Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
jmapot
Metal novice
Metal novice
jmapot

Number of posts : 7

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:09 am

rattpoison wrote:
A recent interview with Kory Clarke........talk about a loose canon, and that's why we love him......

Kory: We are advertising October 1, but it's more like October 16.

Rock N Roll Experience : Are you putting the disc out yourself?

Kory: Yeah...until I make $40,000, then I'm gonna give it to someone else

Rock N Roll Experience : Will it be released in the States?

Kory: I hope not...seriously, I don't like touring here though, it's like dealing with thousands of morons.

Rock N Roll Experience : Are you being serious or joking?

Kory: No, I don't like the closing times of the bars in the United States. I tried to save this country years ago & no one would listen to me, well, a few people, & everyone thinks I'm an sfincter for doing it, so guess what, Hi Girls, it's nice to be back in Spain! I don't give a f**k dude, I hope this country blows up into little pieces & a pile of smurf poo..I could care less!

Rock N Roll Experience : What do you think of Rage Against the Machine though...they kinda picked up the political torch that Warrior Soul started.

Kory: Well, congratulations, I hope you made some money you cunts! I don't care, great, hooray! Yay, somebody said something, I said something...I said something & all anybody said was, "Why is he saying something?" And then, someone else says something & they make money & it's like, Geffen never got the clue, Never work for a label that is ran by a smurfing pileofsticks! (Rick chimes in..."there you have it!")

Rock N Roll Experience : But the thing is, Warrior Soul did have a big underground fanbase, right?

Kory: Underground, Smunderground...it's like, I've gotta make money, I have to buy these (lifts his beer), & also food, & so, I don't give a smurf poo, of course, I love the people that love my band, but, the way AXL (Rose) smurfed me over & Geffen, with Bryn Bridenthal, this is all coming out in my book by the way, Bryn Bridenthal smurfed me up the ass, she worked publicity for Geffen & she is a smurfing C*nt! You tell her from me, if I ever see her, I'm gonna kick her teeth out, I'm gonna leave it at that. She (Bryn Bridenthal) ruined my career.

Rock N Roll Experience : How?

Kory: She did AXL's bidding....AXL didn't want me anywhere near his front.

Rock N Roll Experience : Why?

Kory: What do you mean why?

Rock N Roll Experience : I mean, AXL is AXL, you were not a threat to him.

Kory: Apparently...I didn't think so, but he doesn't have enough, he doesn't have enough money, he doesn't have enough fame, he doesn't have enough anything

Rock N Roll Experience : So is that why you are calling the new Warrior Soul record "Chinese Democracy"?

Kory: No, it's because I watched the Olympics & I felt that it would be a very nice idea to say that (Kory gives me this devilish looking smile) & I'm not changing the title of that album for all the democracy in China!

Rock N Roll Experience : Ok, I'll change the subject..what do you think of the upcoming presidential election?

Kory: What election? What election? What Election? There is no election...what are you f**king kidding me? It's a fascist state, done deal, listen to my records, please, that's a stupid question...

Rock N Roll Experience : Are you for Obama or McCain?

Kory: Am I for Bazinsky or Bazinsky? I mean, the truth of the matter is, it's Bazinsky VS Bazinsky, they got a war with Russia & they didn't get it, that's all they want..it's a war with Russia, it's all they want & it doesn't matter, the people that are in charge of this country are gonna be in charge of it & it's not Obama, It's not Bush, It's not McCain, It's the f**king Oil companies & the banks & that's it! That's all there is, you have no country, you live in a fascist dictatorship, your new religion is called Football! Enjoy it!

(Rick Chimes in..."You caught Kory in a Really good mood!") Rock N Roll Experience : Have you heard the last couple of Ministry records where Al Jourgenson was anti-Bush?

Kory: Who cares? I mean, no, seriously, who f**king cares if you hate Bush? Bush is not in charge of anything, Bush is an absolute f**king frontman, he's a punching bag, the guys behind him are the ones that f**king rule! It's his family & the devil worshipping cunts that f**king run this country! Oh, I don't like Bush, this is what Al (Jourgenson) has to say, this is his big comment, I hate Bush? I don't give a f**k, he's (Al) stupid & lame for even saying that..it's f**king absolutely childish!

Rock N Roll Experience: What bands are you listening to these days other than Trouble?

