Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:29 am

The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Addon.php?3,module=embed_images,url=http%3A%2F%2Fnokians.fr%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2FPlease-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:29 am

Painkiller needs to retire
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:38 am

Boris2008 wrote:

Eh, maybe I've missed some big drama in threads I haven't read, but I've seen Painkiller start some interesting discussion threads. Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 am

Runicen wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Eh, maybe I've missed some big drama in threads I haven't read, but I've seen Painkiller start some interesting discussion threads.  Razz

Painkiller wrote:
Dave Mustaine needs to retire.

I just wondered how he would feel if I trashed his life's work (slagging of anyone who has been remotely successful in the music industry  lol!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Why? He's doing what he loves to do. He should keep going as long as he can. He's still putting out good material.
Everyone tells me that, but I'm not convinced otherwise. Just not feeling it at all with the last couple of albums. If you think the last album is actually good, then more power to you.
Runicen wrote:
I'm going to second the "Why?" on this.  The guy can still sing - even if his voice isn't what it once was - and he can still play the hell out of the guitar and write compelling material.  

Personally, I think most musicians should "retire" when they pop their clogs, but even if we're going to argue that there's a point where they're too old to hack it anymore, I'd say it would have to be when they aren't able to turn out anything more compelling than a covers album or re-recording of an old one or when they're simply physically incapable of bringing the thunder.

Where does Dave fall on that spectrum for you?
Oh, my opinion isn't exclusive to just MegaDave. I think a lot of those old bands should just go away, because they just don't have that much feeling left in their music anymore. Maybe follow the example of Grim Reaper. Besides, most of the money nowadays comes in from all that touring.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:02 am

Painkiller wrote:
Everyone tells me that, but I'm not convinced otherwise. Just not feeling it at all with the last couple of albums. If you think the last album is actually good, then more power to you.

I actually agree with that. United Abominations is the last record he put out that did a thing for me, but I wouldn't say that he should retire because he's still out there making his living and enough people still dig what he does, so my opinion is nothing more than that.

I still hold out hope that he gets a flash of inspiration and some great musicians and starts taking some risks with his music but I can just as easily accept that he's in his pension building stage of his life and will pump out crowd pleasers.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:26 am

Painkiller wrote:
Runicen wrote:
I'm going to second the "Why?" on this.  The guy can still sing - even if his voice isn't what it once was - and he can still play the hell out of the guitar and write compelling material.  

Personally, I think most musicians should "retire" when they pop their clogs, but even if we're going to argue that there's a point where they're too old to hack it anymore, I'd say it would have to be when they aren't able to turn out anything more compelling than a covers album or re-recording of an old one or when they're simply physically incapable of bringing the thunder.

Where does Dave fall on that spectrum for you?
Oh, my opinion isn't exclusive to just MegaDave. I think a lot of those old bands should just go away, because they just don't have that much feeling left in their music anymore. Maybe follow the example of Grim Reaper. Besides, most of the money nowadays comes in from all that touring.

We're also witnessing a really weird shift in the musical landscape for ALL genres. Back in the day, you made records, but they were kind of a novelty and more of an advertisement for your live show. Coming through the 70s and 80s in particular, the script got flipped and your tours were advertisements for your records.

At this point, you've got a lot of bands coming to terms with the fact that, while making records is what they do and know, the economic reality is that you make more money playing your stuff (new and old) live than you can hope to by recording it. I don't know if you can blame the bands for losing "feeling" on record. I think most examples you could come up with are still pretty relevant live even if you don't like their recent studio material. Personally, I'm more inclined to blame a reliance on studios and studio personnel who use very samey recording techniques band to band and who don't have the means or will to invest time in getting good PERFORMANCES out of the bands they're recording.

You're threatening to send me into a subject area that'll bring S.D. running into this thread like Kramer... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:47 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I still hold out hope that he gets a flash of inspiration and some great musicians and starts taking some risks with his music but I can just as easily accept that he's in his pension building stage of his life and will pump out crowd pleasers.
I used to do that, but I've since realized that it's just a waste of my time. There are way too many actively good bands out there for me to reserve adequate room for them anymore. They only get the benefit of being a sacred cow to me, and I'm not sorry for torching it.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 am

Painkiller wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
I used to do that, but I've since realized that it's just a waste of my time. There are way too many actively good bands out there for me to reserve adequate room for them anymore. They only get the benefit of being a sacred cow to me, and I'm not sorry for torching it.

