Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:03 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Warrior Soul to release Chinese Democracy...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104116

I hope they use the name. That's a pisser!! I remember a few years ago, the Offspring tried, but I guess Axl sicced the lawyers on 'em.

Dangit MG, I was just about to post this but you beat me to it!! Yea, if they use "Chinese Democracy" as the actual title that would be hilariously awesome.

I'm not terribly stoked by the news that the new CD (at first) will only be available at the band's shows when they go on tour though... that kinda sucks. Looks like we gotta wait till January of 09 to get it thru conventional outlets...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 2830457962_6c6abbe1c5
The (alleged) album cover...

Quote :
I hope they use the name. That's a pisser!! I remember a few years ago, the Offspring tried, but I guess Axl sicced the lawyers on 'em.

The story I heard was that Offspring were going to call one of their albums "Chinese Democracy (You Snooze, You Lose!)" but someone in their camp tallked them out of it at the last minute for fear of incurring The Wrath of Axl. Wimps!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:07 pm

I was just coming here to post the news. Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:40 pm

No doubt a rooster up....great album cover....hope the real one is as good.

Good laughs all round.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:20 am

Well this is a new Warrior Soul song performed live "Bad News (Rock n Roll Boyfriend)"......

Sounds great me thinks.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:26 pm

Anyone checked the new song? What do ya think?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:28 pm

I like the music but Kory's voice is totally shot.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:29 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Anyone checked the new song? What do ya think?

It sounds pretty good to me. I'm guessing this isn't the John Ricco Warrior Soul, but the "Spage Age Playboys" Warrior Soul?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Somethin' must be up with my Internet connection tonight cuz the video of the new song isn't playing right for me.. it starts and stops, starts and stops. Hella annoying!! I'll have to try it out later.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Yet another chapter in the increasingly-bizarre Warrior Soul saga, courtesy of Blabbermouth... the hilarious thing is even if they take time to re-record the whole thing, it'll STILL be out before GNR's "Chinese Democracy" Laughing

WARRIOR SOUL's 'Chinese Democracy' Being Re-Recorded - Sep. 22, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, who recently announced that it has selected "Chinese Democracy" — the name of the perennially delayed new GUNS N' ROSES LP — as the title of its new album, has issued the following update:

"We are making the first copies of 'Chinese Democracy' available to pre-order.

"We want WARRIOR SOUL fans who are unable to attend our fall/winter shows in the U.S/U.K to have a chance to buy 'Chinese Democracy' before this limited edition record sells out, which we can assure you it will. More info on how to pre-order your copy will appear on MySpace soon......

"Last week we came to the conclusion that our new album didn't sound 100% like we wanted it to. Therefore we have decided to re-record pretty much the whole album. It sounded too much like a ass licking smurf-for-hire. It was too polished, too 'produced,' if you will. We wanted to create something more honest, more true to life, something vital. This is something we feel is sorely missing from music today. This record should be a visceral thrill. We think we've achieved just that. Of course you and only you will be the ones to pass the final judgement. The media will not share this record before you....

"The good news is that, due to our 'one-take' policy, we can stick to our release date which is still October 16th.

"The first pressing of 'Chinese Democracy' will be a very limited-edition digipack CD including tracks like 'Motor City', 'Don't Believe', 'F*ck the Pigs', 'Bad News (Rock n Roll Boyfriend)' and 'The Fourth Reich'. Clips will be posted on MySpace very soon.

"The release date and party is set for October 16th and takes place in Chicago on the first date of our U.S tour."

WARRIOR SOUL's "Chinese Democracy" is the band's first studio album to include the new lineup featuring;

Kory Clarke - Vocals
Rille Lundell - Guitar
Johnny H - Guitar
Janne Jarvis - Bass
Rob "Stevo" Stephenson - Drums

WARRIOR SOUL's current lineup has successfully toured Europe over the last two years and reports from both fans and media suggest that this is the band's strongest formation yet.

WARRIOR SOUL released a live album on April 14, 2008 through Livewire/Cargo Records. Entitled "Live In England", the CD was recorded in London during the band's October 2007 tour.

