Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 pm

It's nice he seemed to take it in stride. Not his usual.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 2:46 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeth-dave-mustaine-inteviewed-on-klos-frosty-heidi-frank-audio/

Last August, Mustaine told a fan on Twitter that he hoped he had "two more" MEGADETH albums in him before calling it quits.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 3:28 pm

I too am happy that megadeth won the award in the metal category, not some useless mallcore band.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Quote :
Last August, Mustaine told a fan on Twitter that he hoped he had "two more" MEGADETH albums in him before calling it quits.

I think that number likely doubled on November 8th.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:42 pm

I doubt he is done until he can't play.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 10:24 pm

Megadeth are still going strong. I am sure they will be around for a while.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 1:23 am

The newest album is one of the best albums they put out in a very long time. I say it's the best album since rust in peace. Hope they can keep it up for a long time to come. As long as they can still play the music without hurting the integrity of the bands reputation for speed and technicality.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:46 pm

I say Endgame is their best post-Rust in Peace album, but I really liked Dystopia as well. It made my 2016 Top 10.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I say Endgame is their best post-Rust in Peace album, but I really liked Dystopia as well. It made my 2016 Top 10.

Yeah Endgame was pretty good too, but it took me a few listens for it to grow on me, and Dystonia hit me right from the first listen.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Almost all of their recent albums are neck and neck for me. The only one that never grew on me is United Abominations.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 pm

That's interesting, UA is a great album imo.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Apparently Megadeth will be opening for the Scorpions in the fall. Dates still TBA:

http://bravewords.com/news/scorpions-to-embark-on-crazy-world-us-tour-with-special-guests-megadeth-first-date-announced

It's an interesting pairing to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:56 pm

I thought Scorps didn't tour anymore. surprised
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 pm

They said they were having too much fun on the "farewell tour" to call it quits and they have done at least one major U.S. tour subsequently (the one with Queensryche).
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:00 am

Not too surprised. It's a little surprising 'deth opens for them as i'd think they have more sales at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 am

I'm glad they are still touring, but I really get tired of bands saying they are calling it quits, then go on for another ten years. I went to the Kiss farewell tour in 1997? Or earlier. I went to Ozzys retirement sucks tour around the same time period. I know why they doing it, because it's a good way to boost ticket sales. I forgive Scorpions because I hope they are being honest, but then again I question their integrity at the same time. They've been touring for forty years, but the tour that they were retiring on was so much fun they just couldn't bring themselves to retire now? Seems a bit strange to me, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am

Love Megadeth

I havent heard Dystopia yet but post Rust in Peace mine would be either System Has Failed, UA or 13.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 am

Addy wrote:
Love Megadeth

I havent heard Dystopia yet but post Rust in Peace mine would be either System Has Failed, UA or 13.

I like Dystopia but it just doesn't carry its momentum throughout. I have all the available versions and made it into one album so maybe that's why but even then I just don't think it stands up to most of the Megadeth canon. Easily a lower-tier album for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm

glassprison wrote:
Apparently Megadeth will be opening for the Scorpions in the fall. Dates still TBA:

http://bravewords.com/news/scorpions-to-embark-on-crazy-world-us-tour-with-special-guests-megadeth-first-date-announced

It's an interesting pairing to say the least.

SCORPIONS 2017 North American tour dates:

Sep. 14 - Reading, PA - Santander Arena
Sep. 16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Sep. 19 - Laval, QC - Place Bell (no MEGADETH; support to be announced)
Sep. 22 - Toronto, ONT - Budweiser Stage Amphitheater
Sep. 23 - Chicago, IL - All State Arena (no MEGADETH; support to be announced)
Sep. 26 - Denver, CO - 1st Bank Center
Sep. 29 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena
Sep. 30 - Seattle, WA - Tacoma Dome
Oct. 03 - Reno, NV - Grand Sierra Resort
Oct. 04 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
Oct. 07 - Los Angeles - The Forum
Oct. 08 - Phoenix, AZ - Talking Stick Arena
Oct. 11 - San Antonio, TX - Freeman Coliseum
Oct. 12 - Dallas, TX - Pavilion at The Music Factory
Oct. 14 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
Oct. 15 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm

I saw the dates earlier today, I definitely plan on seeing the Oct 14th show in Ft. Lauderdale. I've NEVER seen the Scorpions and haven't seen Megadeth since the summer of 2000!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Not too surprised. It's a little surprising 'deth opens for them as i'd think they have more sales at the moment.

I think maybe Dave just likes to occasionally tour with legendary acts. A few years ago, I saw Megadeth open for the Heaven & Hell (aka Sabbath w/Dio) tour. I don't think he minds playing second fiddle to those he deems "worthy". Smile

They opened up for Aerosmith a few years ago too, but if memory serves, that was a disaster and they quit or were fired (depending who you ask) after a few shows.

It probably takes some of the pressure off, not being the headliner and dealing with all the logistics of a tour. Opening act? Just show up and play, get paid, move on.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Good point. Now, can I get over to Seattle for that show?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Yay, the nearest show near me is over a 4 hour drive.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

They opened up for Aerosmith a few years ago too, but if memory serves, that was a disaster and they quit or were fired (depending who you ask) after a few shows.

"Megadeth was kicked off Aerosmith's U.S. tour after just seven dates due to the comment made by Mustaine that "We don't have much time to play because Aerosmith don't have much time left to live." was deemed offensive to Aerosmith" wrote:

Yup! Dave had a Dave moment! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Dave Mustaine has Lyme disease

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dave-mustaine-lyme-disease/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 31 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next