Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth Re-issues

Go down 
+9
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Smindas
INVADERS
mc666
GrandNational
spiritoradio
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 2:08 am

A few years back Dave Mustaine re-issued all of Megadeth's catalog as you all know, but what did/do you guys think about it? I like the bonus tracks, but the music on some tracks are different, like the entire intro to Sweating Bullets for instance. I like the fact that they are remastered, but don't change the music IMO. And don't even get me started on Killing is My Business... but I know that Dave didn't remaster that one himself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 2:20 am

Never had the originals, so I can't tell.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 4:09 am

i never had the reissues, so i can't tell. generally speaking, i agree with you though. it's cool to add extra stuff, but don't f*ck with the original material. including the artwork.

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 5:36 am

The re-issues are cool, Some nice bonus tracks and cool booklets wit new photos and info.

So of the re-mastering wasn't called for, like resinging take No Prisoners and readding backing vocals on holy Wars.

But they're all still pretty good

i have both the originals and remasters
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:39 am

I actually only have the remasters and my first Megadeth experiences were with them (except on some occasions) so I'm probably going to be quite biased towards them. I generally think most of the changes are negligible and whilst arguably don't add anything to the songs, they don't really take anything away either. Plus the actual remastering is pretty decent. A lot of the extra tracks are very cool as well, so really I'm pretty pro-remaster.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:38 am

I never bothered with the reissues cuz I had all the original CDs already...

I didn't like the idea that Dave re-recorded certain guitar parts and vocal bits for the "remasters", either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:57 am

Some stuff bugs me. The keyboards added to the opening of "So Far So
Good, So What" reallly bug me and make the song less heavy. I wish he
would have just remastered, rather than remixing and in some cases,
rerecording. I own the originals and probably won't buy the re-issues.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 10:14 am

As far as I'm aware, the only vocal additions/edits were on Rust In Peace because Dave lost the vocal tracks for a few songs and had to redo them. Unless you count MD.45, in which Dave rerecorded everything Lee Ving did from vocals to harmonica resulting in a poor version of the original CD.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 11:05 am

mc666 wrote:
i never had the reissues, so i can't tell. generally speaking, i agree with you though. it's cool to add extra stuff, but don't f*ck with the original material. including the artwork.

Same here. I'll stick with my originals.
Back to top Go down

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Smindas wrote:
As far as I'm aware, the only vocal additions/edits were on Rust In Peace because Dave lost the vocal tracks for a few songs and had to redo them. Unless you count MD.45, in which Dave rerecorded everything Lee Ving did from vocals to harmonica resulting in a poor version of the original CD.
I never much liked the original CD aside from one or two songs. This thread has actually made me want to buy the reissues! Haha. Most of the bonus material I already own on singles and such, so the reissues didn't much appeal to me. But knowing that they're different actually makes them seem worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I never much liked the original CD aside from one or two songs. This thread has actually made me want to buy the reissues! Haha. Most of the bonus material I already own on singles and such, so the reissues didn't much appeal to me. But knowing that they're different actually makes them seem worth picking up.
you never liked Rust In Peace, or never liked MD.45?

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:57 pm

Smindas wrote:
As far as I'm aware, the only vocal additions/edits
were on Rust In Peace because Dave lost the vocal tracks for a few
songs and had to redo them. Unless you count MD.45, in which Dave
rerecorded everything Lee Ving did from vocals to harmonica resulting
in a poor version of the original CD.

If you listen to Into the Lungs of Hell, something has been added that
wasn't there before. Some sort of keyboardy, orchestral crap that makes
the song less heavy. Trog and I listened to both trying to figure out
if it was in the original and just buried in the mix and we couldn't
hear it at all.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:24 pm

The thing that sucks is that the only place you can buy the originals, with the exception of maybe Amazon.com, are in used cd stores and all the used stores in my town suck soooooooooooooooooooooooo... bad that it is not even funny. When you go to any Best Buy or Wal-Mart all you find is the re-masters and that sucks. When the re-masters were just starting to come out they still had the originals too in stores, but I fell for the extra tracks and re-mixing crap and bought the re-masters, now I wish I would've picked up the originals instead. Mad
Back to top Go down

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
you never liked Rust In Peace, or never liked MD.45?
MD 45. Sorry. Should have separated those thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 5:46 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
The thing that sucks is that the only place you can buy the originals, with the exception of maybe Amazon.com, are in used cd stores and all the used stores in my town suck soooooooooooooooooooooooo... bad that it is not even funny. When you go to any Best Buy or Wal-Mart all you find is the re-masters and that sucks. When the re-masters were just starting to come out they still had the originals too in stores, but I fell for the extra tracks and re-mixing crap and bought the re-masters, now I wish I would've picked up the originals instead. Mad

The originals are cheap as hell now though on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 5:54 pm

Dave should keep the originals of the albums in print as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
The originals are cheap as hell now though on Amazon.

I'm swearing off the re-masters and re-buying all the originals. Thanks for the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:45 am

mc666 wrote:

i think Risk was the only one that had new artwork oh yes and killing as well but i have the original cover on my copy. apart from killing i have all the remasters and the bonus studio tracks are good but they are mostly demos and are boring. i aint so bothered if he chnged stuff cos i dont know wht the oroignials were like
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 11:57 am

I don't have any of the re-issues, but I've considered picking up Risk. I've heard the new mix was made to make it less "alt-pop" sounding. Any real difference?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:02 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I don't have any of the re-issues, but I've considered picking up Risk. I've heard the new mix was made to make it less "alt-pop" sounding. Any real difference?

You can't polish a turd, as they say. In other words, don't get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:52 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I was gonna say something similar. Haha. But Risk isn't as bad as some say. It's not great by any means, not even all that good, but definitely not bad. There are a few really good tunes, though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:07 pm

TheGooch wrote:
mc666 wrote:

i think Risk was the only one that had new artwork oh yes and killing as well but i have the original cover on my copy. apart from killing i have all the remasters and the bonus studio tracks are good but they are mostly demos and are boring. i aint so bothered if he chnged stuff cos i dont know wht the oroignials were like

I like the new cover on "Killing is My Business..." It was actually the cover that Dave wanted for the first album. Trog had a photograph of almost that exact same image from a Megadeth show at Ruthie's Inn, Berkeley, CA 11-3-1984.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:50 pm

The intro to Into the Lungs of Hell is the same. He just brought the Synthesizer horns out louder on the re-issue.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I was gonna say something similar. Haha. But Risk isn't as bad as some say. It's not great by any means, not even all that good, but definitely not bad. There are a few really good tunes, though.

Thanks for the tip, RF!

But I do agree with Eyesore. Risk has a bad rap, but I enjoyed 'Breadline', 'Crush 'Em', 'Insomnia', 'Prince of Darkness', 'Wanderlust', and 'I'll Be There'. Definitely gets a thumbs up from me based on those songs. But it's just not how I *prefer* my Megadeth albums though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:29 am

Risk is good so long as you just completely ignore the fact it's Megadeth. The same applies to Cryptic Writings, although less explicitly.

Megadeth Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Re-issues   Megadeth Re-issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth Re-issues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next