Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adam Lambert (American Idol)

Go down 
+22
QuothTheRaven
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Svengo
MetalFRO
Schbopo
MetalH
Rex
ultmetal
TheDoctor'sScarf
sam
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Addy
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
manny
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Hey Rob, I'm a fan too. I was blown away by his version of Play That Funky Music. One thing that really helps all the contestants out though is Ricky Minor and the band! The dude who plays guitar is freakin' awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I can't stand this show and think it's all that's wrong with the music industry right now. We don't want charismatic singer, good songwriters, or artists, we want pop clones. If some of the best singers of all time were to be on that show they probably wouldn't make it through the tryouts.

Because they had real talent not this radio disney pop garbage.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I enjoyed his Ring of Fire bastardization. The dude can certainly sing really good, no doubt about that, but perhaps you're giving him a little too much credit. He's no Mark Farner.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I enjoyed his Ring of Fire bastardization. The dude can certainly sing really good, no doubt about that, but perhaps you're giving him a little too much credit. He's no Mark Farner.

Wayyy too much credit!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 am

I'm giving him credit for being a standout AI freak. He doesn't belong on this show and its a shame as to what Idol might do to him if he wins.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I'm giving him credit for being a standout AI freak. He doesn't belong on this show and its a shame as to what Idol might do to him if he wins.

I don't care what people think when I say when it's on, I'll watch it. I personally like making fun of Paula Abdul, trying to figure out what she's hyped on this week.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I don't care what people think when I say when it's on, I'll watch it. I personally like making fun of Paula Abdul, trying to figure out what she's hyped on this week.

Whats with all those pauses after ever 2 words?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Whats with all those pauses after ever 2 words?

Probably trying to keep from hiccuping from all the vodka she downs before the show.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Laughing very hard that or Simon has his fingers up her skirt.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:07 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Evy I was blown away by it. It was so mellow and for being 2 mins really left me wanting to hear it over and over again. His acoustic take for me and the way he sung the lyrics and gave it an almost different melody made the song better then the original, which wasn't a bad song in the first place.

I think you have a man crush on Adam.

Laughing very hard i was waiting for a comment like this. The kid has an amazing voice and his arrangements could all be radio hits right now. I stick by artists and musicicans I like regardless what others think. Look at the songs he did. All his arrangements were better then the original in my opinion. He made me like the song Satisfaction fron The Stones. His version of Black n White was killer heavy. His take on Ring of Fire blew away Cash's, and now he did Tracks of my Tears which is a song I could listen to forever. So yea I think Adam is awesome. We already know this.

I agree w/ all your statements about his takes, except for the "Ring of Fire" one. LOVED the arrangement, but he just did a take on someone else's "Indian" interpretation of the song. Granted, he added his own flair, and his helium-inspired vocals definitely made it his own, but it wasn't as original as some were saying. Still, KILLER version of the song.

I am an Adam Lambert fan, and I've been voting for him week by week. I'm excited to hear what he's going to do tonight. They totally need to do an 80's week so he can take some hair band & do a rockin' cover of something awesome from the 80's hair metal era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Another stellar performance from Adam tonight, and Simon gave him a "standing O", which shocked me!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 pm

What the hell song was Adam doing tonight? It didn't sound familiar to me at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Incredible, it seems that on a metal board Adam 'Tiger Beat' Lambert has developed a following, now gentlemen the real test will be, if you will be willing to lay down cold hard cash for his industry approved debut album when it is released.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 pm

manny wrote:
the real test will be, if you will be willing to lay down cold hard cash for his industry approved debut album when it is released.

Sheeeeeeit NO!

As I said previously, I end up watching "Idol" via osmosis cuz my lovely spouse is an "Idol" addict and I'm too lazy to go watch anything else on the upstairs TV.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Okay I just despise American Idol but while flipping channels tonight what do I hear but somebody singing one of the best pop tunes of the early '80s, Mad World. I have to say that it was an excellent performance and I liked the arrangement, it was reminiscent of the cover version of the song that was featured in the movie soundtrack to Donnie Darko.