Kory: Warrior Soul & The Stoned, the band I'm producing. I listen to no other bands

Rock N Roll Experience: So how come you went glam at one point in your career & let the politics go?

Kory: I just had to do my Bowie stage, I thought it would be really cool & it's like, it was actually perfect timing, because I just anticipated the darkness at the same time & I'm always on the pulse of what is going on in that rock genre, now that rock has been destroyed for, & purposely destroyed by the powers that be, because it's the only uniting force of generations, & they realized that, so it needed to be destroyed & since it has been destroyed, there is no pulse, there is nothing, there is nothing to even talk about on that level, so it's absolutely a mood point at this point, the artists that still do it, they are living in a crypt that has been boxed in, it started with the raising of the drinking age, that was mainly, supposedly set to reduce teenage drunk driving & if you look at the statistics, it had nothing to do with that, it had everything to do with uniting people & they...totally f**king eliminated anyone like me from being a spokesman.

Rock N Roll Experience: Would you work with former Warrior Soul guitarist X-Factor again?

Kory: I saw him a couple of years ago @ a Backyard Babies show & he insisted that he wanted to work with me & I laughed.

Rock N Roll Experience: Did you guys end on bad terms?

Kory: Extreme...the thing is, every guitar player I work with I turn into a genius, if you haven't noticed...so, as soon as their ego goes beyond the pale, then they go, we don't need Kory anymore, they go & do their own smurf poo & they don't do anything, do they?

Rock N Roll Experience: Johnny Jetson

Kory: Cheers! Tattooed Millionaire, dude, but how great is that f**king Space Age Playboys record?! I'm gonna re-release that record & put 2 more bonus tracks on it & it'll be f**king massive, I wanna re-mix it though, I wanna pull down some of the effects on the vocals, I wanna bring the drums up, I wanna bring the vocals up.

Rock N Roll Experience: Did you see on ebay a few years back where someone was selling Warrior Soul demos of previously unreleased stuff?

Kory: Yeah...I did...I don't care, who cares? It's peanuts really, unless you're talking $100,000, I don't even wanna f**king talk about it, seriously, $100,000 is 2 years of my life, that is substantial money for me, you've got to understand, I have no country, I have no home, I live on the road, all's I do is rock

Rock N Roll Experience: So you don't call New York home?

Kory: I don't live there...I don't live anywhere...

Rock N Roll Experience: Dude..you're killing me with this! (Kory laughs very devilishly & asks "why?") I don't know, it's almost like interviewing Charles Manson, there's really weird energy here..it's really late (after 2 AM) & are you joking or being serious with me?

Kory: I'm serious, I don't live anywhere..I don't have a home, I live on the road, I've been on the road for 3 months, I'm gonna be on the road for another 2 months, I've got a Warrior Soul tour, I'm gonna go & do an album with these guys, these guys need me, I've gotta produce the next record, they need me bad on that level, they've got great songs, they've got everything & it's amazing, I just bought a laptop for $280 & my boy, f**king Hector the Computer Corrector on 14th Street, f**king $280 for a laptop.

Rock N Roll Experience: Did you get a Mac or PC?

Kory: PC, F**k Mac! And Smurf Bill gates too...Sailboat!

Rock N Roll Experience: Do you ever go on Blabbermouth at all?

Kory: Now & again...

Rock N Roll Experience: Check out what some of the responses from readers were on there...I read alot of negative stuff, but based on the show I saw tonight, I thought your live show was great!

Kory: Listen, alot of the smurf poo talking is Steve Seabury from Dirty Rig, the guy had me arrested...he ripped me off for $33,000. I told him that the next time I saw him I'd hit him over the head with a baseball bat & he called the police & had me arrested! I went to jail. I didn't quite Dirty Rig, he fired me because he wanted to take $33,000. There was $12,000 in the next album, there was $15,000 for a DVD....wah wah, welcome to rock n roll kid! But, you know what, what's he done since? My career is just starting again & we'll find out..I'm one of the last great frontmen & I still look pretty good!

