Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soundgarden

Go down 
+34
corplhicks
Rex
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
MEGATRON
jstate
Tur-Thalion
shed-rock
DevZor
SpectreFate
Red Kitty
adrian
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
James B.
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Shiney
ghost
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
mc666
Troublezone
DeathCult
rattpoison
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Soundgarden - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 pm

my gf's friend had an extra ticket to see them this weekend so shes going to go........... angry

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I went back and re-read this entire thread. So just to stir the pot a little, Soundgarden sound pretty dang METAL to this guy. Razz

I would consider SG Metal...if on the fringes...just don't tell Chris Cornell that...

I'm sure he'd appreciate it more than being saddled with the "grunge" tag.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I went back and re-read this entire thread. So just to stir the pot a little, Soundgarden sound pretty dang METAL to this guy. Razz

I would consider SG Metal...if on the fringes...just don't tell Chris Cornell that...

I'm sure he'd appreciate it more than being saddled with the "grunge" tag.

Maybe...but he'd probably rather be associated with Mudhoney and The Melvins than Warrant and Whitesnake...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:29 pm

This performance was from last year when they just got together. Just a great performance, Chris totally kills, such a great vocalist:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Quote :
Maybe...but he'd probably rather be associated with Mudhoney and The Melvins than Warrant and Whitesnake...

Jani Lane doesn't even want to be associated with Warrant, so why should anyone else? Laughing

Funny how all these bands don't want to be associated with the labels they've been given, even after all these years. Still gives me a chuckle. "We were never [fill in the blank] (glam, heavy metal, grunge, nu-metal, etc.). We're just a rock band."

Alright, whatever you say guys. Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 pm

I really only like bands that can't be easily classified into genres...I like it that way. Soundgarden sounds like Soundgarden. That's the only genre required.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:05 am

Shawn D. wrote:
I really only like bands that can't be easily classified into genres...I like it that way. Soundgarden sounds like Soundgarden. That's the only genre required.

That's a good way to put it...
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:42 am

I love Soundgarden! My favorite album is probably Badmotorfinger
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Meh. They're at the top of my "90's Bands I Could Never Get Into" list

Ditto
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Ditto

Soundgarden was a late 80's band, not a 90's band. Ultramega OK was released in 1988.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Ditto

Soundgarden was a late 80's band, not a 90's band. Ultramega OK was released in 1988.

To expand this thought....Screaming Life came out in '87 I believe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Ditto

To expand this thought....Screaming Life came out in '87 I believe.

Few knew of them till the mid-90's though. I saw them open for GnR back in '91 and had no idea who they were.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Quote :
I saw them open for GnR back in '91 and had no idea who they were.

Back then weren't you mainly just into The Beetles?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:28 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Si, Señor.

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 pm

I first heard them in 1990 when Louder Than Love came out. I had a good friend that worked at a record store and she hipped me to them.

They were quite popular in the underground circuit way before MTV picked up on them.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I first heard them in 1990 when Louder Than Love came out. I had a good friend that worked at a record store and she hipped me to them.

They were quite popular in the underground circuit way before MTV picked up on them.

Some of us aren't as cool and hip as you. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:04 pm

I never said I was hip...especially during that era. I was your typical clueless metalhead.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't think I caught wind of them till the movie Singles. Still love that soundtrack.

But when we saw them with GnR, I know I hated them. I, along with most of the crowd, thought they sucked. Their flannel, cut-off shorts and Doc Martins didn't go over well with the denim, leather and cowboy boots of an GnR audience.

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

I hear the phrase "GNR audience" and I get a cold chill. lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:40 pm

I heard of them becuase Head Banger's Ball used to have 'Loud Love' on heavy rotation and RIP magazine always gave their CD's rave reviews.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:25 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

you just cant let it go Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't think I caught wind of them till the movie Singles. Still love that soundtrack.

"Singles" is quite possibly my favorite soundtrack of all time. My two favorite songs on this album are Paul Westerberg's "Dyslexic Heart" and Chris Cornell's solo effort "Seasons". There isn't a bad song on the album. I have a buddy who at one time had a "Citizen Dick" shirt.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:56 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

"Singles" is quite possibly my favorite soundtrack of all time. My two favorite songs on this album are Paul Westerberg's "Dyslexic Heart" and Chris Cornell's solo effort "Seasons". There isn't a bad song on the album. I have a buddy who at one time had a "Citizen Dick" shirt.

I am huge Paul Westerburg fan, and love his work as as both a solo artist and as a member of the Replacements
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I am huge Paul Westerburg fan, and love his work as as both a solo artist and as a member of the Replacements

Yeah, both Paul's stuff with the Replacements and solo stuff is good. I have his solo albums "14 Songs", "Eventually", "Mono/Stereo Grandpa Boy album", his work off the Singles album and the Replacements 2 C.D set "All or Nothing". I first heard the Replacements when I saw the movie "Can't Hardly Wait". The song "Can't Hardly Wait" sounded vaguely familiar, but I had no clue about this band. When you listen to their old albums, one has to wonder how these guys never broke it big. How an album like "Tim" never broke big in 1985, I will never understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 pm

the Singles soundtrack is truly a great one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soundgarden
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next