Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

All things Metallica - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 am

Rex wrote:
Totally off topic, but has anyone seen any mention of the design of the Death Magnetic packaging and how the grave cutout cuts into the lyrics and text on the pages? That seemed like bad planning.

I was noticing that the other day, actually...that is sorta strange...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rex wrote:
Totally off topic, but has anyone seen any mention of the design of the Death Magnetic packaging and how the grave cutout cuts into the lyrics and text on the pages? That seemed like bad planning.

I was noticing that the other day, actually...that is sorta strange...

I have the album sold in a jewel case and hated the design of the booklet due to cutout into the lyrics and credits, I am one of those geekesters who reads all that stuff
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:42 am

Anybody ever wondered how the cover art resembles a butt-hole and then consider the content of the cd ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am

James B. wrote:
Anybody ever wondered how the cover art resembles a butt-hole and then consider the content of the cd ?

I always thought it resembled a vagina
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm

VANISHER doing "Of Wolf And Man" on the forthcoming Tribunal Records covers album 'Tribunal 100: Cover To Cover':

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
VANISHER doing "Of Wolf And Man" on the forthcoming Tribunal Records covers album 'Tribunal 100: Cover To Cover':

Cool video. They do a pretty good job of it and the real kicker is all the clips from the various werewolf movies, a personal favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:26 am

Yeah, it's one of my favorite covers from the release...Jonin's Faith No More cover is also really good...

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:57 am

Production wise Death Magnetic was too dry for my liking, sounded almost like a one-take recording, the exaggerated mids and thumpy bass didnt sound right to my ears
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 am

I'm really digging Beyond Magnetic...

I also like the simple, black & white, no booklet, $5 deal...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 am

Interesting...

Hetfield and Gov't Mule? Word.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
Interesting...

check out the DVD, The Deepest End (I believe that is the title) The Mule playing with alot of different bass players, including J. Newsted on some Sabbath.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 am

Where did that come from? Is it a new recording just coming out or has it been floating around and just slipped under the radar?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:18 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Interesting...

check out the DVD, The Deepest End (I believe that is the title) The Mule playing with alot of different bass players, including J. Newsted on some Sabbath.
That's what these two albums are. After their bass player died, they wrote two albums' worth of material with a bunch of musicians he admired. Most guest musicians are bass players, though, so it was interesting hearing Hetfield, you know.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Interesting...

That's what these two albums are. After their bass player died, they wrote two albums' worth of material with a bunch of musicians he admired. Most guest musicians are bass players, though, so it was interesting hearing Hetfield, you know.

I am a big fan of Mule drummer Matt Apts. So I like to watch him play, thus watching the DVD. I am not sure but the DVD may have more music than the cds ? Mule is great.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Been listening to the BEYOND MAGNETIC EP a bunch of times over the past couple of days... it's a decent listen but I wonder if I would've bothered with it if it hadn't been so cheap.

The track "Just A Bullet Away" gave me a great idea for a new drinking game though... every time you hear James mention "a revolver," take a shot. I swear he must repeat that word about 100 times so you'll be thoroughly schnockered (or possibly puking) by the end of the song. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I listened to it, but decided that $4.99 was too much for it, if it was $1.98 I'd buy it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
I listened to it, but decided that $4.99 was too much for it, if it was $1.98 I'd buy it.

That shouldn't be too long. Check Amazon. Razz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 pm

All things Metallica - Page 30 83628

Metallica's is getting ready to start making some new music in the not too distant future. Guitarist Kirk Hammett tells Billboard, "We're going to seriously start thinking about making a new album soon. We have tons of ideas, and that really is never a problem. We never have a lack of ideas -- if anything, the problem is we have too many ideas. But, yeah... it's something we're gonna start thinking pretty seriously about here. In about a couple months or so we're gonna seriously start working it out."

Metallica is also focused on the December 10th release of Quebec Magnetic, a two-DVD/Blu-ray concert set filmed by Wayne Isham over two nights in October of 2009 in Quebec City -- which will also be Metallica's first self-released project. "We just played two really phenomenal shows. They were outrageously great and the audience was great and we had a bunch of people filming it," Hammett recalls. "We felt like we're really doing a disservice just sitting on this great live footage, so we decided to put it out." Quebec Magnetic will feature one entire show and eight bonus songs taken from the other performance.

