Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Fan Can (Metallica)?

Go down 
+4
XYZ
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
fingers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Empty
PostSubject: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:15 pm

you know that weired compilation MetallicA did back like 14 years ago it has the demos of the songs from the load and reload albums I heard rumours they did a cover of Megadeth's Tornado Souls. But what is it an album, a collector's item?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:32 pm

No idea, but Metallica covering Tornado of Souls sounds epic.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Schbopo wrote:
No idea, but Metallica covering Tornado of Souls sounds epic.

ye it would ay. But I doubt if the rumour is true though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:30 am

Metallica released several Fan Cans (I think at least 4 or 5) during the last decade. They were exclusively sold to members of the Metallica fan club, and each contained a CD compilation (usually demos and live stuff) and a DVD along with a t-shirt, bottle opener, or some other souvenir goodie. If you Google "Metallica Fan Cans" you can find out track listings for the various volumes.

I just skimmed the tracklists of a few of them real quick but can find nothing about them covering "Tornado of Souls." Though that would be kinda cool, I doubt it happened.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:13 am

There's also a rumor that says Megadeth covered "Battery." Imo, I think both rumors are a little too far out there.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:22 am

fingers wrote:
you know that weired compilation MetallicA did back like 14 years ago it has the demos of the songs from the load and reload albums I heard rumours they did a cover of Megadeth's Tornado Souls. But what is it an album, a collector's item?

I used to be in the Metallica Club for a 2-3 year period. I have fan can #2 & #3. I think this is someone pulling your chain involving this rumor. One of the C.D's in fan can #3 does have the band goofing on some songs, but they're mainly Mercyful Fate songs, like the stuff you hear on the last garage days album, though they did also jam on the song "Nuns Have No Fun". I'll have to go back and listen to that C.D, it was actually pretty funny, listening them goofing off in the studio.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:34 pm

I've heard that so called "Megadeth" cover of "Battery"....and while the guy seems to have the snarl....kinda, it's OBVIOUSLY not Dave. But someone is too dumb to realize the guy doesn't sound like Mustaine so they decided to say Megadeth did it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:14 pm

It may have been some band with a lead singer who sounds like Hetfield covering "Tornado of Souls", but not Metallica.

Sounds like a case of Eternal Decision syndrome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:16 am

OT : i love cliff burton .. well , RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Fan Can (Metallica)?   What is Fan Can (Metallica)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Fan Can (Metallica)?
Page 1 of 1