Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

All things Metallica - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:35 am

I think of the Presidio stuff there was a track that I wish saw the album or a different release it didnt sound typical Metallica but it sounded pretty cool In my Humble Honest Opinion. It was a track in the documentry that Lars was playing for his father

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:06 am

Addy wrote:
I think of the Presidio stuff there was a track that I wish saw the album or a different release it didnt sound typical Metallica but it sounded pretty cool In my Humble Honest Opinion. It was a track in the documentry that Lars was playing for his father

This was absolutely the funniest moment of the documentary! Lars asks his father what he thinks of the track, and this is his response:

I love the old man's honesty. They should have him sit in on more studio stuff...
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Lol, yes! That had me laughing out loud.

Father: "I would delet that."

Lars: "that's funny... Cause the record label wants it to open the album."

Laughing very hard

And we can't forget Phil the therapist in the corner, grooving to the track in his Cosby sweater. This is comedic gold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:29 pm

the Some Kind Of Monster documentary is quite fascinating, it's like watching a car wreck in slow motion.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:18 pm

DevZor wrote:
Lol, yes! That had me laughing out loud.

Father: "I would delet that."

Lars: "that's funny... Cause the record label wants it to open the album."

Laughing very hard

And we can't forget Phil the therapist in the corner, grooving to the track in his Cosby sweater. This is comedic gold.

I know that Phil was more of a job coach then that of a therapist, but he was downright f'ing creepy. It was cringe worthy towards the end of the documentary when he didn't realize that his services were no longer going to be needed. I remember James having a tough time trying to tell the guy that they appreciate what he brought to the table over the last couple of years, but please go latch onto another band. Both he and Lars were about as diplomatic as two guys could be. I thought Phil was going to start crying.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:30 pm

The only reason he lasted that long, I'm sure, is because of banana stickers...

All things Metallica - Page 29 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3_kT8UiKh-v9RbxhSzCK_ZI9CREiAdqS845xYAbebWsTfSgz5eA
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Spyder Jonez wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Calm down, you troglodyte! If you actually read this thread, instead of coming in like a two-year-old stomping your wee feet (and you know what wee feet mean), then you'd know I'm no fanboy.

Yes clearly i'm stomping my feet. Has nothing to do with your attitude at all. Rolling Eyes

Eyesore wrote:

And yes, this is the Internet, and if you were right you'd be posting those demos from the "Presidio/St. Anger/Daddy doesn't hug me" days.

You're not too bright, or you're trying to get me banned for breaking the rules.

"If you do not own the rights to the material you post, be it picture hotlinking, mp3-files or whatever, don't post it. "

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t7429-the-board-rules

Yes clearly, because I won't post copyrighted material on this forum and break the rules that must mean i'm wrong. Nice logic you got there. Better luck next time on your lame little flamewar attempt.
Good lord. I could ban you right now, if I wanted to. But since you think I'm starting a flamewar, let's recap exactly what I said previously:

"Except that's obviously not what happened. Outside of your head, at least."

That's my comment. That's what I said that got you to start calling me a fanboy and claiming I "slag people" who insult my precious band. I post two sentences, to which you respond with two paragraphs of absurd BS. Yet it's me trying to cause a flamewar? Hahaha!

Either way, I do like how you quote a silly forum rule—that is broken over and over again, day after day here—as the reason why you can't prove me wrong.

Carry on, dude.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Spyder,

There are a lot of blind, drooling fanboys of certain bands here, but Eyesore is one of the few here who is NOT that. He's pretty uncompromising and unconventional in his musical opinions.

Eyesore,

Calling new people names here doesn't make you look very good and frankly is against the rules. Talk about grade school antics.
Come on, "troglodyte" is a pretty good insult. Admit it.

And don't lock this thread! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think it's funny how some people are saying "Beyond Magnetic" is more "fluid" than the actual album...especially since those songs are from the SAME SESSIONS!

lol!
Getting this thing back on track, here's what I said about the EP:

Quote :
Sounds more natural to my ears than much of what's on Death Magnetic, though some parts do have that "spliced in" feel.
When I say "natural," I'm talking about it not feeling forced. Take the demo "Flamingo," for example. That, to me, doesn't sound nearly as forced as the version that ended up on the album, "All Nightmare Long."

