Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soundgarden

Go down 
+34
corplhicks
Rex
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
MEGATRON
jstate
Tur-Thalion
shed-rock
DevZor
SpectreFate
Red Kitty
adrian
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
manny
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
James B.
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Shiney
ghost
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
mc666
Troublezone
DeathCult
rattpoison
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Soundgarden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:03 am

rattpoison wrote:
mc666 wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Why moved?

The Heart Of Metal part of the forum is to talk about hard rock/heavy metal isn't it.

Soundgarden definately meet this criteria.
i agree...this thread should not have been moved. they definitely fall into the hard rock catagory, no matter how much metal they are.

This move just boggles the mind

Someone should call a congressman.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:48 am

I moved this back....so whomever moved it in the first place...yell at me.

I must say howevr that SOUNDGARDEN definitely have a deserved place in THIS forum. Their definitive SABBATHy nods are enough merit for that...

I thought this was for all things metal/heavy and hard rockin' and the other forum was for genres not those (Country, Pop, Classical, Industrial)

Maybe the naysayers on the seperate rooms were right....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:01 am

Quote :
I thought this was for all things metal/heavy and hard rockin' and the other forum was for genres not those (Country, Pop, Classical, Industrial)

That's what I thought too. Which makes me wonder why Airbourne is in that other forum. Ahhh...gotta love metal purists.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Badmotorfinger is excellent

"Room A Thousand Years Wide" 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Badmotorfinger is excellent

"Room A Thousand Years Wide" 🤘

I LOVE that song! That riff kills!

DUN DUN DA DA DA DA DUNDUNDUNDUN....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 pm

I think my favorite Soundgarden track is probably the overplayed (at the time) Spoonman. Same reason; I love the riff.

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Great METAL band! (in the broad sense of the word - and why not?)

The whole grunge thing was mainly a marketing thing for record companies anyway - it happened to be just a few bands from a particular geographical region who liked punk (i.e. rollins-era black flag) and 70's hard rock/metal (black sabbath/led zeppelin), and played music that was rather gloomy. some of it swung closer to metal (soundgarden/AiC), and some closer to punk or REAL late-80's alternative (nirvana). pearl jam stands apart as more of classic rock-sounding arena rock band, at least on the first two records.

soundgarden was well into their psychedelic phase (if you can call it that) by the time they had their biggest hits. so what if it wasn't dropped-d sludge metal like they played while on SST Records?

i'd love to see soundgarden get back together. times have changed though! records like superunknown just don't sell in the millions anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Soundgarden's music is definitely Heavy Metal. If they were called "The Rectal Infection of an Ass Raped Demon" instead of Soundgarden metalheads would recognized them as metal and would probably like them too. I hate stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 pm

They were OK. I had Louder Than Love when it came out and saw them supporting Gun's 'n' Roses on the Badmotorfinger tour. Good band, but not great.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Most of the grunge sound dynamic is a nod to bands called BLACK SABBATH and at times MC5....

that spells metal to me!!

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 2:36 pm

I think Soundgarden was the best band to come out of that movement next to AIC
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:06 pm

I liked alot of the bands from that "movement"

TAD
MUDHONEY
ICKY JOEY
ALICE IN CHAINS
THE WALKABOUTS
CAT BUTT
CRACKERBASH
SOUNDGARDEN
SCREAMING TREES

alot of really good rock came out of it, that never got a fair shake due to the flannel hype at the time...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:35 am

Badmotorfinger is my favorite Soundgarden album. It's a cassic record,imo. If Chris Cornell grew his hair long again and the band would get energetic onstage again I'd be ok with a reunion.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:47 am

Shiney wrote:
I liked alot of the bands from that "movement"

TAD
MUDHONEY
ICKY JOEY
ALICE IN CHAINS
THE WALKABOUTS
CAT BUTT
CRACKERBASH
SOUNDGARDEN
SCREAMING TREES

alot of really good rock came out of it, that never got a fair shake due to the flannel hype at the time...

Man that list of bands pretty much shows that the Sub Pop label was ground zero for rock n' roll in the late 80's. Most of which were on that label. Man even Cat Butt gets the odd spin from me every now and then.

I don't really see that movement as a big shift particuarly the big 4 (3 of which were arena rock/metal for the 90's). Soundgarden was big hairy animal rock, the only thing different was it was coming from a bit further up the left coast.

The more things change the more they stay the same or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:56 pm

I never heard anything from CAT BUTT other than the tracks from the Sub Pop comps...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 am

Get on it Shiney, the album was rereleased not so long ago. I picked it up on vinyl for not much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:12 am

:hails: Soundgarden rule and it doesn't matter to me whether they're metal or not because they're one of my favourite bands. I especially love Badmotorfinger and Superunknown. My favourite songs are Outshined (the riff is killer), Jesus Christ Pose, Room a Thousand Years Wide, Fresh Tendrils, Fell on Black Days and too many more to mention.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Soundgarden, "Bad Motor Finger" " Superunknown" "Louder Than Love" all great albums, Chris Cornell maybe the best vocalist to come out of his era. I would consider them a metal band but my definition of heavy metal is very broad
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 pm

I was lucky enough to see Soundgarden at Lollapalooza in 1996 before they exited stage right (as Snagglepuss would say). This was either a brilliant decision, which is to go out when you're on top so to speak, or not so brilliant. Clearly Soundgarden was going more in a commercial direction, or at least towards a more broad sound (same thing to me). That can either be good or bad, depending on how you view bands that become more mainstream. I liked them up until the end, but I definitely gravitate towards stuff before "Down on the Upside".

1. Badmotorfinger (two favorite songs, "Jesus Christ Pose" & "Room A Thousand Years Wide")
2. Superunknown (two favs. "Fell On Black Days" & "My Wave")
3. Louder Than Love (two favs, "No Wrong, No Right" & "Loud Love")
4. Down On The Upside (two favs "Pretty Noose" & "Burden In My Hand")
5. Ultramega O.K (two favs "Flower" & "All Your Lies")
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Meh. They're at the top of my "90's Bands I Could Never Get Into" list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/soundgarden-reunion-tour-relives-bands-90s-glory-134801524.html
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I tried watching some of their live concert last night on VH1 Classic. I say tried because everytime I'd put it on, boom, commercials. So I'd flip around a bit, come back to it and it was either another commercial or a song I didn't like (like 'Fell on Black Days'). The litte I did see sounded great though. Chris Cornell still has it.

I was never a huge fan of these guys in the past, but in the last year or so, I've rediscovered them. The old stuff mostly. Anything from Badmotorfinger or older. Still suffering from radio burn-out of their latter material. I never want to hear 'The Day I Tried to Live' again.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/soundgarden-reunion-tour-relives-bands-90s-glory-134801524.html

That article reads just like every other article on the band over the last year or so...haha! Nothing new at all...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 pm

I went back and re-read this entire thread. So just to stir the pot a little, Soundgarden sound pretty dang METAL to this guy. Razz

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I went back and re-read this entire thread. So just to stir the pot a little, Soundgarden sound pretty dang METAL to this guy. Razz

I would consider SG Metal...if on the fringes...just don't tell Chris Cornell that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden   Soundgarden - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soundgarden
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next