"Live In England" features many of the classic songs from the "Last Decade Dead Century", "Drugs, God And The New Republic", "Salutations From The Ghetto Nation", "Space Age Playboys" and "Chill Pill" albums as well as a brand new song entitled "Bad News (Rock 'n' Roll Boyfriend)".

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Meh, no John Ricco, no Warrior Soul. That's just another Kory Clarke solo thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Meh, no John Ricco, no Warrior Soul. That's just another Kory Clarke solo thing.

The SPACE AGE PLAYBOYS album had no John Ricco and that disc was just fine by me. W.S. has always been Kory's show anywhoo.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Yeah, SAP was good, but are any of these guys from that band?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah, SAP was good, but are any of these guys from that band?

I don't think so. Kory had to round up a new set of yes-men.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I'm still new to these guys. Was Ricco the main songwriter?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 5:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I'm still new to these guys. Was Ricco the main songwriter?

Nah, Spec just thinks he was cute.

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Bizarre....it's like the name Chinese Democracy holds a curse or something!

Kory Clarke is Warrior Soul, Warrior Soul is Kory Clarke. Enough said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 pm

rattpoison wrote:

Kory Clarke is Warrior Soul, Warrior Soul is Kory Clarke. Enough said.

I guess my question is then why have a Space Age Playboys band or a Dirty Rig. Both played very similar music, why didn't he just continue the Warrior Soul name? I'm being hypothetical about this, but it just strikes me as odd that if the members of the band WS didn't matter, and only Kory then why create other band names?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Dirty Rig and Space Age Playboys were kinda musically similar to WS but it wasn't in the same attitude and lyrical standpoint.

This new WS is something that seems to be by the look of the song titles, album cover etc something that is more in line what old WS were all about as opposed to Kory's other little bands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I guess my question is then why have a Space Age Playboys band or a Dirty Rig. Both played very similar music, why didn't he just continue the Warrior Soul name? I'm being hypothetical about this, but it just strikes me as odd that if the members of the band WS didn't matter, and only Kory then why create other band names?

In the case of Space Age Playboys (the band) I guess Kory figured he didn't sell records worth a squirt of p*ss under the Warrior Soul name so he might as well try again under a different banner.

As for Dirty Rig, that wasn't "his" band, they were already an established band - they'd already released one album with a different singer before Kory got on board.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

As for Dirty Rig, that wasn't "his" band, they were already an established band - they'd already released one album with a different singer before Kory got on board.

Oh roger dodger, I did not know that. Smile That album you let me hear from them sure sounded like WS though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:02 pm

I seriously don't know what's so great about Kory Clarke.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:47 am

troublezone wrote:
I seriously don't know what's so great about Kory Clarke.

Because he kicks against the pricks.
Back to top Go down
jmapot
Metal novice
Metal novice
jmapot

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

"We Cry Out"

"Hero"

"The Wasteland"

Nuts about the band.I first heard of Warrior Soul when they were announced as support for Metallica's Justice tour of the UK. The night before they headlined the Marquee club. What a show. To top it off I met Lars and James. I saw the latest version of the band last year. It was a good show but the rest of the band was some young hired hands. They seem to play in London a lot. I also saw Dirty Rig, was ok.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:46 am

A recent interview with Kory Clarke........talk about a loose canon, and that's why we love him......

Kory: We are advertising October 1, but it's more like October 16.

Rock N Roll Experience : Are you putting the disc out yourself?

Kory: Yeah...until I make $40,000, then I'm gonna give it to someone else

Rock N Roll Experience : Will it be released in the States?

Kory: I hope not...seriously, I don't like touring here though, it's like dealing with thousands of morons.

Rock N Roll Experience : Are you being serious or joking?

Kory: No, I don't like the closing times of the bars in the United States. I tried to save this country years ago & no one would listen to me, well, a few people, & everyone thinks I'm an sfincter for doing it, so guess what, Hi Girls, it's nice to be back in Spain! I don't give a f**k dude, I hope this country blows up into little pieces & a pile of smurf poo..I could care less!

Rock N Roll Experience : What do you think of Rage Against the Machine though...they kinda picked up the political torch that Warrior Soul started.

