Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

The Megadeth thread Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth rereleasing Hidden Treasures?   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 6:51 am

So I heard recently that Megadeth are finally rereleasing Hidden Treasures on 30th April (which really can only be a good thing as I've never seen it available anywhere in the UK). However, this was a pretty sudden discovery and all I could find out about it is that is has a few demo tracks (which appear to be demos that have been previously released on the remasters... what's the point?). Does anyone have any further information, for instance whether it's remastered or the same as the original?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 am

First I've heard of it.

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Apparently it's real;
http://www.101cd.com/detail.aspx?productid=1774984&dept=music&category=Metal%2FAlternative
I've seen it on a few other websites as well. Weird how quiet it's been.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 12:54 pm

Interesting, but not worth re-buying. I'll stick with my original copy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 12:56 pm

Go to Hell is one of the most underrated Megadeth songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Go to Hell is one of the most underrated Megadeth songs.
Agreed. "99 Ways To Die" and "Diadems" are also killer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 9:02 pm

"99 Ways To Die" is one of my all time favorite Deth tunes. I was glad when they released it on "Hidden Treasures" because then I didn't want to have to buy that stupid Beavis & Butthead album (on which it originally appeared) just for that one song.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"99 Ways To Die" is one of my all time favorite Deth tunes. I was glad when they released it on "Hidden Treasures" because then I didn't want to have to buy that stupid Beavis & Butthead album (on which it originally appeared) just for that one song.

There's some other good tunes on that album, though. I love "Bounce" by Run DMC—one of their best post-Tougher Than Leather tracks. And "I Am Hell" is a killer White Zombie tune. A few others are decent, too.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 6:16 am

"99 Ways to Die" is one of the tracks that helped me get into Megadeth. Such an awesome song. I also agree with "Go To Hell"'s underatedness.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 8:15 am

It's too bad they didn't see fit to include some other rarities one it like "Crown of Worms", "New World Order" or even the "Duke Nukem Theme".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 8:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

There's some other good tunes on that album, though. I love "Bounce" by Run DMC—one of their best post-Tougher Than Leather tracks. And "I Am Hell" is a killer White Zombie tune. A few others are decent, too.

I'm sure it's a decent album, but I always hated B&B so much that I couldn't bring myself to support them financially in any way, therefore I didn't want to buy that CD!! Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 9:35 am

This title will be released on May 1, 2007.

Amazon has it listed, but I don't think the track listing is correct yet. However, in the description they say that "New World Order" will be on the import reissue.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 10:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm sure it's a decent album, but I always hated B&B so much that I couldn't bring myself to support them financially in any way, therefore I didn't want to buy that CD!! Smile

As far as soundtrack/compilations albums go, it's pretty good. I can listen to it pretty much all the way through, except for the Sir-Mix-Alot tune. My one complaint is that you have to listen to that whole B&B bit with Anthrax before you get to the Anthrax song. Funny the 1st time, then it gets annoying.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 12:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's too bad they didn't see fit to include some other rarities one it like "Crown of Worms", "New World Order" or even the "Duke Nukem Theme".
Well Crown of Worms has since been released on the remasters (I think it was on Countdown), as has New World Order (on Youth, I believe) even though they're choosing to include that regardless. I agree though, something like the Duke Nukem Theme would have been far more fitting.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 12:48 pm

The Megadeth reissues bug me because they changed stuff, rerecorded parts, added new parts, etc. To me, that just sucks! They totally ruined "Into the Lungs of Hell" off So Far, So Good, So What. I'm keeping my originals.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 12:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Megadeth reissues bug me because they changed stuff, rerecorded parts, added new parts, etc. To me, that just sucks! They totally ruined "Into the Lungs of Hell" off So Far, So Good, So What. I'm keeping my originals.

Yep, I kept my originals too. I had no interest in hearing Dave's polished-up versions. It reminded me of when George Lucas remixed and added bits to his first three Star Wars movies. I was like "Why did you bother? They were just fine the way they were!"
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Interesting, but not worth re-buying. I'll stick with my original copy.
agreed

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yep, I kept my originals too. I had no interest in hearing Dave's polished-up versions. It reminded me of when George Lucas remixed and added bits to his first three Star Wars movies. I was like "Why did you bother? They were just fine the way they were!"

Hmm, interesting. I've heard in most cases the remasters were well received. What with me not being around first time, I've mainly bought the remastered versions only to hear the originals on occasion and I personally don't see the huge deal. Admittedly the rerecording of a few vocals on RIP is a little weird, but I'd personally say the remaster sounds better - possibly just because that's what I first had experience with though. One remaster I do dislike, whilst not strictly Megadeth, is the MD.45 one - removing Lee Ving's vocals and harmonica parts and replacing it with Dave and some simple guitar just makes it sound like a bad Megadeth record.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Smindas wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Hmm, interesting. I've heard in most cases the remasters were well received. What with me not being around first time, I've mainly bought the remastered versions only to hear the originals on occasion and I personally don't see the huge deal. Admittedly the rerecording of a few vocals on RIP is a little weird, but I'd personally say the remaster sounds better - possibly just because that's what I first had experience with though. One remaster I do dislike, whilst not strictly Megadeth, is the MD.45 one - removing Lee Ving's vocals and harmonica parts and replacing it with Dave and some simple guitar just makes it sound like a bad Megadeth record.

I haven't heard the re-masters, but like Freddy, I don't see the point in tampering with them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Early Megadeth was the soundtrack to my high school years, so any attempt to make it "better" is flirting with disaster.

As for the MD.45, I vaugley remember hearing the original from a friend and not thinking much of it. Getting the new version with Dave singing was like getting a whole new Megadeth album to me, which is just fine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I haven't heard the re-masters, but like Freddy, I don't see the point in tampering with them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Early Megadeth was the soundtrack to my high school years, so any attempt to make it "better" is flirting with disaster.

Aaaaaa-MEN! I feel the same way. I grew up listening to Deth and therefore I'd had all the Megadeth CDs already for many years. Maybe to Dave Mustaine they sounded like they needed touching up, but I always thought they were all A-OK just the way they were. You don't tamper with classics!!

Twisted Sister had the right idea when they decided to re-record STAY HUNGRY, they released it as the STILL HUNGRY album, rather than taking the original STAY HUNGRY out of circulation and attempting to replace the "old" version, their re-do stands as a companion piece to the original.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:37 pm

The remasters I've heard sounded great. My only complaint (and its a big one for me) are the new vocals on "5 Magics". It totally ruined the song for me. Other than that, I think the remasters sound awesome.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

I hated what they did to "Into the Lungs of Hell" off So Far, So Good, So What. Adding in all those odd effects and horns ruined the song for me.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 5:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I hated what they did to "Into the Lungs of Hell" off So Far, So Good, So What. Adding in all those odd effects and horns ruined the song for me.
I've not heard the remasters...but...horns? surprised
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I've not heard the remasters...but...horns? surprised

Yup. TrogDawn and I compared them one day. It takes away some of the raw energy and aggression that opening has.

ult
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 6:26 am

SFSGSW is the only 'Deth album I have the original of. I'll have to listen to the remaster at some point because horns sound... odd.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 1 of 42Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next