Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Smindas wrote:
I never really cared that much for Glen Drover, so Chris Broderick is a welcome change. Incredibly talented guitarist, nails every note live. However, having seen him both with Megadeth and Nevermore, I really wish he was still in the latter. He seemed so much better suited for Nevermore.

I wonder who nevermore is going to get to replace him, maybe steve smyth again? I thought he did a great job in nevermore.

Jeff Loomis And Steve Smyth Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Yeah, Smyth was a great choice for Nevermore. I'd love to see him back in as well.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 pm

I thought Glen did a decent job with 'deth, I wasn't sure if he could pull it but he surprised me. Maybe they'll get around to another Eidolon release.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm

The Megadeth thread - Page 8 3964628432

Theres the full version of what Trog wanted to see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 pm

RELEASE DATE: September ’09 (tentative)

NUMBER OF SONGS: 11 (12 for Japan)

CONFIRMED SONG TITLES:

Bite The Hand That Feeds
The Hardest Part Of Letting Go
This Day We Fight
“- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - “

TENTATIVE SONG TITLES:

El Pistolero Solo
How The Story Ends
Minuteman (Hornet F--k)
The Bodies Left Behind (previously recorded)

AN insrtumental in the vein of Into The Lungs Of Hell

"Some stuff is similar to the New Wave of British Heavy Metal."

"There's one [new riff] that's a real plodding metal riff [reminiscent of] Judas Priest's 'Metal Gods.'"
YouTube - judas priest-metal gods

YouTube - judas priest-metal gods

"[One of the songs intros] is a lot like the beginning to ‘Blood of Heroes’ meets the beginning of ‘Making Music’ by Diamond Head.” YouTube - Diamond Head - Makin' Music

YouTube - Diamond Head - Makin' Music

"It's more along the lines of the middle of Rust in Peace and the middle of Countdown [to Extinction]."

“I can without a doubt say that there is a song on here that is somewhat like ‘Poison Was The Cure.’ There seems to be a 'color' around this song that is reminiscent of the flair and energy from that period.”

“The record starts out with an instrumental that is very much like ‘Into The Lungs Of Hell.’”

“As I type Shawn is in going over old riffs and comparing stuff to 'KIMB' to make sure that we aren't copying ourselves.”

"[One song begins with] weird chords [reminiscent of those] at the beginning of 'Looking Down the Cross' played predominantly on the high strings."

“I have to say that the energy and musical vein is from the period you have all been requesting.”

“I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS RUST IN PEACE.2!”

“It is not going to be a speed metal/thrash metal record from 1980's, 1990's, or even the 2000's.”

“Every one of the songs has one or more of the strong points of me as a guitarist being showcased instead of me writing songs for radio - radio that won't play us anyway.”

“Some songs are long for the sake of being long and need to be addressed.”

“[Four of the songs have] fast and slow elements in each.”

“Except the songs that are intentionally slower in certain parts, this is a rather jaunty little record.”

"[The new album contains] stuff that's melodic like nobody's business, stuff that's heavier than hell, and stuff that's a combination of both."

“[Some songs have] acoustic layers.”

“What you heard on the 'Fan Club' file, that some D.B. let most of you hear, was JUST A DEMO TAPE.”

"'1,320' is a song about drag racing."

"[This Day We Fight] was influenced by the Lord of the Rings."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 pm

If it actually sounds like described, i'll be a very happy camper.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:08 pm

Minuteman will not be on the album, but a song called "Nothing Left To Lose But My Mind" will be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 pm

With a 'tenative' date of September, it's too early to start getting excited about a new Megadeth album. 6 months is too long to build up anticpation. No album could live up to those expectations. Remind me to get excited again in August. The Megadeth thread - Page 8 811939

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
With a 'tenative' date of September, it's too early to start getting excited about a new Megadeth album. 6 months is too long to build up anticpation. No album could live up to those expectations. Remind me to get excited again in August. The Megadeth thread - Page 8 811939

When you have a personal news outlet almost exclusively dedicated to your band (Blabbermouth), they can't help but jump the gun a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:00 am

i wonder what the chances are of them putting out a thrash album this time around, rather than that boring melodic traditional metal they've been doing since Countdown? Dave just hasn't had it right since 1990.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:41 am

Well, if Dave has listened to Death Magnetic there's probably a good chance they'll try to do something more "back to basics". After all, 'Deth has been following in Metallica's footsteps since day one.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:36 am

detuned wrote:
Well, if Dave has listened to Death Magnetic there's probably a good chance they'll try to do something more "back to basics". After all, 'Deth has been following in Metallica's footsteps since day one.

Not since The World Needs A Hero.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 am

mc666 wrote:
i wonder what the chances are of them putting out a thrash album this time around, rather than that boring melodic traditional metal they've been doing since Countdown? Dave just hasn't had it right since 1990.

I don't instantly get hard when I hear it but "United Abominations" is just about as thrash as they will get. Not a bad album, but not jaw dropping either. I wouldn't call that melodic traditional metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 am

mc666 wrote:

Traditional thrash metal? I'd say the chances are slim and none. And Slim just hopped on a bus headed outta town. But either way, it's fine with me. Aside from Risk, I've enjoyed all their albums in some capacity. Yup, I'm a fan-boy.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:23 am

akeldama wrote:
detuned wrote:

Not since The World Needs A Hero.

I'll take your word for it, I stopped paying attention to Megadeth after Rust In Peace.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am

sweet, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:53 pm

I'm really tired of hearing 'deth copys 'allica. Lars and boys never even got close to RIP and 'deth has never come close to sucking like St. Anger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:57 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I'm really tired of hearing 'deth copys 'allica. Lars and boys never even got close to RIP and 'deth has never come close to sucking like St. Anger.

Do you really talk like that? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Yeah. In real life I refer to you as peckerfate. very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:03 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:26 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:11 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

That's IT. I'm changing his nym! Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 pm

kmorg wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

You do and I'll break all the teeth off the tray of your new Leatherwolf CD. angry
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

You do and I'll break all the teeth off the tray of your new Leatherwolf CD. angry

Settle down, Beavis Razz

happy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Just remember, the S is silent and the first T has more of a K sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 8 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 42  Next