Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Dave has always treated his bandmates like shit, why is this a surprise to anyone at this point?

It blows my mind to actually see people declaring a boycott when he's screwed over people a lot worse than this in the past. A little late to be jumping on that wagon.

This is the easiest thing I've had to answer all day. When you make choices at earlier stages in your life, because you have no people skills and you were fueled by drugs and alcohol, one can sort of rationalize dickish behavior. With that being said, Dave Mustaine is supposedly clean and sober, has a wife, is the father of two children, a born again Christian, over 50 and he still doesn't get it. It's called evolving as a human being. A good portion of society is able to accomplish this. Dave on the other hand, clearly hasn't. Dave is the kind of individual that takes two steps forward and about five steps back, as it pertains to his people skills.

Who exactly has Dave screwed over? Most of the guys who were in his band made a lot of money (particularly Nick and Marty) and it's always been Dave's vision, his band. Have any of them been particularly successful without him? Did any of them write any Megadeth records? (as is the case with the Ozzy albums) They were great players who did a great job and were well paid. Ellefson thought that he'd been badly treated but the courts found otherwise.

If anything it's Mustaine who has been screwed in the way that the world's biggest metal band tried for years to downplay the influence that he had on them and the whole genre that sprang up around them. But when Dave says as much, he's just accused of being bitter.

I don't know the ins and outs of this latest saga, but at the end of the day I think Mustaine was foolish to attempt a reunion (for the second time)

I can name one right off the bat; Jeff Young. I didn't really like Jeff Young back in the day, as I didn't think he fit into that band, especially from an aesthetic point of view. Back in the day, Dave planted a story in one of the major metal magazines that Jeff was trying to sleep with his on again off again girlfriend Diana Aragon, which was the reason for his firing. This story ended up not being true, but it was the easiest way for Dave to can Jeff. Why Dave just didn't say, "Jeff you're style isn't what I'm looking for, and frankly I don't like the way you look on stage or hold the guitar like your scrunched over with major scoliosis", I don't know...

By the way, Dave recanted that story a few years ago, but then started up another one, regarding how he hummed the guitar solos to Jeff that he ended up on So Far, So Good, So What. I mean come on, I'm not a Jeff Young fan at all, but this just sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:10 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Dave has always treated his bandmates like shit, why is this a surprise to anyone at this point?

It blows my mind to actually see people declaring a boycott when he's screwed over people a lot worse than this in the past. A little late to be jumping on that wagon.

This is the easiest thing I've had to answer all day. When you make choices at earlier stages in your life, because you have no people skills and you were fueled by drugs and alcohol, one can sort of rationalize dickish behavior. With that being said, Dave Mustaine is supposedly clean and sober, has a wife, is the father of two children, a born again Christian, over 50 and he still doesn't get it. It's called evolving as a human being. A good portion of society is able to accomplish this. Dave on the other hand, clearly hasn't. Dave is the kind of individual that takes two steps forward and about five steps back, as it pertains to his people skills.

Who exactly has Dave screwed over? Most of the guys who were in his band made a lot of money (particularly Nick and Marty) and it's always been Dave's vision, his band. Have any of them been particularly successful without him? Did any of them write any Megadeth records? (as is the case with the Ozzy albums) They were great players who did a great job and were well paid. Ellefson thought that he'd been badly treated but the courts found otherwise.

If anything it's Mustaine who has been screwed in the way that the world's biggest metal band tried for years to downplay the influence that he had on them and the whole genre that sprang up around them. But when Dave says as much, he's just accused of being bitter.

I don't know the ins and outs of this latest saga, but at the end of the day I think Mustaine was foolish to attempt a reunion (for the second time)

I can name one right off the bat; Jeff Young. I didn't really like Jeff Young back in the day, as I didn't think he fit into that band, especially from an aesthetic point of view. Back in the day, Dave planted a story in one of the major metal magazines that Jeff was trying to sleep with his on again off again girlfriend Diana Aragon, which was the reason for his firing. This story ended up not being true, but it was the easiest way for Dave to can Jeff. Why Dave just didn't say, "Jeff you're style isn't what I'm looking for, and frankly I don't like the way you look on stage or hold the guitar like your scrunched over with major scoliosis", I don't know...

