Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage

The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
And you think all those female vocal bands are good?  Give me a break.  "Endgame" blows it out of the water.
If I didn't think they were good, then they wouldn't have been on my list to begin with. Laughing very hard

Endgame only has one or two songs that I like. Everything else is filler.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 10:43 pm

HERE is the new lineup!

http://overthetopmetalnews.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/dave-mustaine-and-dave-ellefson-recruit-peter-criss-and-ace-frehley-to-form-kiss-of-deth/
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 am

Painkiller wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
And you think all those female vocal bands are good?  Give me a break.  "Endgame" blows it out of the water.
If I didn't think they were good, then they wouldn't have been on my list to begin with. Laughing very hard

Endgame only has one or two songs that I like. Everything else is filler.

Uh .... yeah. That's why I said it.

Pretty much everything every female-fronted metal band has ever recorded is filler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:23 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Uh .... yeah.  That's why I said it.

Pretty much everything every female-fronted metal band has ever recorded is filler.
I still don't get what female-fronted metal bands have to do with Megadeth. There was no reason to even bring them up.

That's pretty dumb, dude.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:17 am

Painkiller wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I still don't get what female-fronted metal bands have to do with Megadeth. There was no reason to even bring them up.

It lets us all know how you define quality metal. So it should be weighed along with what you think about recent Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:40 am

I love it when we start defining "quality" in music. It's so very very pointless.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:50 am

News on Dave's Mother In Law... Now I'm waiting for the Dateline episode.

https://www.facebook.com/davemustaine/posts/825703660804179
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Did they ever find Dave's mother-in-law? Maybe he's dealing with some shit.

Megadeth's Facebook just reported a little while ago that her body was found last night, but didn't go into further details.

*edit* it's on Blabbermouth now too.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/body-of-megadeth-mainman-dave-mustaines-mother-in-law-may-have-been-found/

Damn. Mustaine is having the worst week ever.

Saw that earlier. Sad. =(

That's crazy that she was only a half mile from the site from where she went missing. All those people and over a month to find her? Sad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It lets us all know how you define quality metal.  So it should be weighed along with what you think about recent Megadeth.

There's no such thing as female-fronted metal.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It lets us all know how you define quality metal.  So it should be weighed along with what you think about recent Megadeth.

EXCEPT the greatest female Megadeth-type band ICE AGE (from Sweden)
Jerkoff manager guy RUINED it all for all of us in the underground scene, hoping there would be an LP.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Troublezone wrote:
If they had a full album of songs like Kingmaker, it would've been received a lot better.

Yeah, an album full of Black Sabbath covers would have been pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:34 am

Listened to Super Collider the other day for the first time and I didn't find it as bad as people are saying, although it sounded as they were on autopilot. But as I'm listening to Rust in Peace right now, SC sounds like the biggest turd around Very Happy

Anyhow, I hope Dave hires somebody with fresh ideas, so they can finally produce something less dull (they've been struggling with mediocrity ever since Marty left, in my humble opinion).
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 pm

I bought "Rust In Peace" - arrived in mail yesterday -
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:57 pm

You can't go far with Rust in Piece. I was playing Acid Reign and bands like that when it came out, this album reminds me of those classic times. I don't think it's Megadeth's fault for not getting me all fired up - I just like a certain period of this type of music.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 6:33 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
If they had a full album of songs like Kingmaker, it would've been received a lot better.

Yeah, an album full of Black Sabbath covers would have been pretty cool.

There's nothing wrong with being inspired by Sabbath... but what I really meant was the overall heavier sound and tempo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:35 am

For what it's worth, Junior assured the fans that Megadeth will soldier on...

Quote :
Bassist tells fans they’re “looking at all the options” after Broderick and Drover quit
Megadeth will keep going following the departure of Chris Broderick and Glen Drover, says David Ellefson.

He made the commitment during a fan club question-and-answer session last night. It’s the first comment from within the band, which currently only features the bassist and mainman Dave Mustaine.

Ellefson told fans: “As you can tell by me being here today, we are not disbanding. As of right now we’re looking at all the options, of which there are many.

“We’ll certainly continue working on the songs for the next record. Thank you for all your kind words, concerns and support for us.”

He refused to be drawn over the pair’s departure, saying only that they’d left for “personal reasons” and they’d done what they felt was right.

So that's something I guess.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 am

For what it's worth, Mustaine's son posted some video of Ellefson jamming with an unseen drummer, claiming it's the new drummer in Megadeth.

The 2 most popular rumors right now are that Nick Menza is back or that it's Tony Laureano (ex Nile, 1349, lotsa others), who was Drover's drum tech since 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Laureano

What do ya think?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:15 am

Both those guys are great drummers. Laureano makes sense.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 am

Never had any doubt they would continue on.

Nice that Megadeth are keeping their mouth shut about the other leaving for a change rather than bad mouthing them or spreading rumors. Good on ya Dave and Dave.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Me likey Laureano

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Uh, yeah there is, no clue what on earth you're talking about.

Anyways here's hoping Megadeth bounces back.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:56 pm

James B. wrote:
Me likey Laureano

Yeah, it would be a good fit both ways.

His drumming with NILE was underrated. He wasn't the fastest drummer they've had but he had style.

I saw him perform here playing with ANGELCORPSE.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:34 pm

I'm not familiar with this Laureano guy, but judging from some of his work I've watched on YouTube, he'd be a helluva addition to Megadeth. A guy like that could really give them a kick in the ass.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:30 pm

I don't think this Laureano guy will put up with any Super Collider BS, so hopefully they bring him aboard.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 5:03 pm

No additions to MEGADETH will have any say at all. They should know that going in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 12 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next