Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica Question

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Required Fields
arttieTHE1manparty
Rex
mc666
Smindas
kmorg
Leatherface
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 4:19 am

Does anyone think that Jason Newsted will eventually return to Metallica? As great of a bass player Robert Trujillo is, I just think that Jason was a better fit for the band and the fans excepted him with no problems. I maybe wrong, but that's just the feeling I get. Metallica can get anybody they want to play bass like Geddy Lee, Steve Harris, Les Claypool or whoever...it just isn't going to work, I think. Agree or not?
www.Myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 4:20 am

I don't even think he would want to.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:05 am

I also don't think Metallica would ever be able to get Steve Harris to play for them on any kind of permanent basis.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 am

how can you say that Trujillo is not as good a fit for the band, is there some problem with his live performance?

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 9:34 am

Robert T is an AWESOME bass player. Although I can't stand to watch him play in that monkey stance he takes, the guy can throw down!

After the way the rest of the Metallica team treated Jason while he was part of the band, I doubt he'd want to go back with them even if they asked. At least not without some major changes in attitudes and flexibility in the writing department.

I think Jason was a great replacement and often times I thought he was the only link to the metal scene that Metallica still had, especially when he'd take over the vocals on a few songs live. They guy was awesome and they lost a great member.

But like I said, Rob T is one killer bass player and seems to be very grounded and down to earth which I think will be a good thing for the Metallica guys in the long run.
Back to top Go down

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 am

I concur.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 11:11 am

While I think Jason is a superior song-writer, and is a far better fit for the band due to his ability to pull off the backing vocals far better than Robert, I highly doubt he would return.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 1:33 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
While I think Jason is a superior song-writer, and is a far better fit for the band due to his ability to pull off the backing vocals far better than Robert, I highly doubt he would return.

Arttie
I agree. His backing vocals were sick. Trujillo can't match that. But Trujillo is a far superior bass player. I think Jason has too much integrity to rejoin Metallica. He's done.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 3:32 pm

I doubt he would ever return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:10 pm

he's busy helping Voivod make below standard albums, he already did that with Metallica.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
he's busy helping Voivod make below standard albums, he already did that with Metallica.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 11:20 pm

Robert probably is a better bassist than Jason, but I think that Jason just had the right chemistry that meshed great with the other three. I know that Jason got treated like crap for so many years by the band. It's a shame and wasn't warranted. And as far as wither or not he would want to join back, that's only something he could answer. Plus, I never said anything about Steve Harris joining. That was just an example(I wouldn't if I was him). Replacing Cliff Burton was never going to be easy. Period.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:16 am

I'd say it's not likely, but then again, everyone has a price. Further down the road when Metallica has lost all credibility and their fan base withers down to a few mallrats, some promoter will offer them big bucks to "get the ...And Justice For All line-up together for a few shows". Money talks.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:22 am

Leatherface wrote:
Plus, I never said anything about Steve Harris joining.
Leatherface wrote:
Metallica can get anybody they want to play bass like ... Steve Harris
Dun dun duuuun!

But yeah, I agree that in some ways Jason was a better fit for the band - he's the right age, for one. And in the context of the band, his backing vocals and stage presence were great - much better than Rob's lobster walk. Still, I think Rob's a decent enough replacement and as others has said, he's a down to earth guy which is what Metallica needs.

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:06 pm

jason was great onstage but nothing special on the cd. his backup vocals were great and he had sooo much energy but the whole rockstar supernova thing kind of runied him a little bit. rob trujillo is a great player but his monkey/crab thing hes got going bugs me. sometimes he looks like a dog wiping his arse on the carpet. he also looks like he should be in korn or someone
Back to top Go down

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:26 pm

I'd prefer Jason joining back to Flotsam And Jetsam and touring playing "Doomsday For The Deceiver" enitirely!
🤘
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm

Quote :
I'd prefer Jason joining back to Flotsam And Jetsam and touring playing "Doomsday For The Deceiver" enitirely!

MUCH agreed!!!!! I could care less about Metallica! Flotsam and Jetsam should reform with the original line-up!!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

MUCH agreed!!!!! I could care less about Metallica! Flotsam and Jetsam should reform with the original line-up!!

I third that!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:47 pm

I love the first two Flots albums but I don't see them writing and recording anything approaching that ever again, no matter who is in the band.

I think Jason would like to come back but James doesn't want him back and would rather just hire a guy who is gonna play bass and take the paycheck and not cause any drama. I am basing this on the SKOM movie.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:43 am

I thought Cliff Burton played bass for Metallica... and I also seem to recall that Metallica died in a tragic bus accident back in the 80's. I am not sure what band you're talking about.

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:59 am

AchrisK wrote:
I thought Cliff Burton played bass for Metallica... and I also seem to recall that Metallica died in a tragic bus accident back in the 80's. I am not sure what band you're talking about.

ack
go back to bed. you are sleepposting again.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:12 am

Actually guys, I've been pulling your leg all along and you fell for it. They should get someone real hardcore to play for them, like Bobby Doll or Rick Savage.Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:59 am

Smindas wrote:
I also don't think Metallica would ever be able to get Steve Harris to play for them on any kind of permanent basis.

i must agree there harris would never join metallica
neither would newsted come back as hetfield never saw him as an equal. maYBE HE HAS GROWN UP NOW!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

ack

Oh contraire, I was wide awake, and was very prouid of my clever post. I may be getting senile, but I was awake.

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 1:11 pm

AchrisK wrote:
mc666 wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

ack

Oh contraire, I was wide awake, and was very prouid of my clever post. I may be getting senile, but I was awake.

ack

lol! You both crack me up.

Metallica Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica Question   Metallica Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica Question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next