By the way, Dave recanted that story a few years ago, but then started up another one, regarding how he hummed the guitar solos to Jeff that he ended up on So Far, So Good, So What. I mean come on, I'm not a Jeff Young fan at all, but this just sounds stupid.

May not have been the best way to fire someone (more than 25 years ago) but i fail to see how he was ripped off or screwed. He was only in the band because he was marginally better than that guy from Malice and again, he was well paid and has been dining out on Megadeth stories ever since.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

May not have been the best way to fire someone (more than 25 years ago) but i fail to see how he was ripped off or screwed. He was only in the band because he was marginally better than that guy from Malice and again, he was well paid and has been dining out on Megadeth stories ever since.

I didn't use the terms ripped off or screwed. I don't think either apply with Jeff Young and the aforementioned. I would see it as slander though. If someone lied about me, I would be pissed! It's probably why we hadn't heard from Jeff Young in forever, until the 2009 comments by Dave about Jeff and the solos came out. Let's say this is true, and none of Jeff solo's were really his, and Dave hummed them all to Jeff. What's the point of even bringing that up twenty one years later? It just smacks of insecurity on Dave's part. Either way, it doesn't put Dave in a good light. Had he said these things in 1989, it would have made sense, since Dave was a complete mess.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:26 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Do you know what kind of deal he offered Nick or are you taking one side of the story as gospel?

I don't see how you can make a fair judgement call on this.

How much extra $$$ do you think Nick would bring to the Megadeth camp vs. helping out a new unknown drummer who'd like a break?

Nick was fired twice already BTW.

Exactly. Since when has Nick Menza been the voice of rationality and veracity?  

Also, it's Dave's band.  He can do what he wants and always has.

This is hardly a fair comparison. Seriously, Nick Menza vs Dave Mustaine regarding the embellishment of historical events. No kidding it's Dave's band. That was never a point of contention. Just because it's Dave's band, doesn't mean he is a great decision maker.

If we were in court, I would object or your line of reasoning as "assuming facts not in evidence."  You simply don't know what happened, and neither do I for that matter.  My point being that Nick Menza has never comported himself as a particularly truthful witness - nor has Dave Mustaine for that matter.  I am simply not willing to judge Dave's actions based on the words of Nick Menza.  Ever more so, I simply don't care about the inner machinations of this particular band.  Dave will do what he wants and sometimes he puts out good albums.  Sometimes not.  

I do think the "classic" lineup is way overrated and I don't care if they ever reunite.  They really only had one exceptional album. Their other albums varied in quality from good to awful.  

Overruled....

The classic lineup might be overrated. My disgust with Dave has nothing to do with him not bringing Marty and Nick back into the fold; it's about Dave and how sad his interpersonal relations have been within his own band and outside of it as well. Like I said before, it was funny years ago, and now it's just sort of sad. I will state it for a third time, it wouldn't behoove Nick at all to bring up Ron Laffitte or Marty in this, unless it was true. If Ron Laffitte and Marty say, Nick's full of shit and this never took place, so be it, then I will say I was wrong. But I bet I'm not...

Hmm...there's nothing for you to overrule, but okay.

What, exactly do you know about the totality of Dave's interpersonal relationships? Also, who cares? I don't like a band/musician because of their interpersonal relationship skills. I like a band based on the quality of their music.

Also, isn't in the realm of possibility that Nick Menza has an unrealistic idea of either his worth, or the financial realities facing a band like Megadeth? Maybe what Menza wanted financially was absurd. Why do you assume Nick's financial demands were not what caused him to not be in the band? Obviously Dave wanted him in the band - him auditioned him- but it didn't happen for financial reasons. Who would one assume understands the financial situation of Megadeth better - Dave Mustaine or Nick Menza?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Do you know what kind of deal he offered Nick or are you taking one side of the story as gospel?