I think with Death Magnetic, the band tried way too hard to sound old-school metal again. I don't think that's who they are as musicians anymore.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:25 pm

I couldn't stand that therapist they had. Dude really was a creep and leech. He was preying upon these guys and trying to make them think they needed his services 24/7, he should be out on the road with them and that they needed his input on the album. He's a fraud.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Good lord. I could ban you right now, if I wanted to.

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Good lord. I could ban you right now, if I wanted to.

Huh?
It's true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I think it's funny how some people are saying "Beyond Magnetic" is more "fluid" than the actual album...especially since those songs are from the SAME SESSIONS!

lol!
Getting this thing back on track, here's what I said about the EP:

Quote :
Sounds more natural to my ears than much of what's on Death Magnetic, though some parts do have that "spliced in" feel.
When I say "natural," I'm talking about it not feeling forced. Take the demo "Flamingo," for example. That, to me, doesn't sound nearly as forced as the version that ended up on the album, "All Nightmare Long."

I think with Death Magnetic, the band tried way too hard to sound old-school metal again. I don't think that's who they are as musicians anymore.

I wasn't just responding to your post, I've heard others say the same thing about the album. I'm positive the album was 100% calculated to get the old school fans back in line and they maneuvered it more in that direction.

Even so, the album doesn't bother me, my expectations for Metallica couldn't possibly have been lower, so Death Magnetic ended up being a pleasant surprise.

It's a pretty good album from a band whose best days are behind them, I can live with that. Metallica really has no emotional connection to me whatsoever anymore, but about once a year I'll listen to a couple of their early titles when I'm feeling nostalgic for my teenage years.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 am

To be honest I think metallica could release one of the first three albums next year and some fans would criticize it for something.

I thought DM was a good album but it hasnt had the staying power i thought it would. I feel kinda 'meh' about them. Ill listen to a new album but I wont go overboard praising or attacking.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 am

Death Magnetic's "old school" sound was calculated to correspond with the Big 4 Tour (IMHO)

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 am

James B. wrote:
Death Magnetic's "old school" sound was calculated to correspond with the Big 4 Tour (IMHO)

Big 4 was like 2 years after DM, wasn't it?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

In today's music scene time frame, two years really isn't much of a stretch.

When you look at the aspects of the upcoming festival tour thing involving Metallica. LuLu can seem to be something calculated as well ?

I am not knocking them by any means. Ya have to make money somehow.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:
Yeah. That theory is a huge stretch. Doesn't make any more sense than the theory that Beyond Magnetic EP was released as damage control because Lulu sucked so much.

Wasn't it James B who said that as well? lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:
Yeah. That theory is a huge stretch. Doesn't make any more sense than the theory that Beyond Magnetic EP was released as damage control because Lulu sucked so much.

That would be even a bigger stretch, since 'Lulu' is really a weird Lou Reed spoken word type of album, it does not even fit with the rest of Lou Reed's discography, let alone Metallica's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Quote :
'Lulu' is really a weird Lou Reed spoken word type of album, it does not even fit with the rest of Lou Reed's discography, let alone Metallica's.

So what you're saying is that neither party wants to take responsibility for that recording, is that correct? Razz

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

Nope, I would of said something more along the lines of Beyond Magnetic being means for income to be coming in untill they can write and record a bunch of more unmemorable songs. AND we can hope they take a night class on how to use Pro Tools a bit better .

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Quote :
Nope, I would of said something more along the lines of Beyond Magnetic being means for income to be coming in untill they can write and record a bunch of more unmemorable songs

I doubt they're hurting for income any time soon.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Nope, I would of said something more along the lines of Beyond Magnetic being means for income to be coming in untill they can write and record a bunch of more unmemorable songs

I doubt they're hurting for income any time soon.

There is a big difference between what I said and what you said

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

Nope, I would of said something more along the lines of Beyond Magnetic being means for income to be coming in untill they can write and record a bunch of more unmemorable songs. AND we can hope they take a night class on how to use Pro Tools a bit better .

well what we really need is more arguing over the band that inevitably comes like lawyers chasing ambulances....
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 am

Totally off topic, but has anyone seen any mention of the design of the Death Magnetic packaging and how the grave cutout cuts into the lyrics and text on the pages? That seemed like bad planning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next