Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth to Prepare

Go down 
+12
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
Tall Tyrion
Orion Crystal Ice
mc666
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
akeldama
ThrashedOutCobra33
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Megadeth to Prepare Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm

''MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has revealed in an online posting that acclaimed British producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, EXODUS, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD) will fly over to Southern California on September 8 to "tweak some last-minute stuff" at Mustaine's new recording studio before returning again at the end of the month, presumably to helm the recording sessions for the group's new album.

Sneap produced MEGADETH's last album, "United Abominations", which came out in May 2007 via Roadrunner Records. Mustaine previously stated about working with Andy, "We'd been working with Jeff Balding, who does a great job. But we knew we needed something else to give the material that extra push, so we brought in Andy. It was cool because he isn't like some big rock-star producer. He was just another Joe to me. So we were trading jokes and laughing and it was fun. My sense of humour is pretty close to a British one, so we worked well together. Also, Andy told me I was the reason that he got into playing metal in the first place, which was really flattering."

MEGADETH's forthcoming album will be the group's first with guitarist Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER), who replaced Glen Drover at the end of last year. ''
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Man I can't wait til this one comes out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:30 pm

I liked very much United Abominations.... Can't wait for this new one!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm

This seems like a pretty quick follow-up. I hope they take the time to get this right because I was disappointed by UA and thought it was a big step down from TSHF. Even though it was heavier, the songwriting was worse and the soloing was less inspired IMHO.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
This seems like a pretty quick follow-up. I hope they take the time to get this right because I was disappointed by UA and thought it was a big step down from TSHF. Even though it was heavier, the songwriting was worse and the soloing was less inspired IMHO.

I thought the lyrics were a lot more Scripture inspired on UA but that's why I like it so much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Cool. Always looking forward to new Megadeth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:49 pm

I was hoping this thread title was followed by "......to stop making albums that stink."
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I was hoping this thread title was followed by "......to stop making albums that stink."

Eat a turd,Spec angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:20 pm

I was expecting something like...

"Megadeth to Prepare Their Favorite Steak Recipes on Rachael Ray's Show"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I was expecting something like...

"Megadeth to Prepare Their Favorite Steak Recipes on Rachael Ray's Show"

Coming up...Killing is My Business...And Business is DEEEEEE-LICIOUS!!

EDIT: I was lookng at Ult's site for song titles and I saw this under the Youthanasia review:

Quote :
9. "Have Cook Will Travel" (3:25)

Maybe they are doing cooking shows lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:49 pm

even Andy Sneap can't make turds smell better.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:40 pm

..and business is delish. DELISH!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:07 pm

I though UA was a step UP from TSHF (both great, though). Looking forward to this. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Don't worry, he won't rush into the studio for at least another month. Dave will follow his usual practice.

1. Wait until the new Metallica record comes out
2. Write songs that sound as much like it as humanly possible
3. Then he'll rush into the studio and hastily record it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Still waiting for that "St. Anger" ripoff album. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 pm

I really do think its pretty sad that he still holds the grudge against Lars and James, but I suppose that's a inferiority complex that he has. That's the same why I still hate TT.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm in line to buy it already!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Still waiting for that "St. Anger" ripoff album. Wink

Sadly, the tapes were lost in a mysterious studio fire that is still unsolved. Someone bearing a striking resemblance to Lars was seen in the vicinity at the time (carrying a snare drum and a 5 gallon container of gasoline), but police were unable to investigate further as Lars had an alibi; he was at a local art gallery trying to find more paintings to purchase and then sell to increase his already substantial wealth. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Silly me, I thought Lars was using the 5 gallon gasoline can as a snare drum.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I really do think its pretty sad that he still holds the grudge against Lars and James, but I suppose that's a inferiority complex that he has. That's the same why I still hate TT.

You know you love me. Cool

Besides who doesn't hate Lars? Why should Dave be any different than the rest of us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Nope, that was one of those really large Folgers cans they sell at Costco.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 pm

detuned wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

Nope, that was one of those really large Folgers cans they sell at Costco.

With a crackerjack's prize, inside no doubt. That explains why Lars thought that drum tone sounded good. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 pm

True dat on the Lars hate. He's just a joke these days. Guaranteed within the next decade Mustaine and Lars do something musically together.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Guaranteed within the next decade Mustaine and Lars do something musically together.

Yep. Right around May 21st, 2011, just in time for the rapture. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth to Prepare
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next