How much extra $$$ do you think Nick would bring to the Megadeth camp vs. helping out a new unknown drummer who'd like a break?

This is hardly a fair comparison. Seriously, Nick Menza vs Dave Mustaine regarding the embellishment of historical events. No kidding it's Dave's band. That was never a point of contention. Just because it's Dave's band, doesn't mean he is a great decision maker.

If we were in court, I would object or your line of reasoning as "assuming facts not in evidence."  You simply don't know what happened, and neither do I for that matter.  My point being that Nick Menza has never comported himself as a particularly truthful witness - nor has Dave Mustaine for that matter.  I am simply not willing to judge Dave's actions based on the words of Nick Menza.  Ever more so, I simply don't care about the inner machinations of this particular band.  Dave will do what he wants and sometimes he puts out good albums.  Sometimes not.  

I do think the "classic" lineup is way overrated and I don't care if they ever reunite.  They really only had one exceptional album. Their other albums varied in quality from good to awful.  

Overruled....

The classic lineup might be overrated. My disgust with Dave has nothing to do with him not bringing Marty and Nick back into the fold; it's about Dave and how sad his interpersonal relations have been within his own band and outside of it as well. Like I said before, it was funny years ago, and now it's just sort of sad. I will state it for a third time, it wouldn't behoove Nick at all to bring up Ron Laffitte or Marty in this, unless it was true. If Ron Laffitte and Marty say, Nick's full of shit and this never took place, so be it, then I will say I was wrong. But I bet I'm not...

What, exactly do you know about the totality of Dave's interpersonal relationships?  Also, who cares?  I don't like a band/musician because of their interpersonal relationship skills.  I like a band based on the quality of their music.  

Also, isn't in the realm of possibility that Nick Menza has an unrealistic idea of either his worth, or the financial realities facing a band like Megadeth?  Maybe what Menza wanted financially was absurd.  Why do you assume Nick's financial demands were not what caused him to not be in the band?   Obviously Dave wanted him in the band - him auditioned him- but it didn't happen for financial reasons.  Who would one assume understands the financial situation of Megadeth better - Dave Mustaine or Nick Menza?

If Dave had such great interpersonal relationships with people, these stories would never see the light of day. Who cares? These stories certainly don't affect how my day unfolds, but it amazes me how someone has the same narcissistic qualities that they did twenty five years ago. At some point one should try and grow up.

Nick Menza could have an unrealistic idea of his worth, but that's where Ron Laffitte comes into play. I doubt that Ron Laffitte would put his role as the band's new manager in jeopardy, if Nick's financial demands were that outrageous. Most likely Dave low balled the hell out of all of them. Did Kerry King understand the financial situation of Slayer better than Dave Lombardo?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Overruled....

What, exactly do you know about the totality of Dave's interpersonal relationships?  Also, who cares?  I don't like a band/musician because of their interpersonal relationship skills.  I like a band based on the quality of their music.  

Also, isn't in the realm of possibility that Nick Menza has an unrealistic idea of either his worth, or the financial realities facing a band like Megadeth?  Maybe what Menza wanted financially was absurd.  Why do you assume Nick's financial demands were not what caused him to not be in the band?   Obviously Dave wanted him in the band - him auditioned him- but it didn't happen for financial reasons.  Who would one assume understands the financial situation of Megadeth better - Dave Mustaine or Nick Menza?

If Dave had such great interpersonal relationships with people, these stories would never see the light of day. Who cares? These stories certainly don't affect how my day unfolds, but it amazes me how someone has the same narcissistic qualities that they did twenty five years ago. At some point one should try and grow up.

Nick Menza could have an unrealistic idea of his worth, but that's where Ron Laffitte comes into play. I doubt that Ron Laffitte would put his role as the band's new manager in jeopardy, if Nick's financial demands were that outrageous. Most likely Dave low balled the hell out of all of them. Did Kerry King understand the financial situation of Slayer better than Dave Lombardo?