Kory: Well, congratulations, I hope you made some money you cunts! I don't care, great, hooray! Yay, somebody said something, I said something...I said something & all anybody said was, "Why is he saying something?" And then, someone else says something & they make money & it's like, Geffen never got the clue, Never work for a label that is ran by a smurfing pileofsticks! (Rick chimes in..."there you have it!")

Rock N Roll Experience : But the thing is, Warrior Soul did have a big underground fanbase, right?

Kory: Underground, Smunderground...it's like, I've gotta make money, I have to buy these (lifts his beer), & also food, & so, I don't give a smurf poo, of course, I love the people that love my band, but, the way AXL (Rose) smurfed me over & Geffen, with Bryn Bridenthal, this is all coming out in my book by the way, Bryn Bridenthal smurfed me up the ass, she worked publicity for Geffen & she is a smurfing C*nt! You tell her from me, if I ever see her, I'm gonna kick her teeth out, I'm gonna leave it at that. She (Bryn Bridenthal) ruined my career.

Rock N Roll Experience : How?

Kory: She did AXL's bidding....AXL didn't want me anywhere near his front.

Rock N Roll Experience : Why?

Kory: What do you mean why?

Rock N Roll Experience : I mean, AXL is AXL, you were not a threat to him.

Kory: Apparently...I didn't think so, but he doesn't have enough, he doesn't have enough money, he doesn't have enough fame, he doesn't have enough anything

Rock N Roll Experience : So is that why you are calling the new Warrior Soul record "Chinese Democracy"?

Kory: No, it's because I watched the Olympics & I felt that it would be a very nice idea to say that (Kory gives me this devilish looking smile) & I'm not changing the title of that album for all the democracy in China!

Rock N Roll Experience : Ok, I'll change the subject..what do you think of the upcoming presidential election?

Kory: What election? What election? What Election? There is no election...what are you f**king kidding me? It's a fascist state, done deal, listen to my records, please, that's a stupid question...

Rock N Roll Experience : Are you for Obama or McCain?

Kory: Am I for Bazinsky or Bazinsky? I mean, the truth of the matter is, it's Bazinsky VS Bazinsky, they got a war with Russia & they didn't get it, that's all they want..it's a war with Russia, it's all they want & it doesn't matter, the people that are in charge of this country are gonna be in charge of it & it's not Obama, It's not Bush, It's not McCain, It's the f**king Oil companies & the banks & that's it! That's all there is, you have no country, you live in a fascist dictatorship, your new religion is called Football! Enjoy it!

(Rick Chimes in..."You caught Kory in a Really good mood!") Rock N Roll Experience : Have you heard the last couple of Ministry records where Al Jourgenson was anti-Bush?

Kory: Who cares? I mean, no, seriously, who f**king cares if you hate Bush? Bush is not in charge of anything, Bush is an absolute f**king frontman, he's a punching bag, the guys behind him are the ones that f**king rule! It's his family & the devil worshipping cunts that f**king run this country! Oh, I don't like Bush, this is what Al (Jourgenson) has to say, this is his big comment, I hate Bush? I don't give a f**k, he's (Al) stupid & lame for even saying that..it's f**king absolutely childish!

Rock N Roll Experience: What bands are you listening to these days other than Trouble?

Kory: Warrior Soul & The Stoned, the band I'm producing. I listen to no other bands

Rock N Roll Experience: So how come you went glam at one point in your career & let the politics go?

Kory: I just had to do my Bowie stage, I thought it would be really cool & it's like, it was actually perfect timing, because I just anticipated the darkness at the same time & I'm always on the pulse of what is going on in that rock genre, now that rock has been destroyed for, & purposely destroyed by the powers that be, because it's the only uniting force of generations, & they realized that, so it needed to be destroyed & since it has been destroyed, there is no pulse, there is nothing, there is nothing to even talk about on that level, so it's absolutely a mood point at this point, the artists that still do it, they are living in a crypt that has been boxed in, it started with the raising of the drinking age, that was mainly, supposedly set to reduce teenage drunk driving & if you look at the statistics, it had nothing to do with that, it had everything to do with uniting people & they...totally f**king eliminated anyone like me from being a spokesman.