As long as it's 100% Angus beef, count me in.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Again I agree, there are literally hundreds of bands that I'm feeling more than Megadeth in 2015 and they get my cash, but for plenty of others Megadeth are still completely relevant. Why should he quit because you and I don't really dig it any more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Again I agree, there are literally hundreds of bands that I'm feeling more than Megadeth in 2015 and they get my cash, but for plenty of others Megadeth are still completely relevant. Why should he quit because you and I don't really dig it any more?
Dry humor is my thing.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:25 am

Painkiller wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Why? He's doing what he loves to do. He should keep going as long as he can. He's still putting out good material.
I'll be the first to admit that Supercollider is pretty lackluster but albums like Endgame and Thirteen are still pretty solid for a guy that's been writing and touring for 30 some years. I guess it just boils down to personal preference really. If you had said James Hetfield needs to retire I would have agreed with you. Lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Megadeth have a countdown clock on their website that will reach zero this Friday (10.02.15)...

http://system.megadeth.com/

I guess we can assume a big announcement is forthcoming, like the album title, artwork and/or release date. The new single 'Fatal Illusion' is supposed to be released on Oct. 16th.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Cool. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 pm

A "countdown clock" you say? Is it a Countdown to Extinction?

Embarassed I couldn't help it. I'll show myself out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:31 pm

This is when Dave will announce they will not be releasing the album but instead are starting a kickstarter campaign to have Dave personally visit every fans house to play them the album from the sole existing copy on 8-track.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 am

S.D. wrote:
This is when Dave will announce they will not be releasing the album but instead are starting a kickstarter campaign to have Dave personally visit every fans house to play them the album from the sole existing copy on 8-track.

You know... I'd be ok with that. lol!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 3:21 pm

S.D. wrote:

I'll be fine with that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

It is going to be announced that the album is going to be called Dave Mustaine's Megadeth

The reasons for this album to be called "Dave Mustaine's Megadeth" are numerous

1. The album was completely written, arranged, performed, recorded and mixed by Dave Mustaine. He plays all the instruments and sings all the lead and backing vocals on the album. It was recorded at his home studio over a course of 15 months.

2. It avoids any confusion with spin-off bands like Megadeth 2 and points out the original songwriter and mastermind behind all the classic Megadeth albums is the only creative force at work on this release.

3. Megadeth. was always kind of a faceless thrash band in the US, the individual band members had no recognition with the general public. Since Megadeth. was always essentially "Dave Mustaine and his backing musicians" I personally think the new album just plainly states what was always really the truth. There are probably some people that only think of Mustaine as the original lead player in Metallica Dave deserves some name recognition for his 30+ years in the business, I'm happy that he's decided to put his name right there on the front cover.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Oh! I know what you're doing but I can't remember where it was done first. Ahhhh!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 am

the sentinel wrote:
Oh! I know what you're doing but I can't remember where it was done first. Ahhhh!!!

Just check out "ELO" thread in "Let The Music Do The Talking"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 11:44 am

I think it's kind of funny - not least of all because nobody honestly believes this stuff about Megadeth (at least, I'm pretty sure they don't) but because this is the kind of thing that people base wiki articles off of.

If I argued the point well enough in a forum or blog post, someone could write a book about Ringo as the only reason The Beatles existed.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 7:51 am

Runicen wrote:
I think it's kind of funny - not least of all because nobody honestly believes this stuff about Megadeth (at least, I'm pretty sure they don't) but because this is the kind of thing that people base wiki articles off of.

If I argued the point well enough in a forum or blog post, someone could write a book about Ringo as the only reason The Beatles existed.

I was just giving Detuned (S.D) the business ala Eddie Haskill. He usually only responds with a sentence or two about stuff that doesn't pertain to sound engineering or Steve Wilson.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 am

"giving the business"

More like "James being a dick".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:53 pm

New Megadeth...

From the upcoming album, RUMORED to be titled Dystopia. Jon Schaffer is not pleased. Evil or Very Mad

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 21 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next