I am not sure of the relevance of Slayer to a Megadeth discussion.

The facts are this about the Nick Menza situation: 1) Nick Menza auditioned 2) Nick Menza didn't get the job 3) Nick Menza claims it was about money and that he wasn't offered enough cash. That's the totality of what we know at this point. I am willing to grant that Nick Menza may be 100% correct, but I am also willing to grant that Mustaine may be 100% correct. It seems you are not willing to grant the same.

Why should Mustaine "grow up?" He's made it this far in life acting in this manner.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Two sides to every story. Simple words, poignant mantra.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Overruled....

I am not sure of the relevance of Slayer to a Megadeth discussion.

The facts are this about the Nick Menza situation: 1) Nick Menza auditioned 2) Nick Menza didn't get the job 3) Nick Menza claims it was about money and that he wasn't offered enough cash. That's the totality of what we know at this point.  I am willing to grant that Nick Menza may be 100% correct, but I am also willing to grant that Mustaine may be 100% correct.  It seems you are not willing to grant the same.

Why should Mustaine "grow up?"  He's made it this far in life acting in this manner.  

If Menza had never brought up anyone else in this conversation, I would look at this as a he said/he said, and would have to give Dave the benefit of the doubt. Until Ron Laffitte recants Nick Menza's story, I just am inclined to believe Nick on this one and not Dave. Even after the relationship with Megadeth ceased, Ron was always complimentary towards Megadeth. I think Nick's ace in the hole in this story is Ron. I can't wait to hear what Ron has to say about this.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:47 pm

I don't get the big deal. The guys tried to thrash out a deal, they had different viewpoints, it didn't happen. This kind of thing happens every day, i don't see why it makes Mustaine the worst human being ever. He got the Lamb of God drummer and the guitarist from Angra, you can bet that he isn't paying chump change for those two.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:43 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I have to agree with Temple of Blood's points of view here ( a first I know). But we have no idea what kind deal Nick was offered, in Mustaine's own book, it states Menza felt he was owed more money and should have been paid more.

Mustaine never publicly stated that the Rust in Peace was going to reunite and he is not the one the released the scatting press release.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Turns out Marty was invited back as well but wanted nothing to do with it: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/marty-friedman-admits-he-was-asked-to-rejoin-megadeth-says-it-would-have-been-a-huge-step-backwards/

Lots of common sense to be found in that interview.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Turns out Marty was invited back as well but wanted nothing to do with it: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/marty-friedman-admits-he-was-asked-to-rejoin-megadeth-says-it-would-have-been-a-huge-step-backwards/

Lots of common sense to be found in that interview.

See Nick, that's the classy way to tell Mustaine to stuff it!  lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Marty has paying gigs, so it's easier for him to turn down the Mustaine sweat-shop salary.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:58 am

I always find it funny when people trash Dave. Dave is Megadeth. Sure, there have been other members, like Ellefson and Friedman, that are commonly associated with the band, but there is no band without Dave Mustaine.

Note a common thread between these folks and fan opinions...

Dave Mustaine: Dick
Lars Ulrich: Dick
James Hetfield: Dick
Zakk Wylde: Dick
Jon Schaffer: Dick
Eddie Van Halen: Dick
Alex Van Halen: Dick
Axl Rose: Dick
Nikki Sixx: Dick
Mike Portnoy: Dick

And on and on and on...

These are band leaders...and weak people hate leaders; they hate their confidence, their success, their talent, etc. Sure, some of them probably are dicks, but the majority are not. However, I'd say the majority of the so-called fans who make these claims are, in fact, dicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:58 am

Eyesore wrote:

These are band leaders...and weak people hate leaders; they hate their confidence, their success, their talent, etc. Sure, some of them probably are dicks, but the majority are not. However, I'd say the majority of the so-called fans who make these claims are, in fact, dicks.