The tune is a Tears for Fears song off The Hurting album which I think is one of the best pop albums of the '80s. I don't know how many people on this board might have heard this album or even might give it a chance but it's a pretty great emotional record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

I finally heard this kid. He has a STRONG voice. If he recorded a strong AOR album, I'd buy, but he'll record pure sh!t, so I will pass.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I finally heard this kid. He has a STRONG voice. If he recorded a strong AOR album, I'd buy, but he'll record pure sh!t, so I will pass.

Strong voice indeed and I hope he doesn't make this pop record. His personality suggests he does things his way but the indusrty will have him by the balls.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 am

detuned wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I'm surprised anyone here watches this show.

I have never watched a single episode...and I never will.

Same here, Ive seen clips but that was about it. If they didnt all end up being clones in the end and did something interesting, I might actually be inclined to check it out, but I dont see that happening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 am

Svengo wrote:
Okay I just despise American Idol but while flipping channels tonight what do I hear but somebody singing one of the best pop tunes of the early '80s, Mad World. I have to say that it was an excellent performance and I liked the arrangement, it was reminiscent of the cover version of the song that was featured in the movie soundtrack to Donnie Darko.

The tune is a Tears for Fears song off The Hurting album which I think is one of the best pop albums of the '80s. I don't know how many people on this board might have heard this album or even might give it a chance but it's a pretty great emotional record.

Thanks for ID'ing the tune... I had no frickin' clue what song that was...

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Svengo wrote:

Thanks for ID'ing the tune... I had no frickin' clue what song that was...

Ah damn, I like that song, too bad the let him screw it up. And whatever he may have done to "Ring Of Fire" is just payback for that Rusty Cage cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 am

I like the Tears for Fears, a great alternative pop band, I hate to admit it but the kid has got good set of pipes, that being said, I am not a fan of the show, and I am sure that all the songs for whoever wins this glorified karaoke contest have been already been written, arranged and recorded, just waiting for whoever the winner is to add in their vocals.

I doubt Adam or anyone else will be able to add their own identity to anything that gets released.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 am

manny wrote:
Incredible, it seems that on a metal board Adam 'Tiger Beat' Lambert has developed a following, now gentlemen the real test will be, if you will be willing to lay down cold hard cash for his industry approved debut album when it is released.

If it's as solid (notice I didn't say great) as David Cook's debut, then yes. My wife & I bought David's disc a couple months back, and for a modern pop/rock disc, it's a good listen. Do I spin it as much as my metal albums? Not hardly. But the tunes are mostly catchy, and there are a couple surprises on there. "Mr. Sensitive" reminds me slightly of the more melodic side of bands like Virgos Merlot or Creed, and is the most rocking the CD gets, but is a nice addition. If Adam cane make that strong or solid an album under the initial contract, I'll buy it to support the guy & further his career so when he gets enough clout, he can start to make more interesting records (like Kelly Clarkson did after her first couple albums). Of course, he could make a booboo, get eliminated early, then pull a Chris Daughtry & get a band together & floor everybody w/ it. That'd be okay too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:18 am

My wife several years ago gave me Bo Bice's debut single, where he did a killer version of 'Vehicle' with Richie Sambora playing the solo, just a killer version.

On a whim I bought his full length debut and talking about disappointing, Bice is a great vocalist but the music was soul less and just a product, the only tunes that were good where the ones the Bo Bice wrote himself.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:58 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Oh man, that would be the day! Let's just hope that he doesn't win American Idol, so he won't get that record deal, but will still put out a record. It wouldn't be as poppy. I would probably buy it though.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:38 am

manny wrote:
My wife several years ago gave me Bo Bice's debut single, where he did a killer version of 'Vehicle' with Richie Sambora playing the solo, just a killer version.

On a whim I bought his full length debut and talking about disappointing, Bice is a great vocalist but the music was soul less and just a product, the only tunes that were good where the ones the Bo Bice wrote himself.

His second album is waaaay better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Lambert (American Idol)
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next