Ok, so, I edited out the little conversations that were had in between the interview questions...there was banter about how aliens really exist & are among us, a conversation about what an amazing performer Marilyn Manson is, & how Kory doesn't get laid enough...I want to stress something about my interview with Kory...although I might not agree with or share the same view points as Mr. Clarke, I support his right to say what he wants, & the comments about Bryn Bridenthal, AXL Rose, Al Jourgenson, etc., are not comments being made by Rock N Roll Experience, those are the words of Kory Clarke, so if this interview upsets anyone, perhaps that's the point Kory is trying to make...he's trying to provoke people with his thoughts...whatever the case might be, those are the words & opinions of Kory Clarke & do not reflect what Rock N Roll Experience supports or believes...in all honesty, this is one interview I will never forget, it was both interesting, weird, & totally different than what a usual rock n roll interview is like...I'm not saying that in a bad way either, it just was what it was.

Wow, the man is insane. Still rocks though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:13 am

Quote :
Kory: Extreme...the thing is, every guitar player I work with I turn
into a genius, if you haven't noticed...so, as soon as their ego goes
beyond the pale, then they go, we don't need Kory anymore, they go
& do their own smurf poo & they don't do anything, do they?

That's hilarious. I'm sure Rick Wartell and Bruce Franklin are finally geniuses after playing with Kory.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 am

Nice to see that Kory hasn't mellowed with age!! He's still completely out of his mind!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:57 am

Wow!!!!! Kory Clarke has not mellowed with age at all, if anything he has gotten more cankerous as he gets older. I love Warrior Soul but I don't think Kory needed any help from Axl in derailing his own career.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 am

He's blamed Axl Rose for the failure of Warrior Soul for years. He seems to think that while they were both signed to Geffen, Axl considered Warrior Soul a "threat" to his band, and used his influence among people at the label to not promote them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 am

Who knows maybe Kory Clarke is right about Axl, Axl isn't know for being humble, friendly or reasonable. Warrior Soul at the time had more critical acclaim than Guns n Roses, so who knows if Axl demanded a lion's share of the promotional budget for metal releases at Geffen, it seems like everyone back than would cave in to Axl's demand. I am not sure if Kory's rants are based on reality but anything is possible, look how Axl acted during the co headlining tour they did with Metallica, how he ousted his band members, and we could go on and on and .....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:12 am

I would also say that the break through of Nirvana Nevermind had a lot to do with the lack of Warrior Soul's success which is a shame really because Korey Clarke wanted to be the voice that people were looking for from Kurt Cobain who was more reluctant, Nevermind helped push Warrior Soul into the background when it should have had the oppisite effect, I think had Warrior Soul toured with Nirvana Korey Clarke may have been able to take the spotlight and pressure of Kurt Cobain, its a shame they never met, can't wait for the new Warrior Soul I've heard one new song called Forth Reich from Chinese Democracy and Korey's Voice didn't sound too bad, much better than I thought it was going to be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:16 am

I loved the Warrior Soul album Space Age Playboys a lot of fans seem divided on that one, i thought it was great it had an energy and urgency to it one of my favorite albums of the 90's for sure, of course their other albums are unappreciated classics, even Chill Pill had a few good offerings, "Song In Your Mind" probably being the best on that outing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:49 am

Anyone order Chinese Democracy? I did the other day. Hope it's not a cheap CDR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:58 am

I wanted to but I think I will wait and get it on its official release
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:59 am

glad to see there's still some Warrior Soul fans out there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:11 am

the new song I heard was pretty heavy, it was called Fourth Reich
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:16 am

Warrior_Soul wrote:
I think this current version will be an exclusive release, right? Sold only as a preorder online and then at shows. They says it's extremely limited.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:03 am

Warrior_Soul wrote:
I would also say that the break through of Nirvana Nevermind had a lot to do with the lack of Warrior Soul's success which is a shame really because Korey Clarke wanted to be the voice that people were looking for from Kurt Cobain who was more reluctant, Nevermind helped push Warrior Soul into the background when it should have had the oppisite effect, I think had Warrior Soul toured with Nirvana Korey Clarke may have been able to take the spotlight and pressure of Kurt Cobain, its a shame they never met, can't wait for the new Warrior Soul I've heard one new song called Forth Reich from Chinese Democracy and Korey's Voice didn't sound too bad, much better than I thought it was going to be

Welcome to the board.....particularly a Warrior Soul fan.

Yeah i kinda agree, as i remember Shiney saying once in a thread "When Nirvana happened alot of bands didn't" or something to that effect.

