Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:00 pm

The only thing I'm wondering at is Mustaine himself. I mean, have you seen pictures of the guy? He went from looking pretty well put together to looking like someone sucked the air out of him and he's not that old. I'm wondering if this time he's got more wrong with him than a bad back and neck.

There was also that mess of his mother-in-law going missing a month or two back. I'm not sure how that ever resolved.

Maybe he's just financially secure enough and having a hard time keeping up the energy or his health is packing it in. For a guy who was as badass of a drug user/abuser as he was for as LONG as he was, it'd be well overdue if he was in a position where the piper need to be paid.

Just speculation from my end, but it wouldn't shock me if the guys were tipped off that he was having a hard time and they left to give him some space to get himself together or to make a more permanent decision about the future.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Did they ever find Dave's mother-in-law? Maybe he's dealing with some shit.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It was plastered all over Facebook when they were looking. I have no idea if it ever resolved or how. He was looking pretty rough even before that though, so that's got me wondering.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm

As of a month ago she was still missing.

Runicen - you are right about Dave, he has aged greatly in the past couple of years.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:35 pm

I know that's something we dudes have to contend with - usually hitting a middle aged look and plateauing out for a decade and change before all of a sudden getting "OLD as $%#@," but Dave's swing happened way earlier than I would expect (is he even mid-50s?) and also a lot faster than I would have expected.

Again, pure speculation, but that speaks to me that either his health is getting bad all at once or that some really heavy personal stuff is taking it out of him.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Runicen - you are right about Dave, he has aged greatly in the past couple of years.

Past substance abuse is a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 2:49 pm

I found this on the brawewords.com board - a list of all the members of Megadeth:

Dave Mustaine – lead vocals, guitar (1983–2002, 2004–present)
David Ellefson – bass, backing vocals (1983–2002, 2010–present)

still at it

and these 18 gone

Gar Samuelson – drums (1984–1987)
Chris Poland – guitar (1984–1987)
Chuck Behler – drums (1987–1989)
Jeff Young – guitar (1987–1989)
Nick Menza – drums (1989–1998)
Marty Friedman – guitar (1990–2000)
Jimmy DeGrasso – drums (1998–2002)
Al Pitrelli – guitar (2000–2002)
Glen Drover – guitar (2004–2008)
James LoMenzo – bass (2006–2010)
James MacDonough Bass (2004-2006)
Shawn Drover – drums, percussion (2004–2014)
Chris Broderick – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2014)
Greg Hardevidt - Guitar 1983
Kerry King - Guitar - 1983-84
Dijon Carruthers - Drums - 1983
Lee Rauch - Drums - 1983-84
Mike Albert - Touring Guitarist - 1985

Now that's quite a list.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Such a revolving door of a band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:12 pm

That's an amazing list. I knew there were quite a few members but didn't realize it was so huge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Amazing. Megadeth has had more lineup changes than Yes...and Yes was around 15 years prior to Megadeth forming.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Amazing. Megadeth has had more lineup changes than Yes...and Yes was around 15 years prior to Megadeth forming.  

I half suspect Yes members stuck around because it's supposed to have operated as a semi-Democracy. They were waiting for the next election cycle to see if they could get their guy in. Laughing very hard

In Megadeth, election has YOU.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I was shocked the other day looking at Blaze Bayley's lineup change list. I think his may be longer than Yngwie's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Who cares?

Megadeth used to be a good band, but the last time they released a classic album was well over two decades ago. They really dropped the ball -- yet again -- on their last two albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 am

Painkiller wrote:
Who cares?

Megadeth used to be a good band, but the last time they released a classic album was well over two decades ago. They really dropped the ball -- yet again -- on their last two albums.

Megadeth is still a very good band.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 am

In my opinion megadeth is still a great band. From the system has failed onwards I think they've consistently delivered and I've loved every album, apart from super collider. I don't hate SC its just full of songs and a style i don't want to hear from megadeth.

I would even go as far as to say that TSHF up to 13 was as strong as the stuff iron maiden have put out since bruce returned.

The revolving door policy has never bothered me that much either as I've always seen megadeth as dave mustaine plus hired hands anyway. The one thing I've always liked and respected about mustaine is his choice of second guitar player. As much as i think mustaine is a great player himself i feel like he's always found a second player that is usually much better technically than himself. Considering his ego this has always surprised me. I am sad that broderick has left as i really enjoy his playing but i have faith that dave will replace him with another quality bit of talent.

When i first heard this news it was reported as musical differences being the reason they both left. My first thought was did they argue about the direction of the new album. Was mustaine trying to write another SC. Hoping for a more endgame vibe on the next platter.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:49 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Loomis should've waited 2 weeks and tried to audition for MEGADETH before deciding to jump into ARCH ENEMY.

For drums, I'd love to see them get Lombardo.  Even Portnoy would be cool.

Or for a young drummer, Carlos Cruz from WARBRINGER.

Or Jason Bittner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Megadeth is still a very good band.
Rust in Peace is where my interest in Megadeth ends. After that, they became quite lazy and uninspired. Megadeth barely thrashed on the aforementioned album, even. Also, Dave Mustaine's vocals went from uncomfortable to atrocious. Even James Hetfield can sing better.

They've become quite painfully yet another run-of-the-mill thrash metal band that can't ever reach for a single ounce of their glory days anymore. They're soon making their way to the bottom of the barrel for me.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Man, I adore the trio of Countdown, Youthanasia, and Cryptic Writings. Megadeth has a knack for hooks and melody. But the only album of theirs I'm not wild about is Risk--and even that has some good tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:22 pm

I think Megadeth has only had one major misstep and that is Risk. I'm not sure what the band was going for there but it wasn't very good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 pm

007 wrote:
I think Megadeth has only had one major misstep and that is Risk. I'm not sure what the band was going for there but it wasn't very good.

this is the only 'deth album I never bothered to get.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 5:50 pm

The latest album wasn't anywhere near as bad as Risk. But that said, it wasn't what people wanted to hear. If they had a full album of songs like Kingmaker, it would've been received a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 6:03 pm

I have a feeling that the next album will have no shortage of lyrical inspiration. It's been a rough week for Dave.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Megadeth's Facebook just reported a little while ago that her body was found last night, but didn't go into further details.

*edit* it's on Blabbermouth now too.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/body-of-megadeth-mainman-dave-mustaines-mother-in-law-may-have-been-found/

Damn. Mustaine is having the worst week ever.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Megadeth's Facebook just reported a little while ago that her body was found last night, but didn't go into further details.

*edit* it's on Blabbermouth now too.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/body-of-megadeth-mainman-dave-mustaines-mother-in-law-may-have-been-found/

Damn. Mustaine is having the worst week ever.

Saw that earlier. Sad. =(
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Who cares?

And you think all those female vocal bands are good? Give me a break. "Endgame" blows it out of the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 11 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next