Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 am

Did you guys get the regular or deluxe editions? Are the bonus tracks worth getting?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 am

I bought the regular edition, as the Deluxe edition was $10 more, and it did not really seem worth it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 am

jettafiend wrote:
I bought the regular edition, as the Deluxe edition was $10 more, and it did not really seem worth it.

Yea, the Deluxe edition looks like it has 3 bonus tunes and a DVD. $10 more for 3 extra tracks and a dvd I'll never watch might be overkill.

The regular edition still has 15 tracks, which still seems like allot to me.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 am

Walmart Deluxe edition. 2-CDs, a DVD, booklet and poster. Disc one has 16 tracks, including a smokin' cover the Temptations "Shakey Ground". (Reminds me of when Aerosmith rocked James Brown's "Mother Popcorn".)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 pm

add favs songs:
#3 Beautiful
#6 Legendary Child
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Favorite songs thus far:
Out Go the Lights
Legendary Child
Lover Alot
Freedom fighter
Shakey Ground

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 pm

The songs I like:

Out Go the Lights
Legendary Child
Street Jesus
Freedom Fighter
Something
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Walmart is going to have the regular version for 5 bucks on black friday. I wasn't blown away by the samples so I'm holding out in hopes the deluxe edition can be found cheaply down the road.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm loving the funk feel of Shakey Ground. Reminds me of their 70's days when they would cover The Yardbirds, James Brown, etc. Cool song. Too bad it's just a bonus track. It could and should have replaced one of the atrocious ballads.

Put the album on my iPod. Deleted most of the ballads, kept the rockers and the bonus track and it's a great album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm

I acutally like the ballads, yeah I can understand how they might be too radio-friendly for some, but I think they were pulled off quite nicely(yes even the Carrie Underwood duet), i'd certainly listen to them over the extremely overplayed "Angel" any day.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I acutally like the ballads, yeah I can understand how they might be too radio-friendly for some, but I think they were pulled off quite nicely(yes even the Carrie Underwood duet), i'd certainly listen to them over the extremely overplayed "Angel" any day.

Or "Cryin" sick
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm

jettafiend wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Or "Cryin" sick

"Cryin'" is a blues number IMO. Yes, it's a ballad, but it's based on the blues and has that feel. That Carrie Underwood duet is a horrible country-pop ballad that sounds like any number of other wretched modern country songs being played on the radio at the moment.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:59 pm

I like "Angel".
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Or "Cryin" sick

"Cryin'" is a blues number IMO. Yes, it's a ballad, but it's based on the blues and has that feel. That Carrie Underwood duet is a horrible country-pop ballad that sounds like any number of other wretched modern country songs being played on the radio at the moment.
I hate country music for the most part, so I was surprised when I actually liked the song.

"Cryin" dosen't really do much for me, I find it to be a rather boring song.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12795

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I am an Aerosmith fan to an extent. My cousin was listening to this while we did the webcam trip just a bit ago. Some songs were great, others not.

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 am

I too picked this one up and have been enjoying it a lot! Reminds a lot of the 70's era stuff with the exception to the fact that there is about 5 ballads! But I think it will get a lot of spins from me! I actually love the duet with Carrie Underwood. I got the deluxe edition at Target, mine is missing the Temptations track on CD #1 but the bonus tracks on CD 2 are definitely worth the extra few dollars! I have not watched the DVD yet though!

Fav tracks

Legendary Child
Cant Stop Loving You (w/Carrie)
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

So despite all the trash I talked early on about the new album, I'm actually liking most of it. The ballads are definately getting skipped over though. Especially the one with Carrie Underwood. That song belongs on a Keith Urban album or something. It has no business being on an Aerosmith record. And even for a ballad, it's crap. I think Dr. Suess helped write the lyrics.

"Can't stop loving you, it's all I want to do. Hey, there look at you, see my face turn blue, I've got gum on my shoe. Scooby-dooby-doo!!" Ugh!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Or "Cryin" sick

I would have said that about "What it Takes" which I really enjoy, personally.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Ballads are nothing new to Aerosmith. They've been doing them since the early 70's. I mean, "Dream On" was 1973. Hard to believe that song is that old! "Home Tonight", "You See Me Crying", "Mia", "Cry Me A River", are all great ballads from the band's early years. A couple of them were covers.

Funk is nothing new to Aerosmith either. I mean, "Walk This Way" was all about the funk groove. That's why the song worked so well as a rap collaboration with Run DMC. Aerosmith have always been fairly diverse. However, the one element that is lacking is the truly heavy numbers IMO. There's nothing quite as heavy hitting as the harder rockin' numbers from Toys, Rocks, Draw the Line, Rock in a Hard Place, etc.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Did bringing back Jack Douglas to produce this album add anything? Or was that some bait 'n switch?

My ear isn't as fine tuned as others 'round here. So did Jack do anything different that couldn't have been done with Marti Frederiksen, Kevin Shirley or any of the other producers they've had since the late 80's? I'm not getting what all the fuss was about. It sounds like any of their other over-produced albums from the 90's.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm

I think Jack got them back to raw-roots rock and roll on many of the tracks. I sort of wish he would have helped them to get a grittier guitar tone, but I guess in the digital age it's all about clean sounds. I think that's what I like about a lot of the 70's stuff is that gritty, dirty guitar sound.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 pm

i like the new album after cca 40th of spinning, pick some friendly songs for me, which i njoy very much...
imo half is good half is shi*. not necessary to be on the ablum. anyway, good listenable album. may be forgotten in the future years, it can't step over the multi/gold records in 70s 80s 90s but we are in the different time dimension.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I think Jack got them back to raw-roots rock and roll on many of the tracks. I sort of wish he would have helped them to get a grittier guitar tone, but I guess in the digital age it's all about clean sounds. I think that's what I like about a lot of the 70's stuff is that gritty, dirty guitar sound.

That's kinda what I was getting at. It's almost as if the band said "We want Jack to do this" and the record company said, "Sure, whatever, but you're still doing it our way. Now go record this Diane Warren song we paid for, make sure Desmond Child has his Pro-Tools set-up and say hi to Carrie Underwood on the way out, who you'll be singing with, by the way."

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:53 pm

I think the Carrie Underwood thing was as much Tyler's idea as anyone else. From interviews I've seen he seems to think he's an American Idol pop star.

The Diane Warren song sucks! Worst song on the album for sure. They should have replaced that with Shakey Ground. That song kicks ass and is only a bonus track on the Walmart version.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Quote :
They should have replaced that with Shakey Ground. That song kicks ass and is only a bonus track on the Walmart version.

Yea, that tune kicks ass. I almost picked up the album at FYE over the weekend, but saw that track wasn't included. Didn't realize at the time it was a Walmat-only bonus.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next