Kory definately captured the zeitgeist lyrically better than any other band at the time save for the Manic Street Preachers (Another politically and socially aware hard rock band that failed to make a dent in the US).

Kory articulated blow for blow alot of things that could have made him the 'real' voice of the generation....but of course that was thrust upon Kurt but not without reason. Nirvana were never a political band but their was something about their music that captured that feeling as well but in another way to WS.

So both were incredibly important and brilliant bands in a certain time, just one became huge and the other unfortunately is a cult underground band. Sometimes theres a fine line between the two.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 am

Where can you order this CD at? I definitely want it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:32 am

If Kory was a little younger I could forgive his childish rantings as "youth related", but he's just a loudmouth blowhard that's pissed at the world and wants to spew.

He needs to consider a few things.

Warrior Soul was a good band in the beginning...but they were never "the second coming". I saw them open for Soundgarden and they didn't even come close to stacking up against them...and Soundgarden opened their set with a cover of Cheech & Chong's Earache My Eye...

He's a drunk and it's ruined his voice. Billie Holiday was a heroin addict and alcoholic as well...but the damage to her voice worked for her, made her sound more worldy and real than she had before. Kory is no Billie Holiday.

Kory was horrible as Trouble's frontman, he's a hired gun and is acting like it. The last thing Trouble needed was a Steven Tyler clone onstage with scarves wrapped around his mic stand trying to shake his ass to songs like R.I.P.

Maybe if the guy sobers up, goes into therapy and grows up a little I'll pay attention to him. But I've known enough 40+ year old juvenile delinquents in my life...I've had my fill.

*no offense intended for Warrior Soul fans, this is just my personal opinion*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 pm

mez wrote:
Where can you order this CD at? I definitely want it!
Their MySpace page. There's a Paypal link about halfway down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:07 pm

detuned wrote:
If Kory was a little younger I could forgive his childish rantings as "youth related", but he's just a loudmouth blowhard that's pissed at the world and wants to spew.

He needs to consider a few things.

Warrior Soul was a good band in the beginning...but they were never "the second coming". I saw them open for Soundgarden and they didn't even come close to stacking up against them...and Soundgarden opened their set with a cover of Cheech & Chong's Earache My Eye...

He's a drunk and it's ruined his voice. Billie Holiday was a heroin addict and alcoholic as well...but the damage to her voice worked for her, made her sound more worldy and real than she had before. Kory is no Billie Holiday.

Kory was horrible as Trouble's frontman, he's a hired gun and is acting like it. The last thing Trouble needed was a Steven Tyler clone onstage with scarves wrapped around his mic stand trying to shake his ass to songs like R.I.P.

Maybe if the guy sobers up, goes into therapy and grows up a little I'll pay attention to him. But I've known enough 40+ year old juvenile delinquents in my life...I've had my fill.

*no offense intended for Warrior Soul fans, this is just my personal opinion*
But how do you like the music?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
But how do you like the music?[/quote]

Can't hear it, Kory's ego takes up too much sonic territory.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Warrior_Soul wrote:
I think this current version will be an exclusive release, right? Sold only as a preorder online and then at shows. They says it's extremely limited.

It'll be available at their shows and thru their website first, then as a general release in January '09, last I heard.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:03 am

speaking of Soundgarden I always wanted to hear Korey Clarke team up with Kim Thail as a guitarist for Warrior Soul I think they could have made some killer music together, as for Korey's interview I've heard he was piss drunk during it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:09 am

I'll try and snag a copy of Chinese Democracy off ebay if it comes on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Warrior_Soul wrote:

It'll be available at their shows and thru their website first, then as a general release in January '09, last I heard.
This is what it says on the site:

This very limited edition CD will only be available to pre-order via PayPal and on our shows in the UK & US this year.

The first pressing of 'Chinese Democracy' will be a very limited-edition digipack CD including tracks like 'Motor City', 'Don't Believe', 'Smurf the Pigs', 'Bad News (Rock n Roll Boyfriend)' and 'The Fourth Reich'.

Maybe it's just limited packaging or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 am

Warrior_Soul wrote:
I'll try and snag a copy of Chinese Democracy off ebay if it comes on
Um...why not just order it for $20 from the band instead of paying more than that on eBay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:54 am

no credit card so I get my friend to order it for me and pay him but he only uses ebay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next