Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megadeth thread

Go down 
+84
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
HeavyThrashhead
666_Evil_666
Wurthless
stormspell
Lari
bgsully
Zdan
glassprison
Rami Airola
DevZor
Lurideath
Thelemech
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
Dr8breed74
Glower
sovdat
mlotek
mikeinfla
chewie
Wayne
Runicen
Eyesore
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
choosemetal
thejokeriv
corplhicks
MoonChild
the sentinel
7thSaviour
Svengo
FATALITY
Gilbert
Addy
James B.
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
zombiewalkin
metalinmyveins
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Leatherface
Vordul
shamgar75
DeathCult
Mortuary
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Shiney
TheGooch
TrogDawn
Todd Jaymz
ghost
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Jedilink
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Rex
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:41 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
FYI...the Best Buy edition has 2 bonus tracks ('Look Who's Talking' & 'Last Dying Wish') and it will be on sale for $11.99 next Friday for those interested.

cool

Hope the one near me will be carrying it. I missed out on Motorhead's last release that way. It was supposed to be in stock and wasn't.

Normally, I'd just go to the local BB at lunch, but since I had a gift certificate I pre-ordered it. Their "in-store" stock has been for sh*t anymore.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Reminder this comes out tomorrow. All you east coasters, get it before you're snowed in for the weekend!!

The Megadeth thread - Page 25 506406

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Reminder this comes out tomorrow. All you east coasters, get it before you're snowed in for the weekend!!

I pass by a Wal-Mart and a Best Buy on my way home from work. If one of'em doesn't have it, the other one should. So I'm covered.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I pass by a Wal-Mart and a Best Buy on my way home from work. If one of'em doesn't have it, the other one should. So I'm covered.

The Best Buy version has 2 exclusive bonus tracks. And not just sh*tty "live" versions of old songs either. So now you know...
The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Knowingishalfthebattle

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:44 pm

I preordered the vinyl from Amazon and the Best Buy CD version. I hope they come in tomorrow.

Also, I got this book in yesterday and it's killer:

The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Sweating-bullets

340 pages of Megadeth's history up to and including Super Collider, with a track by track breakdown of every album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Wow, I'm going to have to get this. I wouldn't peg Popoff as a guy who would know any more about Megadeth than I do though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The Best Buy version has 2 exclusive bonus tracks. And not just sh*tty "live" versions of old songs either. So now you know...

Cool! I must've missed that little tidbit. Best Buy it is, then!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

And I have a $5.00 off Best Buy coupon. Sweet deal as long as they have it in stock !
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

..... and now you know too much. SS Johan!
(something my twisted son made up)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Mine did carry it and I was able to pick it up at lunch. I'm spinning it right now and first impression is it's fantastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Spotify has the Budgie cover tune (Melt The Ice Away) but not the two Best Buy exclusive tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm

I tell ya, a decent production really helps...this is the best "sounding" Megadeth album I've heard in quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Why are you listening to this? I thought you haven't enjoyed thrash in over a decade.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm not sure anyone's aware of this - I certainly wasn't - if you buy the CD version of the album from Target you get a free vinyl version of the album as well!

http://www.target.com/p/megadeth-dystopia-target-exclusive/-/A-50563298
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Why are you listening to this?  I thought you haven't enjoyed thrash in over a decade.

Just to irritate you of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I'm not sure anyone's aware of this - I certainly wasn't - if you buy the CD version of the album from Target you get a free vinyl version of the album as well!

http://www.target.com/p/megadeth-dystopia-target-exclusive/-/A-50563298

That's a cool bonus.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Best Buy it is, then!!

Dammit dammit dammit! I stopped @ the Best Buy on my way home from work tonight and they were already sold out of the new Megadeth CD. Seriously? On the first day of release? How many copies did they have in stock, five? Pfffft.

Needless to say that kinda ruined my mood. I was looking forward to spending my snowy weekend indoors with the new CD on a constant loop. Thanks for nothin' Best Buy! Eat balls!!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Dude , at lunch time my Best Buy had at least 5 copies plus 3 copies of the deluxe version with the virtual reality goggles (or something). When I checked out, the guy asked me if it just came out or something because it's been selling a lot. I'm glad I didn't wait til after work and take that chance of crapping out.

And ,not to rub your nose in it, after a couple of listens I think it is a fantastic release.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 pm

I am heading out in the morning before the snow starts to get this one. Is Target actually giving away a vinyl with the purchase of the CD? That's crazy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Quote :
And ,not to rub your nose in it, after a couple of listens I think it is a fantastic release.

Laughing very hard Thanks a lot. Very Happy

But seriously, I'm listening to it on Spotify right now as I type this and it sounds damn good... it's just not the same!! Haha

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 pm

I've listened to this 3 times now, & IMO it's the best thing they've put out since Countdown. The songs are definitely there this time. They playing sounds good, the melodies, even Dave's voice sounds decent. Only song that doesn't really grab me is Foreign Policy.

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 10:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
I've listened to this 3 times now, & IMO it's the best thing they've put out since Countdown. The songs are definitely there this time. They playing sounds good, the melodies, even Dave's voice sounds decent. Only song that doesn't really grab me is Foreign Policy.

Agreed on all points. There's a couple tracks I'm not crazy about, but overall it's solid.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 pm

I haven't liked any of the 3 songs they released so far so I doubt I will like the rest. I'll wait a few years and buy it used for 7 bucks or so.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 1:18 am

I didn't care much for them either when I first heard them. After hearing them a few times & presented along side the other songs, they grew on me. I had been unimpressed with Deth since they released Youthanasia, so of course I streamed this first. I'll be picking this one up though.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 1:49 am

my copy from amazon uk should reach me within a week or two.

can't wait to play this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megadeth thread   The Megadeth thread - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megadeth thread
Page 25 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next