Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 5:03 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
I don't think this Laureano guy will put up with any Super Collider BS, so hopefully they bring him aboard.

My guess would be that he'll play whatever Dave pays him to play. Let's hope this signals a change in direction back to thrash.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Megadone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
There's no such thing as female-fronted metal.
Uh...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17610-female-fronted-rock-metal
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:52 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
No additions to MEGADETH will have any say at all.  They should know that going in.

Agreed. Anyone joining the band at this point should be aware of the situation and know they are hired guns. That being said, however, if this Laueano guy is being considered for the position, Dave must be aware of his playing abilities and would want to use him in the fullest capacity.

You don't hire a Mike Portenoy and force him to play like a Peter Criss. That's just silly.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Megadone.

Maybe if they get a female vocalist it will reignite your passion for them.

Because that's what really makes metal great.

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:39 pm

I dreamed that Dave went full circle back to Metallica. Somehow in my dream Kirk Hammett got fired.
The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Yri59nd
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:42 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
I dreamed that Dave went full circle back to Metallica. Somehow in my dream Kirk Hammett got fired.

I think that Mustaine has that same dream lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Agreed with you. I also feel the same about Temple of Blood's vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:35 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Megadone.

Your distaste for women in metal music is really disturbing dude!

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:56 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I lol'd. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

Dave Mustaine sent out this cryptic message via his official Twitter earlier today:

"I wish Megadeth fans could know what is going on right now ...  you would be very happy."

Release the hounds! Let the rumor mill go nuts with fanboy guesses and theories about what he means!! Here's mine:

(ala Dana Carvey's "Church Lady") Could it beeeeeeeeeeee.... a reunion of the Rust In Peace lineup for a tour? 2015 *is* that album's 25th anniversary year, after all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:21 am

Maybe they found Chuck Behler!? Razz

Nick Menza has been pretty vocal lately on social media about having no problem re-joining the group. The only odd-man out is Marty. From what I've gathered, he seems pretty content doing his own thing and being a J-pop star. That'd be a pretty big "get".

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:23 am

Quote :
The only odd-man out is Marty. From what I've gathered, he seems pretty content doing his own thing and being a J-pop star. That'd be a pretty big "get".

Marty (ala Krusty the Klown): "They drove a DUMP TRUCK full of yen up to my front door! I'm not made of stone!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
The only odd-man out is Marty. From what I've gathered, he seems pretty content doing his own thing and being a J-pop star. That'd be a pretty big "get".

Marty (ala Krusty the Klown): "They drove a DUMP TRUCK full of yen up to my front door! I'm not made of stone!"

lol!

One problem with that theory. Does MegaDave have a dump truck full of yen to lure him back? I'm sure Nick's willing to play for airfare and craft services.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Menza mentioned some big plans coming up, so he might be the new drummer. I don't really give a crap either way. To me, the only essential member of Megadeth is Mustaine, so I couldn't care less about the other band members.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm kinda hoping it's not a reunion. I'd like to see some really talented younger players get some attention. I think the revolving lineups are fun.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm kinda hoping it's not a reunion.  I'd like to see some really talented younger players get some attention.  I think the revolving lineups are fun.

I don't think Friedman would come back. Hasn't he made it clear he had no interest? I thought so. Then again, didn't Dave say getting Nick and Marty back in the band would be like putting rotten teeth back in your mouth? Haha.

I'm all for people mending relationships and such, so if they can make it work, more power to them.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:08 am

I'd like to see Jeff Young return to the band, it's a shame he didn't last very long(according to "Behind the Music" Dave abruptly fired him one day when his drug habit made him paranoid that Jeff was having an affair with his girlfriend).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 6:08 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm kinda hoping it's not a reunion.  I'd like to see some really talented younger players get some attention.  I think the revolving lineups are fun.

To each their own, but a revolving door involving band lineups ultimately doesn't breed success. Megadeth has had a really nice career, but think what this band could have been like with some stability. When they did have that stability from 90-97, they had their most success.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Great news to my ears !
"Right now I'm focused on writing and demoing songs with [fellow former MEGADETH members] Chris Poland [guitar] and James Lomenzo [bass]."
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-mustaine-megadeth-fans-would-be-very-happy-to-know-what-is-going-on-right-now/

Vexer6 wrote:
I'd like to see Jeff Young return to the band, it's a shame he didn't last very long(according to "Behind the Music" Dave abruptly fired him one day when his drug habit made him paranoid that Jeff was having an affair with his girlfriend).
Doesn't look likely. Jeff still has a grudge ?
http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/December/ts02Former_Megadeth_Guitarist_Says_Band_Is_Done.shtml
http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-12-02/megadeth-is-done-says-ex-jeff-young
Asked on Facebook whether he'd consider going back, Young says: "I have zero interest in 'the Megadeth situation.' The band is done. Put a fork in it."
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Cool to see Chris returning.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Glad to hear that Chris Poland is returning! I always loved his playing.

There is zero chance that Jeff Young would ever work with Dave Mustaine again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Writing on his Facebook page, Menza said: "Like I have said in the past, I don't rule out rejoining MEGADETH and the opportunity would be totally cool. I'm open to whatever could possibly happen. That's up to Dave. Right now I'm focused on writing and demoing songs with [fellow former MEGADETH members] Chris Poland [guitar] and James Lomenzo [bass]."

Nick Menza is the one writing stuff with Chris Poland and Lomenzo... not Mustaine.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Writing on his Facebook page, Menza said: "Like I have said in the past, I don't rule out rejoining MEGADETH and the opportunity would be totally cool. I'm open to whatever could possibly happen. That's up to Dave. Right now I'm focused on writing and demoing songs with [fellow former MEGADETH members] Chris Poland [guitar] and James Lomenzo [bass]."

Nick Menza is the one writing stuff with Chris Poland and Lomenzo... not Mustaine.

Oops! I totally misinterpreted that. Ha!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Chris Poland I can get behind, his metallic-fusion work I find far more interesting than anything Megadeth has done for the past 24 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 13 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next