Just saw this earlier today:

"You can be nice as pie to 99 fans. And if you're a little bit short with that 100th fan, you've had a bad show or you've got a cold, he or she is the one that will go on the internet and say, 'Steve Wilson's such as asshole.'" - Steven Wilson

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
I always find it funny when people trash Dave. Dave is Megadeth. Sure, there have been other members, like Ellefson and Friedman, that are commonly associated with the band, but there is no band without Dave Mustaine.

Note a common thread between these folks and fan opinions...

Dave Mustaine: Dick
Lars Ulrich: Dick
James Hetfield: Dick
Zakk Wylde: Dick
Jon Schaffer: Dick
Eddie Van Halen: Dick
Alex Van Halen: Dick
Axl Rose: Dick
Nikki Sixx: Dick
Mike Portnoy: Dick

And on and on and on...

So do strong people hate leaders as well? I've met both Hetfield and Ulrich and both were extremely cool. Most the vitriol handed their way has absolutely zero to do with who they are, but the musical direction they've taken.

I never knew Zakk Wylde had a reputation of being a dick. That one is news to me.

I know nothing about Jon Schaffer being a dick. There have been like a revolving door of band members for a number of years, but I don't hear ex-members of Iced Earth killing this guy in the press.

Nikki Sixx by all accounts, seems to be a pretty cool guy, especially over the last two plus decades. But you also had a guy, who by all accounts had a major drug problem early on. Most people who have dependency issues, can be total a-holes. Clean Nikki on the other hands seems to be a regular guy.

The Mike Portnoy thing I think is overblown as well. I know there have been a couple of issues involving Dream Theater and then Avenged Sevenfold, but there isn't consistent a-hole behavior from him. I have a friend who met him, and he was absolutely gracious.

Now the Mustaine, Eddie Van Halen, and Axl Rose things have been well documented. These aren't surprising revelations at all. Dave and Eddie have made it a lifetime thing, and Axl only hasn't because he was a recluse for the better part of a decade and a half.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:27 am

Nikki Sixx was the only one who came across as a half decent human being in The Dirt. Tommy Lee on the other hand......

I like Hetfield, Mustaine and Ulrich, I think they get hammered because they sometimes take business decisions while running big businesses Shocked
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:29 am

Eyesore gets it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 am

Mustaine revealed the track listing for the upcoming album, due in late '15 or early 2016...

01. Death From Within
02. Fatal Illusion
03. Conquer... Or Die!
04. Lying In State
05. Me Hate You
06. The Emperor's New Clothes
07. Dystopia
08. Bullet To The Brain
09. Last Dying Wish
10. Post American World
11. Look Who's Talking
12. The Threat Is Real
13. Poisonous Shadows
14. Melt The Ice Away (BUDGIE cover)
15. Foreign Policy (FEAR cover)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39405

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 am

So, we have the track listing but no album title ? Or did I miss that in this vast thread somewhere along the line ?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:55 am

007 wrote:
So, we have the track listing but no album title ? Or did I miss that in this vast thread somewhere along the line ?

Nope. No title, cover art or release date yet.

Quote :
In a July 27 online chat with members of MEGADETH's official fan club, the Cyber Army, Mustaine revealed the track listing for the band's forthcoming album.

So that could even change I guess.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
05. Me Hate You

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Dave Mustaine needs to retire.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 am

Painkiller wrote:

Why? He's doing what he loves to do. He should keep going as long as he can. He's still putting out good material.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:50 am

Painkiller wrote:

I'm going to second the "Why?" on this. The guy can still sing - even if his voice isn't what it once was - and he can still play the hell out of the guitar and write compelling material.

Personally, I think most musicians should "retire" when they pop their clogs, but even if we're going to argue that there's a point where they're too old to hack it anymore, I'd say it would have to be when they aren't able to turn out anything more compelling than a covers album or re-recording of an old one or when they're simply physically incapable of bringing the thunder.

Where does Dave fall on that spectrum for you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 20 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next