Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soundgarden reunion video!

Go down 
+6
manny
GrandNational
Addy
Metallic Blaze
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Soundgarden reunion video! Empty
PostSubject: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 pm

What do you guys think? Cornell still got it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crILNt7-kj8&feature=player_embedded#!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:20 pm

I'm not a Soundgarden fan. I like a few songs they made, but not full on into them. I think they are all good musicians.

Now from the video, I can say that Chris Cornell sounds AMAZING! Interesting song too. Never heard it before.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Can't stand Soundgarden. Can't stand Chris Cornell. One of the worst vocalists of all time.

Sorry ... just me little Soundgarden reunion video! 291895
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Can't stand Soundgarden. Can't stand Chris Cornell. One of the worst vocalists of all time.

Im with MB Im not a fan either, given their sound you'd figure i would but I also dont like Kings X sooooooo.........glad theyre back together to make yall happy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Addy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Im with MB Im not a fan either, given their sound you'd figure i would but I also dont like Kings X sooooooo.........glad theyre back together to make yall happy

Yeah, more power to the fans!

I don't mean to be all negative.

But I'm surprised that many people like Soundgarden, but don't like Nirvana. Nirvana is just FAR superior to this IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll always dig Nirvana, but IMO theyre two different animals

I think I dont like them cuz they just played the hell out of Black Hole Sun back in the day when Id rather jam Ozzy hehe
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:18 pm

I always just hated Soundgarden.

"Black Holed Sun" is the one song I 'kinda' liked.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:24 pm

hehe that was the song that made me change the station, my buddy made a mix tape back in the day and he had that song followed by Ozzy's No More Tears so anytime I hear that I always expect to hear Ozzy next hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:38 am

You guys are nuts, Soundgarden RULES. \'arry \'eadbanger

this song "Beyond The Wheel" was on their debut album and was the song they opened with when i first saw them in 1991.

This tune is a stoner/doom classic, imho.

Cornell sounds WAY better here than he did in Audioslave. Nice to hear these guys back together, they've been missed.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:51 am

That's a badass tune. And Chris does sound great.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:10 am

detuned wrote:

And you know this cuz you can smell your own? Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:52 am

I love Soundgarden, 'Bad Motor Finger' is one of the best rock albums released in 1990's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Addy wrote:
detuned wrote:

And you know this cuz you can smell your own? Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_biggrin

possibly.

I also used to live in Seattle and met Cornell & Thayill on a couple different occasions...they were both very cool and down to earth...and that was at the height of their popularity.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I lived briefly in seattle right after the whole grunge scene
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Casual fan of Soundgarden, particulary the earlier material, but Cornell sounds pretty good here. Sounds like he can still hit the high notes. Good for him.

I seem to be one of the few folks that liked Audioslave.

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Casual fan of Soundgarden, particulary the earlier material, but Cornell sounds pretty good here. Sounds like he can still hit the high notes. Good for him.

I "liked" Audioslave...I wanted to "really like" them, but just couldn't. Each album seemed to have about 3 or 4 really killer tracks and a bunch of failed experiments. I think just about the time they were getting their footing, they broke up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:16 pm

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I "liked" Audioslave...I wanted to "really like" them, but just couldn't. Each album seemed to have about 3 or 4 really killer tracks and a bunch of failed experiments. I think just about the time they were getting their footing, they broke up.

I had no preconceived notions about the band. I disliked Rage and was only a so-so fan of Soundgarden, and quite honestly didn't want to like Audioslave. My brother got the debut and burned me a copy that sat in the rack for quite some time before I decided to give it a spin. Turned out I was fan. Soundgarden reunion video! 436688 I was just as surprised as anyone.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Addy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Yeah, more power to the fans!

I don't mean to be all negative.

But I'm surprised that many people like Soundgarden, but don't like Nirvana. Nirvana is just FAR superior to this IMHO.

How can you compare the two? Like Addy said two completely different styles. Love Chris Cornells pipes and Soundgarden had their moments. Im not the biggest fan but they had some killer tracks.

As far as the reunion Im not excited, but Im sure a lot of people are.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Is Soundgarden doing a new album too, or is the reunion thing just some live performances?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is Soundgarden doing a new album too, or is the reunion thing just some live performances?

They are releasing a box set sometime this year but no mention of a new studio album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Nifty. Thanks.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Been a Soundgarden fan since I heard Louder than Love.Chris sounds great here.I kinda liked some of the Audioslave stuff just wasnt where Chris needed to be IMO.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Soundgarden is very nostalgic for me. I have Badmotorfinger and Superunknown, and loved them both. Never got into Audioslave, so a reunion sounds good to me! Good for them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden reunion video!   Soundgarden reunion video! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soundgarden reunion video!
Page 1 of 1