ain't pulling in enough interest in the States for a full tour. They'd be playing to half empty theaters. A handful of shows at European festivals is their best bet.

Also very true, Dokken can tour with his own version of the band, because Dokken releases new music for hard core fans and their days of touring arenas, no matter which line up is all the rearview mirror.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

http://sleazeroxx.com/dokkens-classic-line-up-to-play-only-one-show-in-the-usa/

..and it's at Ron Keel's Pawn shop. I shit you not.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 12:50 pm

There will be a live album and a DVD as well including at least 1 new song from the Japan Shows... headbanger

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-09-21/interview-dokkens-george-lynch-on-the-bands-complicated-reunion
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 4:22 am

Good. New dokken material finally.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 10:12 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
There will be a live album and a DVD as well including at least 1 new song from the Japan Shows... headbanger

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-09-21/interview-dokkens-george-lynch-on-the-bands-complicated-reunion

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 4:34 pm

First re-union photo
DOKKEN - Page 11 CtRwVyvXgAA2Y1T

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 9:31 am

Anyone remember this:

Laughed my ass off first time I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DOKKEN - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOKKEN
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next