Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?

Go down 
+14
rattpoison
Trial by Fire
Addy
Schbopo
kmorg
Smindas
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
manny
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Empty
PostSubject: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:16 am

Just for sh*ts & giggles, let say Joe Perry & the boys decide to get a new lead singer while Steven does whatever it is he thinks he needs to do.

Who would make a good lead singer (both live & on a new studio album) for Aerosmith? Should they go with an established vocalist or an unknown? In this fantasy scenerio, throwing in the towel is not an option. Nor is bringing back someone from the dead. They've got studio time booked and the tour is laid out. Alls they need is someone to sing. Who's it gonna be?

Let's discuss, shall we?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 am

Go for the Boston approach, Gary Cherone

Or change the name to AeroSammy and get Sammy Hager

Or do make a dumb move and hir Blaze Bayly

Or how about Mick Jagger if the Stones aren't touring and he is bored?

Michael Sweet - but he is also in Boston and probably wouldn't want to sing Aerosmith's sleezy lyrics

Vincent Van Volt - He hasn;t done much since his short stint in Barren Cross

The guy that won Rock Star:Supernova - he has nothing to do right now

Better yet, how about Rock Star:Aerosmith?

Since the Queen gig is over, how about Paul Rodgers?

Or..... the best one I can think of...... How about someone who wants to return to their rock and roll roots...... tired of the "lame" lable - michael bolton?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Better yet, how about Rock Star:Aerosmith?

UGH! I know it was just a joke, but I reeeeaaaalllllly hope that never happens. blech

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:29 am

Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Ripper
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:30 am

Ask Scott Ian and Charlie Benante, they know exacly how to deal with this.... Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:33 am

What's John Corabi up to these days? I betcha he could pull it off.

We joke, but I think Ripper's a little too "metal" to sing for a blues based rock band.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 am

Adam Lambert so Metal Rob continue his never ending man crush for the former American Idol contestant.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:05 am

manny wrote:
Adam Lambert so Metal Rob continue his never ending man crush for the former American Idol contestant.

LMAO!!!!!!

ULT - I would not at all be suprised if they did this, especially if there was enough money in it. They put a ton of cash into ROck Star:Supernova and that on was in the red, but Aerosmith? You know we all would be watching, as much as we would complain about how lame it is.....

Last edited by thejokeriv on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:09 am

Just thought opf one more - of the new Foreigner falls apart, Kelly Hansen could join up!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!

ULT - I would not at all be suprised if they did this, especially if there was enough money in it. They put a ton of cash into ROck Star:Supernova and that on was in the red, but Aerosmith? You know we all would be watching, as much as we would complain about how lame it is.....

Sadly Joker, I think you're right. Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_sad

What's that Supernova guy doing now? Whatever became of the new INXS singer? Didin't he get fired or something? He's probably looking for work. Or that other American Idol reject Bo Bice. Ohhhh, the [bad] possibilites are endless.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:25 am

Is there any singer out there that even sounds like Tyler? I don't know that I've ever heard anyone. Dude has his own unique style and is virtually irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 am

Aerosmith - Steven Tyler = Faster Pu$$ycat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:38 am

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Is there any singer out there that even sounds like Tyler? I don't know that I've ever heard anyone. Dude has his own unique style and is virtually irreplaceable.

Sadly, that fact didn't stop the members of Queen trying to make a go with Paul Rodgers, who was just about as opposite in sound and style as you could get.

Besides, I don't think anyone here thinks replacing Tyler is a good idea. I just thought the topic might make for some interesting responses. So far, there has been none. You all suck. Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:42 am

I think the remaining members oughta sit around one night watching Aerosmith tribute bands from the Philippines on YouTube and pick a replacement from there.

Hey, it worked for Journey.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:42 am

Actually, I think Gary Cherone is a really good suggestion but then, I love his voice and am basically an Extreme fan boy. And seeing as Nuno's about to go on tour with Rihanna, Extreme won't be up to much for a bit.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 am

Smindas wrote:
Actually, I think Gary Cherone is a really good suggestion but then, I love his voice and am basically an Extreme fan boy. And seeing as Nuno's about to go on tour with Rihanna, Extreme won't be up to much for a bit.
Say what? Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Say what? Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_eek

He's touring with Rihanna as her guitarist/band leader. I just read that the other day. He says Extreme is on a break, so he's doing this for now. It's probably a decent paycheck. Gotta pay the bills somehow I suppose.

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:58 am

OT - what Nuno is doing is not uncommon. I can't recall who right off, but I remember spotting Greg Howe backing up some Pop diva on MTV years ago on one of their outdoor, Spring Break things...also Tony Palacios played on tour w/ Michael W. Smith...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think the remaining members oughta sit around one night watching Aerosmith tribute bands from the Philippines on YouTube and pick a replacement from there.

Hey, it worked for Journey.

That's not too far off from what Joe already did. The guy that does some vocals on Joe's new solo cd was found by Joe's wife while surfing YouTube. I heard him talk about it on Eddie Trunk's radio show.

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Here's some of the Pop people Greg Howe has played with (then I'll let the thread stay on topic):

Quote :
Apart from his solo career, Howe is also a session musician and has worked and toured with well-known artists such as Michael Jackson, Enrique Iglesias, *NSYNC and Justin Timberlake.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
OT - what Nuno is doing is not uncommon. I can't recall who right off, but I remember spotting Greg Howe backing up some Pop diva on MTV years ago on one of their outdoor, Spring Break things...also Tony Palacios played on tour w/ Michael W. Smith...

I recall an interview from a few years ago, some relatively famous rock guitarist touring with Mandy Moore, but I can't remember who it was now.

EDIT: Ok, so he's not all that famous, but current Five Finger Death Punch guitarist Jason Hook has also played live & in studio with Mandy Moore, Alice Cooper, Bullet Boys, Hillary Duff and Vince Neil. Pretty diverse crowd.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I saw Tony on that tour - talked to him afterwards. It was a pay the bills thing while Guardian was on vacation. He did an awesome job on the tour. He basically said it was a "pay the bills" job.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

The tool from Inxs, claimed he was fired and made a big splash claiming he was left at the airport by those meanies in INXS, turns out he was not fired and the band was going to call him to start their next project. Of course after the press reports, Inxs explained they were hurt and angry at JD what's his face for trying to make them look bad. Also JD was trying to promote his solo (what solo ) career. What a dumb ass.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Tom Kiefer
Henrik Ostergaard
Jason McMaster

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I saw Tony on that tour - talked to him afterwards. It was a pay the bills thing while Guardian was on vacation. He did an awesome job on the tour. He basically said it was a "pay the bills" job.

That's all any of those types of gigs are...musicians backing a solo artist are there because they're being paid...end of story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?   Who Could Sing For Aerosmith? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Could Sing For Aerosmith?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next