Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:57 am

Babylon AD's a great band too. Good pickup. Warrior Soul smokes'em tho. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm going to throw up a band and album from around Warrior Soul's time that i put in the same camp as them. More in spirit and idea then direct sound comparison.

Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists (1992)

A young angry Welsh band that inked their lyrics in venom much like Kory, about greedy multinationals and society's failings. All soundtracked to big anthemic grinding Guns N' Roses guitar rocked heavy metal. Makes me feel the same way after listening to Warrior Soul, in that i wanna "firebomb telecom" or spray paint the walls of banks with lyrics from the Manics. It's a double album as well and a debut, the original plan from the band was to produce the best rock album ever and then fade away. But they kept going on although lost songwriter and heart and soul of the band Richey Edwards when he disappeared without a trace in 1995.

Totally worth having.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Quote :
Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists (1992)

I keep hearing these guys' name thrown around. I've heard of em but never heard 'em.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:28 pm

*bump*

For Scotts opinion of Salutations.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Yea, Scott! Didja get "Salutations" Yet? Whad'ja think of it? Huh huh huh?

C'mon, SPILL!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

I got it but I'm backlogged musically. I'll get to it soon and I haven't forgotten you guys at all.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Good band, but I havent listened to the cassette I have in a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Good band, but I havent listened to the cassette I have in a long time.

If all I had was a cassette, I wouldn't listen to it either. You can get most of the WS titles on CD for cheap.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Id have to listen to it again before I decided to buy the CD.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:22 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Id have to listen to it again before I decided to buy the CD.

Which one was it? Salutations From The Ghetto Nation is definitely worth "re-buying'.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:23 pm

It is Salutations. I honestly dont remember how they sound though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:33 pm

"The Party" is such a relevant song these days, methinks...... Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:54 pm

spectrefate wrote:
"The Party" is such a relevant song these days, methinks...... Smile

How about "Four More Years?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:55 pm

Hell, Kory himself is finally relevant again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The 4-song EP by The Stoned is available from CDBaby... but dammit, it's out of stock right now!!! angry I already put myself on the "waiting list" for it.

Just got an e-mail from CDBaby that the Stoned EP is back in stock... it's only five bucks! Woot! I will likely be ordering it tonight, along with a few more from the irresistible CDBaby $5.00 goodie bin. 🤘

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:15 am

Just ordered the Stoned EP from CDBaby. Will report on it as soon as it's in my hot little hand.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:01 am

Ahem....clears throat, cracks knuckles, slugs back some Pepto....

I've given Salutations......3 full spins - my normal "pre judgement" effort. Some bands need only one spin and some are so subtle they need 1-2 more. But by and large I know by 3 what's what for me.

Warrior Soul is...........O.K.

There are 2-3 standout songs that actually do rock nicely and rattle around the brain for a while. Overall, however, I just don't find much to my liking. I think a lot of it has to do with the vocals. They aren't catchy or melodic enough for me. The vocals (and anger) remind me a lot of Skyclad (whose music I like but the vocals kill me as well).

As far as genre, they have some Punk leanings but they aren't full-on Punk (besides, I've sort of left all but the most select punk behind). I really don't care what a bands' genre is so long as the music moves me. This doesn't. All but the vocalist are (seem to be) fine musicians, but what they've cobbled together isn't in my head 3 days later.

I know many here love them. I'm sorry to say I do not. It is what it is. I know you'll hate me today. That's O.K. as long as you cuddle tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:07 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Ah I know you'll hate me today. That's O.K. as long as you cuddle tonight.

Well, you got me there.

Sorry you musical taste sucks didn't like the album. Maybe another day.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 am

SO you will cuddle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
SO you will cuddle?

Sorry. I don't go for the muscular type. The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 288219
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:15 am

We're through!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:18 am

Meh, at least you tried'em (and it didn't cost you much since you got the CD cheap). Which songs did you think "rocked nicely?"

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 am

Quote :
I think a lot of it has to do with the vocals. They aren't catchy or melodic enough for me.

Yet you like Elvenking and Korpiklaani. Eh, go figure.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:00 am

Quote :
Yet you like Elvenking and Korpiklaani. Eh, go figure.

On the surface that my seem like a good point. I didn't say the vocals were too harsh...I said they weren't catchy or melodic. I find that Elvenking have great vocal arrangments.

Korpiklaani? Yeah, the vocals are harsh, but it's Troll/beer music and it's the huumpa and the varied instruments that get me. I think they write great, catchy tunes.

Fat Freddy:

Ass-Kicken and Ghetto Nation are pretty good tunes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:03 am

[quote="scottmitchell74"]
Quote :

Fat Freddy:

Ass-Kicken and Ghetto Nation are pretty good tunes.

How'bout "The Golden Shore?" I usually skip over ballads but that tune is GORGEOUS!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next