The band's 3D movie, directed by Nimrod Antal is due out in the summer of 2013, will combine performance footage from August at Rogers Arena in Vancouver with what Hammett describes as "a storyline that weaves in and out of the film...but there's no real dialogue. The storyline actually involves the band, and it's a very cool thing. I'm really looking forward to it." The film will feature professional actors, including Dean DeHaan ("Chronicle," "Lawless," HBO's "True Blood") as "a Metallica fan, and his performance is just as intense as our own performance."

Read more at Billboard.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:26 pm

All things Metallica - Page 30 83628

Metallica now owns all of their master recordings and has started Blacken Recordings as their record label. It will be distributed though the home of all things nostalgic Rhino:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183010&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

METALLICA announced today that they have taken ownership of all their master recordings including all music and long-form videos, a move almost unprecedented for musicians signed to recording contracts. Under provision of their renegotiated joint venture agreement with the Warner Music Group in 1994, all masters revert back to the band as of today, November 30, 2012.

"We would like to thank everyone at the Warner Music Group for 28 years of a fantastic relationship, particularly since 1994 where we truly felt we had partners in every aspect of our business in North America," said the band's James Hetfield.

METALLICA also announced the launch of their new record label, Blackened Recordings. Blackened Recordings was created by the band as a home for all of their recordings, both audio and visual, and anything else that suits them. Blackened Recordings will handle all marketing and promotion duties and will enter into a deal with Rhino Entertainment, who will manufacture and distribute its releases in North America. Blackened Recordings will license their releases to the Universal Music Group internationally.

"It's always been about control for us as a band," said METALLICA's Lars Ulrich. "Forming Blackened Recordings is the ultimate in independence, giving us 100% control and putting us in the driver's seat of our own creative destiny."

The first release from Blackened will be "Quebec Magnetic" on Monday, December 10, 2012. "Quebec Magnetic" is a live DVD capturing the two World Magnetic live shows from Quebec City in the fall of 2009. The setlist for the DVD was voted on by over 35,000 fans at Metallica.com this past September. Fans can order it from the band's web site, www.metallica.com.

A message from METALLICA to the band's fans: "We like to make it a point here not to bore you with the not-so-exciting business aspects of making and sharing music, but we're so psyched about our new adventure that we just had to tell you about it as we officially launch our very own record label, Blackened Recordings.

"Some of you, who have followed along throughout the years, are aware that in 1994 we renegotiated our contract with the Warner Music Group, which resulted in a joint venture with our record company for releasing all of our recordings including longform videos. Per that agreement, as of today we have taken ownership of all of our master recordings and Blackened Recordings will be the home of all of our current albums and videos along with all future releases including the December 10 release of the 'Quebec Magnetic' DVD and Blu-ray.

"You may have heard us say it once or twice or a thousand times before, but it's always been about us taking control of all things 'TALLICA to give you 110% on every single level every single time. Forming Blackened Recordings is the ultimate in independence, putting us in the driver's seat of our own creative destiny. We're looking forward to making more music and getting it all out to you in our own unique way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Metallica already had 100% artistic control when they were still with Elektra, that was written into their contract.

As long as they continue to work with Rick "audio butcher" Rubin I have 0% faith that their recordings will sound good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm

S.D. wrote:
Metallica already had 100% artistic control when they were still with Elektra, that was written into their contract.

As long as they continue to work with Rick "audio butcher" Rubin I have 0% faith that their recordings will sound good.

Exactly. Also, didn't Metallica have the highest royalty rate in the industry?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Let's hope that Blackened Records makes "Tallica" better songwriters headbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm

That's a lot of hope though Beyond Magnetic has some decent stuff.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 pm

S.D. wrote:

LOL!!!!! I wonder how much louder he can make the next album over DM........... Well, it will take them at least a year to write a new album.....
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I wonder what brand of trash cans will be used on the new album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next