Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soundgarden

Go down 
+34
corplhicks
Rex
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
MEGATRON
jstate
Tur-Thalion
shed-rock
DevZor
SpectreFate
Red Kitty
adrian
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
James B.
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Shiney
ghost
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
mc666
Troublezone
DeathCult
rattpoison
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Soundgarden - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 am

My copy of the Singles soundtrack has a tiny skip on the Soundgarden song 'Birth Ritual'. I've listened to it so many times though, I'm just used to it now. A coupla weeks ago, I purchased Soundgarden's Telephantasm and when I listened to 'Birth Ritual', I was expecting the skip, almost missing it. Funny how that happens.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 am

I need to get that soundtrack...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:12 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I need to get that soundtrack...

One of the few soundtracks that I own and even more rare, one that I can actually play through in it's entirety without skipping tracks. Even the Smashing Pumpkins track is tolarable and I hate the Smashing Pumpkins.

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My copy of the Singles soundtrack has a tiny skip on the Soundgarden song 'Birth Ritual'. I've listened to it so many times though, I'm just used to it now. A coupla weeks ago, I purchased Soundgarden's Telephantasm and when I listened to 'Birth Ritual', I was expecting the skip, almost missing it. Funny how that happens.

I always expect to hear a skip during "Baba o'Riley" on Who's Next, my LP copy had a skip and it never sounds right without it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 am

Bump for new album info...

Quote :
Soundgarden have announced their comeback album will be called King Animal, and it’s set for release on November 13.

Other song names include Blood on the Valley Floor and A Thousand Days Before.

King Animal is Soundgarden’s first album since they released Down on the Upside in 1996. They reunited last year, explaining that a business meeting led to the idea of returning to action – although Smashing Pumpkins mainman Billy Corgan recently alleged the band were only back together in order to cash in on their legacy.

I guess Billy only ressurrected the Smashing Pumpkins for "artistic integrity". Yeesh! Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what these guys have come up with.

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 am

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for new album info...

Quote :
Soundgarden have announced their comeback album will be called King Animal, and it’s set for release on November 13.

Other song names include Blood on the Valley Floor and A Thousand Days Before.

King Animal is Soundgarden’s first album since they released Down on the Upside in 1996. They reunited last year, explaining that a business meeting led to the idea of returning to action – although Smashing Pumpkins mainman Billy Corgan recently alleged the band were only back together in order to cash in on their legacy.

I guess Billy only ressurrected the Smashing Pumpkins for "artistic integrity". Yeesh! Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what these guys have come up with.

lol! Isn't that why Billy Corgan brought back the Smashing Pumpkins name? Because no one cared about ZWAN (except me cause I thought it was a great album) and no one cared about his solo album so he needed "The Name" to make money. I love Smashing Pumpkins and Corgan seems to be an ok guy sometimes but I hate when bands talk crap about each other. Was there ever a Soundgarden/Pumpkins fued?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Quote :
Was there ever a Soundgarden/Pumpkins fued?

I have no idea. I just copied that article from Classic Rock magazine. I haven't seen it myself, but I guess Billy was slagging them in the press. Which seems pretty asinine to me. Aren't practically all re-unions a cash-in of sorts? And Corgan is even a worse offender because he's just using the name Smashing Pumpkins. He didn't even re-unite with the original members, did he?

Ah, I couldn't care less about that bone-head. Bring on those sell-outs Soundgarden!! \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Hahaha no the only one he reunited with was Jimmy Chamberlin. I honestly don't care if they are doing it for the money. If they can put out a great album then thats all that matters. It's pretty much what they do so its their "Job" and they can do whatever they want. They have to live and make money too.

The Smashing Pumpkins did put out a pretty decent new album but I'm sure Soundgarden wll blow it away.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Great news!
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Alright, I'm very interested in a new sg album. I like the new track black rain alot, I know it's a new recording of an unreleased song from the badmotorfinger era, but I'm really hoping that's where there musical head is at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:14 pm

DevZor wrote:
Alright, I'm very interested in a new sg album. I like the new track black rain alot, I know it's a new recording of an unreleased song from the badmotorfinger era, but I'm really hoping that's where there musical head is at.

That song is pretty cool. The basic tracks were from Badmotorfinger, they did some extra overdubs prior to releasing it.

I wasn't that crazy about the song "Live To Rise" from The Avengers soundtrack, but I have a feeling the new LP will have a nice balance of material.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Billy Corgan is a douchebag. perhaps that's why he's the only original SP member still involved in the project.

i look forward to hearing a new Soundgarden. it's been too long.

shed-rock
Metal novice
Metal novice
shed-rock

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:56 am

A+ am looking forward to the new album...
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:39 am

Yeah I wasn't too into that song on The Avengers, but I still have high hopes for the album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 am

Here's the album cover for "King Animal".

Soundgarden - Page 4 Soundgarden-King-Animal-e1347857882622
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 am

S.D. wrote:
Here's the album cover for "King Animal".

Soundgarden - Page 4 Soundgarden-King-Animal-e1347857882622

LOVE IT!!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 pm

there was also a trailer released for the album, but I found it pretty blase.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Cool cover.

There's a rumor going around that Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are going to tour together in the new year with Matt Cameron pulling double-duty behind the drum kit for both bands. While I find Eddie Vedder's face so very punchable, I'd like to see that happen.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Cool cover.

There's a rumor going around that Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are going to tour together in the new year with Matt Cameron pulling double-duty behind the drum kit for both bands. While I find Eddie Vedder's face so very punchable, I'd like to see that happen.

That's suicide for Matt Cameron...sounds like media BS to me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Cool cover.

That's suicide for Matt Cameron...sounds like media BS to me.

I dunno. I read it on the internet, so it's gotta be true, right? Razz The story as I heard it...

Soundgarden pushed back the release of this new album till later this year so Matt could work on a new PJ album that is supposedly coming in early 2013. Both bands will have new albums out to promote and the idea is having both bands tour together as some sorta "Grunge Super-Fest". Could it be just wishful thinking and internet rumor? Sure. But not inconceivable.

EDIT:
Here's what I read. I guess it's more just speculation, but not that far-fetched...

Quote :
Now Radar Music believe they’ve made sense of the jigsaw – they suggest the only way for Cameron to be available for both tours is if they took place simultaneously. And the only thing standing in the way of Pearl Jam hitting the road was they didn’t have an album to follow 2009′s Backspacer.

The station says: “Matt has confirmed on multiple occasions that he’s not leaving Pearl Jam, and that he’s committed to Soundgarden. If he is staying on with both, it could mean only one thing: a Soundgarden and Pearl Jam world tour.

“However we were still missing a key ingredient – a new Pearl Jam album. The tour could only take place if that was on the cares. Cue guitarist Jeff Ament confirming this month that they’re half-way through, and on track for an early 2013 release.

“Then it all made sense. Soundgarden weren’t just fine-tuning King Animal. They were waiting on their brother band to finish things up.”

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:28 pm

At least Soundgarden frees up Matt to play songs in something else other than 4/4 time. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 pm

First single posted...Been Away Too Long

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 pm

not bad. Not amazing, but pretty good I think. I think Cornell's voice sounds pretty good too, something I had been wondering about
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:33 pm

I really like it, psyched for this album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soundgarden
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next