Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOKKEN

Go down 
+49
brokentulsa
nevermore
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Arjun_M
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
DeathCult
Mujer Serene
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
onrypt
bassman
James B.
speed101
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Rex
Tall Tyrion
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Getizzyback
MetalFRO
the sentinel
7thSaviour
stepcousin
metalken
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
Lari
thejokeriv
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Of course.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 12:16 pm

There isn't any information on this, but in ten days Rock Candy records will be releasing a two disc remaster of "Beast From the East". which consists of the full show (17 tracks).

http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/upcoming
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 12:29 pm

I should pick that up. I don't own the album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 3:51 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
There isn't any information on this, but in ten days Rock Candy records will be releasing a two disc remaster of "Beast From the East". which consists of the full show (17 tracks).

Yes! I emailed them about this over a year ago and they said they would look into releasing the whole show.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 pm

I ordered the dokken original classics series a couple of days ago from amazon. Need to expand my dokken collection.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Yes!  I emailed them about this over a year ago and they said they would look into releasing the whole show.  

Nice! I've purchased a few Rock Candy Remasters Riot: Narita, DIO: Holy Diver, RATT: Out of the Cellar/Invasion of Your Privacy/Dancing Undercover, Winger: Winger/In the Heart of The Young, Streets: 1st, John Waite: Ignition, Mr. Mister: Welcome to the Real World, Rick Springfield: Living In Oz. I think they do a fairly nice job.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 pm

I have a copy of Dokkens breaking the chains and tooth and nail on rock candy as well as original cd releases from the 80s... I really like the rock candy version of breaking the chains but prefer the original of tooth and nail... to me it sounds much more raw than the cleaned up rock candy version..I am more interested in the upcoming rock candy version of Jetboy's feel the shake... I see they are also releasing stone fury..I have an original copy of that right now that I put on ebay...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 am

I didn't want to start a new thread because while this is a new release it's a live album

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread because while this is a new release it's a live album

I saw this yesterday and not that this is any surprise, but Don Dokken sounds awful!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm

I will obviously grab this because I am a Dokken fan boy, but, yeah, Don is sounding worse and worse every year unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Well it is good to have some new Dokken material. I will probably get it.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 1:30 am

Sounds terrible. That is made even worse by the fact that this is obviously touched up, as Don sounded unlistenable during the actual shows on the Japan tour. The chorus on the new song sounds incredibly boring as well...it would have been one of the more unmemorable tracks had it appeared on Lightning Strikes Again or Broken Bones.

I'll listen to it at least once, but it's sad this is all the reunion came to. Had it happened a decade ago I think they would have been able to deliver a much better product.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 11:20 am

Sad to hear, he needs to learn to drop an octave or something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 11:56 am

Meh. I love Dokken as much as the next fanboy but I own more than enuff live material from them already. Pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Sad to hear, he needs to learn to drop an octave or something.

He did. They've tuned a step down and he's STILL singing an octave below that. It's all he can do. The vocals on that live stuff were definitely redone in the studio as he's in key, he's just singing really low and soft...no "oompf" or push behind any of it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Meh. I'll pass. I have no interest in that whatsoever. Those first 4 or so albums are all I need from this band.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Saw the Reunion in 2016 in South Dakota. It was $50. 3/4 were cool, sounded great, and was totally worth it. I want a $15 refund cuz Don sounded like shit and did not care to be there one bit. Lame, cuz Don could have made it really fantastic. Dick.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 2:47 am

Quote :
Don sounded like shit and did not care to be there one bit

Exactly, you could tell even from the interviews they did together that he did not want to be there. I don't care about him singing an octave lower. The songs still sound good to me when the current Dokken lineup does them. However, for the reunion shows Don sounded like he put absolutely zero effort into the shows. A quick youtube adventure reveals that a few months prior he had gained a good amount of his vibrato back. That quickly disappeared during the reunion shows. And now he's back to sounding semi-decent again.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

I am still amazed at how much animosity still exists between Don and George. Sad, really.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 4:39 pm

It wasn't just Don...all the footage I saw of the SD show saw George playing most of the show with his back to the crowd...even during solos.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It wasn't just Don...all the footage I saw of the SD show saw George playing most of the show with his back to the crowd...even during solos.

What?? Why would anyone do that? Doesn't make sense to me. The fans are paying to see you play not to see you turn your back on them. I'll have to look for some of that footage it has me curious now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 pm

I am a huge Dokken fan, his voice is different, but the man is in his 60's and has been playing performing for over three decades. At times he sounds decent, but on this show, not so much.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I am seeing Lynch Mob in a few weeks, I really hope he doesn't do that. Hopefully it was just the reunion stuff and the idea of the negativity between him and DD.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am

I'm guessing it will be different, Lynch likes the guys in the Mob.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 6:12 am

Here's the video for In My Dreams. If anyone had any doubt about the vocal overdubs, skip ahead to about 1:39 Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DOKKEN - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOKKEN
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next