Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adam Lambert (American Idol)

Go down 
+22
QuothTheRaven
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Svengo
MetalFRO
Schbopo
MetalH
Rex
ultmetal
TheDoctor'sScarf
sam
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Addy
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
manny
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:45 pm

manny wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Adam would be a better fit in Queen than Paul Rodgers was.

I don't know about that, we donot know what Adam Lambert brings to the table as far as songwriting ability, where Paul Rodgers has a recording and performing career that is its 40th year.
Yes, I meant vocally-speaking. Plus, he could draw younger fans to the band, thereby expanding the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:03 am

Paul and Gene from KISS comment on their "Idol" appearance:

KISS performed their classic songs "Detroit Rock City" and "Rock And Roll All Nite" on the May 20 season finale of "American Idol", the annual reality show and singing competition. They were introduced by finalist Adam Lambert, who sang the KISS classic "Beth" prior to the band taking the stage (with Adam joining in).

Commented KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley: "Wow! We're already over 1 MILLION YouTube views of our 'American Idol' appearance where we were joined by finalist Adam Lambert. By all reports, it was the high point of the show, and this seems to confirm it! Adam, we are sure, is destined for great things and with supreme confidence and pride we can promise you that the new KISS album and tour will show you that we are in peak form and never better. You never fail to amaze us. Now it's our turn!"

In a post on his official web site, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons offered his opinion on whether Adam Lambert has a promising career in rock 'n' roll.

"Respectfully, I don't think Adam is a rock singer," Simmons wrote. "He sounds much more convincing singing ballads and Broadway shows. His voice doesn't seem to have a 'rock quality.' But, I'm sure he's going to do just fine."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:17 pm

No doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:44 am

Wonder how much they got paid for that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:22 pm

xyz wrote:
Wonder how much they got paid for that.

Probably not a whole lot - it was more for promotion and it paid off as KISS i-tunes and CD sales got a spike
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Big news this morning is that Adam Lambert has confirmed (via an interview with Rolling Stone that will be out later this week) that he's, shall we say, into dudes.

In other "shocking" news: The sun is hot, and water is wet. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Big news this morning is that Adam Lambert has confirmed (via an interview with Rolling Stone that will be out later this week) that he's, shall we say, into dudes.

No! Say it isn't so!!!! I am so tired of these celebs fooling me - I mean, I had no idea about stars suchs as Liberace, George Michael, Boy George, Clay Aiken and Rob Halford!!! I just can't believe it! They all seem to love the women!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Thank you Captain Obvious.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 am

The only one that surprised me was Doug Pinnick. I had no idea he was merry all the years i knew of him.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:06 am

Im so sick of hearing about Adam Lambert who cares if he's merry he's fluff and bubblegum courtesy of AI -gag-
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:41 am

I was actually surprised by both Doug Pinnick and Rob Halford. Looking back on Halford maybe all that leather should have been a give away but I just thought he looked cool, I had no idea he was expressing his sexuality I just thought he looked cool.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:21 am

If Lambert were to join Queen IMO he would ruin the good name of the band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:22 am

Addy wrote:

Why? He epitomizes the band name.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:32 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Addy wrote:

Why? He epitomizes the band name.

That's what i thought as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 am

Isn't this guy's 15 minutes up yet? Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 am

manny wrote:
I was actually surprised by both Doug Pinnick and Rob Halford. Looking back on Halford maybe all that leather should have been a give away but I just thought he looked cool, I had no idea he was expressing his sexuality I just thought he looked cool.

Same here... i was one of the few that didn't see it until the dust settled. I thought leather was just a metal thing. I didn't think about merry leather boy stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 am

detuned wrote:

If Queen hire him, his 15 minutes have just begun.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:26 am

Why? Cuz he sucks and he sucks bad! He's nothing special talentwise everybody thinks hes as good as sliced bread cuz of the media crap and the whole AI bullsh** AI Is a joke its a fraud and a crock and any self respecting aspiring singer needs to stay clear of them

Am i the only one who isnt impressed with his glam wannabe BS? I think his 15 mins has come and gone, and needs to go to the wannabe clubhouse and chill with that other flash in the pan Sanjaya or whatever his name is

I think Queen needs to go the way of the do-do Change the name or something cuz Queen without Freddie who I think is irreplaceable not with Paul Rogers Not With Adam Lambert Not even with David Bowie and that for me is saying alot.... is just not Queen not even close and anyone trying to fill Freddie's shoes is just wasting time IMO
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 am

Quote :
Am i the only one who isnt impressed with his glam wannabe BS?

No, i can't stand him either.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 pm

detuned wrote:

I second the motion.

Sorry, still in lawsuit mode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Addy wrote:
Why? Cuz he sucks and he sucks bad! He's nothing special talentwise everybody thinks hes as good as sliced bread cuz of the media crap and the whole AI bullsh** AI Is a joke its a fraud and a crock and any self respecting aspiring singer needs to stay clear of them

Am i the only one who isnt impressed with his glam wannabe BS? I think his 15 mins has come and gone, and needs to go to the wannabe clubhouse and chill with that other flash in the pan Sanjaya or whatever his name is

I think Queen needs to go the way of the do-do Change the name or something cuz Queen without Freddie who I think is irreplaceable not with Paul Rogers Not With Adam Lambert Not even with David Bowie and that for me is saying alot.... is just not Queen not even close and anyone trying to fill Freddie's shoes is just wasting time IMO

Also, I fully agree with this. AI is just a shortcut for success. It's the singers' lottery. Even for older kind of washed up singers; they go on their as a guest, their most recent album shoots to #1. It's total bull.

Secondly, I fully agree about Queen. W/o the original lineup, they aren't Queen. Not happening.

This is what we call, American Karaoke. And it is :eyesore:
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:12 am

Addy wrote:

I was making an observation regarding his fame, not the merits of his singing, or whether him joining Queen would have a postive or negative impact on the band's career or image, I think American Idol is terrible, as far as Adam Lambert I have not really been that impressed with his singing but I will give Queen the benefit of the doubt seeing that they have worked with two of rock's greatest vocalist Freddie Mercury and Paul Rodgers.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:22 pm

manny wrote:
Addy wrote:

I was making an observation regarding his fame, not the merits of his singing, or whether him joining Queen would have a postive or negative impact on the band's career or image, I think American Idol is terrible, as far as Adam Lambert I have not really been that impressed with his singing but I will give Queen the benefit of the doubt seeing that they have worked with two of rock's greatest vocalist Freddie Mercury and Paul Rodgers.

Gotta agree with sound logic.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Im glad I am not the only one who feels the way I do, Its just the boards ive hit make it out that Adam Lambert is the best thing since sliced bread and he's not even close....which is most of the fuel behind my post It really wasn't in reply to yours Manny kind of a combination of all the hype on him.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Addy wrote:
Im glad I am not the only one who feels the way I do, Its just the boards ive hit make it out that Adam Lambert is the best thing since sliced bread and he's not even close....which is most of the fuel behind my post It really wasn't in reply to yours Manny kind of a combination of all the hype on him.

Crappy shows like American Idol depend on hype, because if they depended on the music being produced or created by this programs, that show would have faded out of view loooooooong ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Lambert (American Idol)   Adam Lambert (American Idol) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Lambert (American Idol)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next