Rock N Roll Experience: Would you work with former Warrior Soul guitarist X-Factor again?

Kory: I saw him a couple of years ago @ a Backyard Babies show & he insisted that he wanted to work with me & I laughed.

Rock N Roll Experience: Did you guys end on bad terms?

Kory: Extreme...the thing is, every guitar player I work with I turn into a genius, if you haven't noticed...so, as soon as their ego goes beyond the pale, then they go, we don't need Kory anymore, they go & do their own smurf poo & they don't do anything, do they?

Rock N Roll Experience: Johnny Jetson

Kory: Cheers! Tattooed Millionaire, dude, but how great is that f**king Space Age Playboys record?! I'm gonna re-release that record & put 2 more bonus tracks on it & it'll be f**king massive, I wanna re-mix it though, I wanna pull down some of the effects on the vocals, I wanna bring the drums up, I wanna bring the vocals up.

Rock N Roll Experience: Did you see on ebay a few years back where someone was selling Warrior Soul demos of previously unreleased stuff?

Kory: Yeah...I did...I don't care, who cares? It's peanuts really, unless you're talking $100,000, I don't even wanna f**king talk about it, seriously, $100,000 is 2 years of my life, that is substantial money for me, you've got to understand, I have no country, I have no home, I live on the road, all's I do is rock

Rock N Roll Experience: So you don't call New York home?

Kory: I don't live there...I don't live anywhere...

Rock N Roll Experience: Dude..you're killing me with this! (Kory laughs very devilishly & asks "why?") I don't know, it's almost like interviewing Charles Manson, there's really weird energy here..it's really late (after 2 AM) & are you joking or being serious with me?

Kory: I'm serious, I don't live anywhere..I don't have a home, I live on the road, I've been on the road for 3 months, I'm gonna be on the road for another 2 months, I've got a Warrior Soul tour, I'm gonna go & do an album with these guys, these guys need me, I've gotta produce the next record, they need me bad on that level, they've got great songs, they've got everything & it's amazing, I just bought a laptop for $280 & my boy, f**king Hector the Computer Corrector on 14th Street, f**king $280 for a laptop.

Rock N Roll Experience: Did you get a Mac or PC?

Kory: PC, F**k Mac! And Smurf Bill gates too...Sailboat!

Rock N Roll Experience: Do you ever go on Blabbermouth at all?

Kory: Now & again...

Rock N Roll Experience: Check out what some of the responses from readers were on there...I read alot of negative stuff, but based on the show I saw tonight, I thought your live show was great!

Kory: Listen, alot of the smurf poo talking is Steve Seabury from Dirty Rig, the guy had me arrested...he ripped me off for $33,000. I told him that the next time I saw him I'd hit him over the head with a baseball bat & he called the police & had me arrested! I went to jail. I didn't quite Dirty Rig, he fired me because he wanted to take $33,000. There was $12,000 in the next album, there was $15,000 for a DVD....wah wah, welcome to rock n roll kid! But, you know what, what's he done since? My career is just starting again & we'll find out..I'm one of the last great frontmen & I still look pretty good!

Ok, so, I edited out the little conversations that were had in between the interview questions...there was banter about how aliens really exist & are among us, a conversation about what an amazing performer Marilyn Manson is, & how Kory doesn't get laid enough...I want to stress something about my interview with Kory...although I might not agree with or share the same view points as Mr. Clarke, I support his right to say what he wants, & the comments about Bryn Bridenthal, AXL Rose, Al Jourgenson, etc., are not comments being made by Rock N Roll Experience, those are the words of Kory Clarke, so if this interview upsets anyone, perhaps that's the point Kory is trying to make...he's trying to provoke people with his thoughts...whatever the case might be, those are the words & opinions of Kory Clarke & do not reflect what Rock N Roll Experience supports or believes...in all honesty, this is one interview I will never forget, it was both interesting, weird, & totally different than what a usual rock n roll interview is like...I'm not saying that in a bad way either, it just was what it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next